I need your help, Sup Forums. My best friend is throwing his life away as a result of his alcoholism...

I need your help, Sup Forums. My best friend is throwing his life away as a result of his alcoholism. Basically he spent most of his savings buying prescription drugs and alcohol. His gf dumped him a few months ago because he was never sober and couldn't take him seriously, she took some money from him though.

I don't mean to be an emotionalfag, but I seriously think he's going to poison himself to death. He just doesn't care about anything anymore, he disregards fucking everything and can't go more than a day without getting shitfaced. He was there for me when I was going through shit, so why won't he let me help him? What do I do?

being an alcohol is much different than "going through shit" like you were at one point-- you can't just "let people help you" if you have an addiction like that. unfortunately, you have to want to change yourself in order to get over something like that. the most you can do is probably spend day and night with him and try to keep him from drinking. otherwise, i guarantee he'll find a way to keep drinking until he himself decides he's done with it or that he wants to change.

>Being an alcohol
Ah I remember the first time I read that greentext story too

>an alcohol
Memories...

Sup Forumsrothers

Anyone have that saved. I keep forgetting when I see it

I HEREBY DECLARE THIS TO BE A GREENTEXT THREAD NOW

I understand that, even though I've never really been addicted to anything. He's kinda bigger than me, I have no idea how I'm supposed to stop him from drinking. Like hide all the alcohol? What if he goes on a rampage?

Can't save everyone.
Source: I'm an alcoholic who is drunk and literally love alcohol more than anything.

Would your old self approve of you being like this? Don't you ever wish for anything more, something more refreshing in life?

I support this

My old self used to think that all drugs were the reason why the people I knew suck. I'm currently in school to be a sonographer after spending 5 years in the military. If you want refreshing then drink by a bonfire playing and singing music for hours with friends.

You guys tried. Oh well

Drinking every once and a while with friends and drinking to celebrate is great, man. The hangover doesn't even matter if it was worth it for that one fun night. But there's a huge difference between drinking to celebrate, and drinking to numb yourself from everything. He never used to be that way, he didn't need anything to numb him because he could deal with life's shit so well. He used to be the toughest person I knew, now he's completely deteriorated. I'll never get used to it.

Go to Ctrl+F "al/ck"
There's always an AAA (alcoholics anonymous anonymous) thread on ck. helped me to stop a 2.1 litre of vodka/day addiction.

Sounds to me like you're not happy with where he is going in life. I'm fucking ecstatic with myself. If you really thin he isn't than alcohol, drugs and his girlfriend being gone. Sound's to me like your buddy is GIVING UP! Proof coming soon when I go out and smoke..

Let him die doing what he loves

That's the thing, I don't want him to give up. I feel like I'm letting him down. I can't let him.

Why would I want him to die? He's only 21, he's got his whole life ahead of him to live a great fucking life

It's not easy my brother oded a few weeks ago. I tried my hardiest to help. You can't save someone that doesn't want to be saved

It's hard to see now but it;s the result of me being beyond blackout drunk and trying to kill myself years ago.

You can't force him to care about his well being. He has to find his own.

Drunk user here. This user seems to understand the pain.

Yeah. The worst thing is having to be the friend who always drags him back to his place when he's puking all over. Drunk people do the dumbest shit

The worst is being the friend who cared enough to go through that.

u need to drink with him and get him into a lot trouble. say its totally his fault cause he brought you everywhere and then he stops drinking cause it hurts other people

I know I've always been the friend that cares, but it almost always pays off. People will literally invite you to smoke and chill with them, people can respect someone who cares about others well being. I've always been that person for my friend, let's call him S, mainly because S never had parents that actually cared about him

this is actually a good idea

>posts common fark.com image
> claims drunk
> is shiatposting
Fuck off. I'm 17 drinks in four hours after coming home from work and you want to talk getting shitfaced?

eat a fucking dick

Things like this are why I love to drink alone. I used to go through the same thing. Thinking I was everyone's saviors. Doesn't matter how long I knew them. Then I realized that you can't save everyone. You can't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Not everyone is an alcoholic. Just dealing with one brother.

> claims drunk
>is shiatposting

but I never claimed to be drunk ?

Pain isn't the word

I'm right there with you. I function like a normal human being, but I'm a robot named bender when it comes to alcohol, maybe that's cause I'm irish or maybe cause I'm robot. Who knows. But alcohol is was a way of life before clean water, hippies

>(You)
It's the most relatable to the feeling you have felt. It's never gonna go away. It's just going to be more easy to cope with.

It was from a fucking commercial. Faggots.

"I used to be an alcohol" REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ya'll addicts need spirituality. I always seem to reply to these threads when I'm tired as shit. You can't save everyone. - drunk user

Trip codes are for faggots.