NRL Rugby League Four Nations

Australia vs Scotland

Lightstream stadium Hull

8pm local time/6am AEDT time. Pretty much 5 hours from now

Other urls found in this thread:

icc-cricket.com/news/2016/media-releases/96657/teams-converge-on-los-angeles-as-usa-hosts-maiden-icc-divisional-event
youtube.com/watch?v=zS1UwV9JAtE
tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/league/usa-canada-set-host-2025-rugby-league-world-cup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

icc-cricket.com/news/2016/media-releases/96657/teams-converge-on-los-angeles-as-usa-hosts-maiden-icc-divisional-event

Just got back from a work social function at the bowls club.

I did karaoke.

>unironically starting a thread for this

also RIP matai

thoughts?

Morning, lads.

Smith will injure himself in this game and Australia will miss the final.

You now remember how based the 2013 RLWC was

>That England vs NZ game

btw game is starting lads

>Poote

Samoa vs NZ was great as well.

>I actually got up this early to watch a Kangaroos training run

The only question here is if Australia will beat the clock.

Australia 20
Clock 15
Scotland 0

i hope no scottish person in Hull who doesnt know much about rugby league decided to go because they saw Scotland on a billboard and assumed this would be some kind of contest

Should I watch the rest of this game or finish reading The Castle?

In 2018 the “fourth” nation should just be the world all stars. Or European/Pacific All stars depending where it's held

They should let a Pacific Island team back in. Samoa were actually competitive in 2014.

Samoa got robbed twice that year

I don't remember it too well but I know I was pissed off when they beat New Zealand.

They should have recognized Samoa's potential and kept them permanently in an attempt to improve them.

>Boylan

Samoa are the only half competitive "second tier" team. IIrc they nearly beat England, not sure if that was part of that 4 nations tourney or not though.

Where is he?

That game against England they were level with them before England got a coupke of refball tier tries

Against NZ they were leading with like 5 minutes to go before Ben Roberts dropped it and SKD scored

Australia v Clock is still the more exciting competition in this match

They lost 32-26 to England and 14-12 to New Zealand. Neither side rested players to play their B team or anything, so they were actually very respectable results.

They were competitive with NZ in the World Cup too, until NZ ran away with in the last 40 minutes or so.

Kek. 40 minutes is half the game. The 2014 game was impressive because it was during the Kiwis peak and it was a home game for New Zealand.

I meant to say 20, not sure why I said 40.

>2021 world cup being held in England again

Yawn

Comeback is on.

COMEBACK

scots will win 68 - 40 tbqh

>Jake Friend getting picked for Australia after the shit season he had

He was the Roosters' best player you casual. Had less impact in attack because he was making around 50 tackles a game.

>He was the Roosters' best player
That's like winning the special olympics, who gives a shit

why is dugan so soft

ScotGODs

Australia look mediocre.

>tfw Moyshit gets picked ahead of TedesGOD next year just because he played for Australia

Quite amused by this one commentator that only chimes in with exaggerated praise for Scotland when they do something well.

>A sideways kick from dummy half

Why?

Well that was fun, catch you guys at midnight for the other game

;)

>41 posts
>3 IPs

When will this fucking joke of a sport just give up and die?

>league

Rugby union.

>4 nations
Literally the league world cup, let's call a spade a spade here lads.

>peeague

>leaguies BTFO by /rug/ again

At this point it should just be convention to say rugby or rugby league. Everyone knows you're talking about union even if you don't specify.
>nephew tells me he heard they play a different type of rugby in league
>asks if that's why our local club does so much better in cup competitions

Rugby.

based fucking walkie

>50 posts
>14 IPs, half of which are /rug/ GODposters
>the collapsed Yorkshire coal mine of ''''rugby'''' league

Fellow wogs

Aus vs NZ in the netball right now lads, who is the most qt?????

Reminder this is the best test of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=zS1UwV9JAtE

Game on in 50 minutes.

Thanks m8

Pretty hyped lads

RoosterGOD is BACK

I probably will watch this.

But I won't enjoy it and won't post in this thread further.

Looks like it'll just be us two cuz

I am also here

The party is just getting started

We should really be getting more than the Scotland game since this one is actually worth watching.

Think England will win, sadly.

Is the image in this article the William Webb Ellis trophy?

tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/league/usa-canada-set-host-2025-rugby-league-world-cup

My workplace shuts down for 2 weeks over Christmas and I've accrued enough holiday pay to be paid over this period.

Do I have to report to Centrelink as if I worked full time hours, or do I report no hours worked?

>Gus wearing a suit
>Vonnie wearing a hoody

Just rocked up to the 24/7 IGA and there's pretty much a full car park right now.

Wtf

walkcunt on suicide watch

Yes, NZ media's knowledge of rugby league is on display.

WalkGod on Nobel Prize watch.

Yes

Also they should have let USA and Canada host the next world cup

Yeah, but the NZ media SHOULD be knowledgeable on rugby union, and should know that 2025 is not in the RWC cycle.

Not sure who is going to win - England warmed up against France and NZ played Australia.

Wish Bennett would explain his tactical decisions, grumpy cunt.

2025 is a good decision. It gives time for the minnow European nations to get better than they currently are so we get more competitive games when the big 3 aren't playing.

My Newstart usually appears in my bank account at midnight between the Saturday and Sunday every fortnight, but hasn't come through yet.

/worried/

Test

Testing

>international game held at the Caravan Park

Fucking hell, they only got rid of the dog track a couple of years ago.

Rugby League is a fucking joke. Especially Super League with its contrived format, child cheerleaders and meff fanbase.

I'm here.

>not a single English flag itt
>only 1 poo peeland flag

>""""""""""international"""""""""" """""rugby""""" league

It also gives time for them to grow their player base and grow coffers. Teams will only get better if they play at a greater level. For that to happen they need to be able to play frequently. Luckily for the European nations it's easier to travel to play each other but there's still a long way to go. For example, Serbia is meant to be one of the stronger teams because they beat Germany and Spain pretty comfortably but they went up against Wales or Italy and had 50 put on them.

How does this tournament work?

Do they play every team twice and then a winner is declared by who has the most wins?

Must be fine if the Hull Kingston Rovers play there

They play each other once and the top two play a final.

Just once

It's pretty simple but not very good: Every team plays each other once, most wins goes through to the GF. Points differential splits if there's equal wins I think

Does Australia send its best players?

2 years ago we didn't, but we usually do

Yes. I think they get paid 40k a game or something too, so it's not terrible for them. They also have a full offseason to recover if any major injuries occur.

They're back to being a second tier team, got relegated.

They left their best two players at home and sent a few shitters in their place. For the most part it is their best team.

This is a neat looking stadium

Looks like the SFS if you took out all the uncovered seating.

John Smiths stadium. Sponsored by some scally beer only drunken by Northerners.

I love this sport

That's really dumb.

It could be even more Northern

>take the penalty kick

There's no one in international league with the balls, smarts or money. That being said it's a pretty tough ask, how do you get other nations competitive if they are all pretty much semi professionals.