Ok, I don't know a damn thing about football

Ok, I don't know a damn thing about football.

What are those random numbers the quarterback or fullback or whatever shouts while they are all genuflecting on their knees, while lined up in little rows before throwing the ball?

Also is there a difference between football and foozball?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VH5gwHHjZ7Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's called an audible

Basically he is changing the play on the offensive side because of what he's seeing on the defense.

He's speaking in a secret code.

play codes

How do they memorize those codes since a lot of football players have brain damamge? And do they have code deciphers working on both sides?

1. The fullback yells the plot of his favorite movie to help calm down the running backs, who are known for abandoning the game and running into the stands
2. no

What is foozball then? Why two names for the same thing?

What's the difference between all these backs?

fullback is what we used to call your mom back in the '70s.

foozball is iranian for "pig capsule" which is the traditional name of football

the backs are named after the amount of chest hair each has

fullback: full greek style chest hair
halfback: moderate chest hair
quarterback: happy trail only (this is why good quarterbacks are so rare in the NFL)
runningback: leg hair only (IMPORTANT)

That's not true, doesn't Greg Brady have a fair amount of chest hair?

he has to shave it before the start of each NFL season

spygate was when brady was busted peeping on other QBs shaving their chest hairs

to this day it remains one of the most controversial events in football history

I thought his controvery had something to do with sucking the air out of both of the teams balls or something?

QBs sometimes like to put their mouths on the football and suck up the air so they have more air in them
this lets the QB float in the air a little bit and hit the wide receiver for a slant more easily (a slant is when the WR has to jump over slanted wooden flooring without getting hurt)
floating is illegal in the NFL but sometimes the refs don't see it because there's a cool bird in the sky

You're just fucking around now, those balls aren't filled with helium.

correct
they're filled with nitrous oxide to help entertain the fans

great thread

Codes are usually far more simple.

Razor/Laser is Left and Right and other L and R words.

Then the other code is just talking to position groups.

You might say Darling to the line men to run block. Or Tim to blitz protect.

You'll say potato to the Half back and he knows that's a sweep.

Laser Darling Potato is Left Sweep and the linemen are run blocking left.

Razor Tim tells the line to blitz protect right.

It's more complicated than that because you also have to tell the linemen where the running back is going to go, but you get the jist.

It's pretty easy to remember because each position group only has a few choices.

Quarterbacks have to memorize everything.

The codes are broken down into parts, each part being for a specific position group (receivers, linemen, backs). So basically each player has to memorize about 10-50 words (depending on position and general offensive complexity) that they can hear and then now the play, and if they hear their word pop up they know what to do.

It's a lot more complicated than that a lot of the time, and sometimes a lot more simple (like when there's only two possible plays, which is usually when you hear the QB go "Kill kill" because the first play is bad).

>Ok, I don't know a damn thing about football.
>Pic of Brady

fitting

Wait shouldn't all the players memorize the codes otherwise the players wouldn't be able to decipher them, and why not use something more simpler like the Army of Portugal cipher?

Also have there been any famous instances of a team member misinterpreting the code? And is that what Bil Lacheck did? Found the other teams codes?

How do the "grunts" who seem to have trouble with simple addition go about playing, ya know people like the waterboy?

whole thread of people takin the b8

god this place has gone to shit

Certain positions are have to remember a portion of the code as each word is meant for one position group.

Because you learn what you love.

Good insight.

>brain damamge

>the linemen where the running back is going to go, but you get the jist.

This is true but in the case of Tom Brady, he calls all the protections, for the pass to the run, everything. That's something not even Peyton Manning did. He relied on Jeff Saturday and Dan koppen to do that.

The center calls the pass protections for running plays, that's one of the toughest positions to play honestly.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VH5gwHHjZ7Q

I never under stood America's obsession with football. Also dem trips.

>How do they memorize those codes since a lot of football players have brain damamge?
What are the odds that the OP was bait to say this comment.

fucking kill yourself, you Xenos scum. How do you not know shit about football?

I'm an American of German and French descent and I give fuck all about football. I tried watching a game once but fell asleep during it. It's really fucking boring. I prefer sports like fencing and horse racing. Football is a plebian sport.

But America is obsessed with handegg not football

this fucking thread has me dying and i hate all of you good day lads.

What is handegg?

dying from laughter or from facepalming?

Has the NFL considered making the game touch football or flag football and making tackling illegal, or a penalty, to go back several yard lines so the game is made more safe and less football players suffer from retardating later in life?

meant to say retardation.

So if they don't want to change the play to adjust to the other team do they just shout out SAME or nothing?

>You might say Darling to the line men to run block.

Does that insinuate that there is some hanky panky going on in the locker room between certain members and letting others know that they are yours, by callin them darling?

A white running back is a fullback

That's why most quarterbacks are white. They actually have a brain. You'll find that all the other positions basically only requires you to be fast, strong and able to tackle.

>American of European descent
Yeah most white Americans are of European descent...