I've been told this show is closest to Lost in terms of sci-fi/supernatural elements...

I've been told this show is closest to Lost in terms of sci-fi/supernatural elements, and that it was shaping up to be one of the best shows on TV before its untimely demise. Now that the series is finally getting another season, I've decided to give it a go. Is it any good? What should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o6KHdHygZ6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Owls and coffee

Season 1 is great
Most of Season 2 is good, feel free to skip any scene with James after he leaves the town.

Don't bother you are what's know as a normie...it's not for you ...try Big Bang

Are you trying to tell me that James's scenes aren't awful?

Lynch is hit or miss regardless of what you watch by him. I think you have to be mildly insane to appreciate his work, but that's not necessarily bad.

they were necessary, you don't seem to understand man

Not fucking Lost that's for sure. Whoever told you that was grasping at straws.

It's a pretty unique mesh of suspense and soap opera which hasn't ever really been done to the same effect by anything else. If you liked True Detective it was heavily inspired by Twin Peaks, only the latter is 100x better

youtube.com/watch?v=o6KHdHygZ6k

How were they necessary?

>only the latter is 100x better
Nah.

if you're implying true detective is superior that's one hell of a bad taste you've got there

This is actually a great scene. It's James' Evelyn Marsh adventure that was borderline unbearable.

That was what you implied.

Wait sorry, I'm retarded. Carry on.

It kind of reminds me of Stranger Things

>latter = the last object that was referred to
>former = the first object that was referred to

fucking christ

It's at least a little bit LOST-like in that there is supernatural phenomena but the main focus is the characters. But tonally they are totally different.

Overrated bullshit that faggots like. Eraserhead is by far the best work from Lynch with Twin Peaks being the absolute worst. I seriously believe the blind fans of his have something wrong with their brain.

Nice assertion.

DESCRIBE WHY THIS IS A "GREAT" SCENE. All I see is some mindlessly stupid bit with the setup for the song trying to be surreal and failing hard.

>choosing the edgy cult classic as his best

I bet you think mulholland drive is incoherent nonsense.

Pathetic.

I bet you know exactly what every scene David Lynch has filmed is supposed to mean because you're an intellectual! Too bad Lynch himself doesn't know what the fuck shit means most of the time.

I hated most scenes with the teenagers. I just wanted more Cooper.

>Too bad Lynch himself doesn't know what the fuck shit means most of the time
eraserhead is good, but its pretty much the equivalent of a college art movie. It's likely he didn't know what he was doing for that even more so than his later projects, I don't see how you can claim its his best one

>Overrated bullshit that faggots like. Eraserhead is by far the best work from Lynch with Twin Peaks being the absolute worst. I seriously believe the blind fans of his have something wrong with their brain.

BONSAI

Same

I wanted more scenes with GORDON COLE and Albert

1st season was great
First half of 2nd season is pretty good
There is about a 9-10 episode stretch that is just abysmal, but the final episode is amazing.

Depends on your tastes. Look at Lynch's other works first, if you haven't already.

I too discovered Twin Peaks through a comparison with Lost. But ultimately I love Twin Peaks more. Up until a bit into season 2 Twin Peaks is great. Then there's a shitton of whocares episodes. Then the last few episodes are good.

Ultimately, Lost is clearly aimed at mass audiences while Twin Peaks is a labor of love.

That's not really him singing though right?

Currently on S2E3, when does it get shit? would I miss out on any significant plot details by skipping a few? However I've loved everything so far, so I'm tempted to just burn straight on through

what a forehead

>when does it get shit?
Well, I mean you can decide that for yourself, but it's generally agreed that after the plot about Laura's killer gets resolved, the show gets very aimless and has a bunch of unrelated silly plots that are mostly irrelevant to Bob/Coop. The last couple episodes are good though.

>would I miss out on any significant plot details by skipping a few?
Probably, yeah. Even though most of the sub-plots are silly, some of them converge with Coop's plot in hilarious ways.

Last month I finished Twin Peaks for the first time. First Season is excellent. The Second Season is serviceable. The beginning episodes of Season 2 were great, but the mid-point was the issue. A lot of characters going in circles and having almost no resolve. At the end of Season 2 we get really good closure with the characters. Although I'm wondering how the fuck will they do another season.

Since we all know Cooper is 25 years older and that correlates to 2017. Which character survived those crazy HAPPENINGS in the last episode? Is my Waifu/Audrey dead? And I started to like Mr. Horne by the end...

After the Killer's reveal, there is a lack of direction: although it is still good, but lackluster. still funny as fuck however

>After the Killer's reveal
That still makes it better when after the Killer dies. After that point the show completely goes off the rail with the teenagers and kinda forgets what it was doing.

I was expecting Bob to possess a bunch of fools with seduction to rage and hatred, but instead we get a melodrama romantic teen show instead. Then finally near the end when shit cools off. They start to do the stuff I expected they would do ages ago by incorporating all of Cooper's, Harry's, and Mr. Horne's troubles together and resolve a bunch of shit. Also having Bob appear a little to steal Windom Earle's soul was satisfying.

I liked them sometimes because it reminded me of like, spooky 80's horror movies.

Finished the series for the first time a few days ago. The middle part of season 2 is not as bad as people make it out to be and the finale is very good. One of the comfiest and best tv shows of all time user.

>what did he mean by this?

oh yeah I meant that obviously
after the real story is finished