Explain to me why prison guards don't have fingerprint detected pistols yet, besides the cost

Explain to me why prison guards don't have fingerprint detected pistols yet, besides the cost.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/4/gun-shop-nixes-plans-sell-smart-gun-after-death-th/
techcrunch.com/2016/04/30/why-the-nra-hates-smart-guns/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cost.

Besides the cost, jackass.

You do realize that the inmates will cut the finger off a guard to be able to fire the gun, right?

How are you gonna cut off a finger and grab the gun that fast?

reliability

Probably because there's almost no reason for prison guards to have fingerprint DRM pistols.

21 foot rule. You kill the guard before he's able to get his gun. Inmate cuts off finger, inmate now has a gun, and all he had to do was make a prison shank.

It would take a while to cut off a finger, you would be noticed by the tons of other guards around.

Are you some kinda bozo?

Not only are they not reliable enough, but a prison riot would quickly end in prisoners having access to the guns

Not if they didn't have the finger, faggot.

it would be just as effective to convince the prisoners they did have them, even if they didn't.

Because it's a terrible idea. Adding that kind of unreliable complexity won't make the gun safer, it'll make it more likely to fail when it's actually needed.

When you're surrounded by cons who are itchin to shank you in the neck, you don't have time to fuck around with a fingerprint scanner.

How?

wouldnt really be necessary if we treated prisoners like humans.

why would they "behave" if they have nothing to look forward to?

It wouldn't take hours to use it, just put your finger on the trigger and fire.

Do you cost that it's cost is too costy for the costosiny of the costry?

What? They aren't all on death row, wtf are you talking about?

There are plenty of ways to get a guards finger on the scanner, cunt

I'm actually a corrections officer and that's a fucking terrible idea. I would never want to bring in a firearm to prison because that it asking for trouble.

Checked, also kek

Explain to me why men don't live on Mars and travel between the stars, besides the cost.

It's unreliable and the problem with prison guards isn't having their guns stolen, it's the fact that inmates stab guards, spray at guards, punch guards, kick them, and so on.

most finger print scanners can detect an "alive" finger from a "dead" finger, so it won't work.

Underrated

I wish they'd give you one so you can shoot yourself faggot.

C O S T

"Signature guns" are completely unreliable. The fingerprint system breaks after only fireing it a few times..

I can't.

Explain to me why I don't have a space colony yet, besides the cost.

>tons of other guards

How many guards do you think are in a prison at one time?

Keked

Most finger print scanners can't detect a good impression on tape from the real thing, the fuck are you talking about.

>besides the cost

At least 5

youre all talkong about hyper violent prisoners...thisbehavior happens in max and super max facilities mostly.

long sentences, widespread use of solitary confinement (for years at a time), reduced availability of work and education programs.

you dont need to be on death row to become desperate and mentally unstable.

Because you can just hire better non stupid guards for cheaper.

A lot are in for life, on death row, or are in for a serious enough crime that when they do get out they won't be able to get a decent job because of their record.

Someone has been to prison before huh.

Samefag

They definitely don't go everywhere alone, you fucking mong.

do you think they are secret service or something? theyre just regular street niggers clocking in for a job, they dont give a fuck

Because gun nut republicans says it is against the second amendment.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/4/gun-shop-nixes-plans-sell-smart-gun-after-death-th/

you dont have to be secret service to have a fingerprint, retard

You sir are a retard and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

You caught me

Let's de-krust this thread with some euphoria!

u been to prison?

fingerprint detectors are actually retardedly unreliable. most of the time it's completely arbitrary weather they work or not, regardless of whose finger they are reading. some of them you can open with a photo of a finger. i unlocked one with my dick once. BY ACCIDENT.

material strength is an issue too.

>>posts imaginary gun from halo

You need a fucking pulse for those too, retard.

It says Dredd in the fucking file name, you autist.

>halo

This: Ever try to unlock your iPhone or laptop using a fingerprint and have it not work?
Now imagine you're doing it while a gigantic muscle queen inmate is rushing you.
>muscle queen bites your finger off
>uses your blood to write a message:
>now i have a machine gun
>ho - ho - ho

>> HURR DURR DURR Halo is real

They aren't shit-tier scanners. They work right away.

I'll just stick to my OC chemical spray. Most people don't enjoy getting a face full of that shit.

Are you seriously that fucking retarded?

Bullets work fine.

>explain to me why they don't do this, besides the one singular reason they do

Yeah but with bullets runs the risk of me getting shot. The spray hurts but it wont kill or seriously injure me.

Scroll up, there's obviously more than just one being discussed.

nope sorry your finger was dirty or angled funky redo the scan

oops too late you have a sharpened toothbrush in your spleen

It's the cost. You can't take the answer to a question, invalidate it, and insist on another answer

Giant tard prisoners can still fuck you up while blinded, assuming they haven't used your own spray against you yet and are stomping your skull in.

Because prison guards don't carry pistols unless they're stationed outside of the perimeter? They only have launchers, OC, and batons inside with the prisoners.

That's a nice fantasy but I haven't seen a single working example that didn't fail at some point.
>check'd

If they were to carry pistols, fuckface.

In theory, dumbass.

My reply was more about how stupid these threads are, what's the point of having an argument about something if you immediately shut down one of the opposing arguments.

No! Not the obvious easy answer, you can't put me through the pain of THINKING??!!

>dubs again? wew, lad.
In theory, it would be easier to use implanted RFID. OP asked why, other than the cost, that these things don't exist. It's because they're unnecessarily complex (see: three-stage retention holster) and, using extant technology, they're painfully unreliable.

Yippee kiee mother fucker

Yep they could and having a gun won't change that aside from giving them a weapon to hurt/kill other officers or inmates.

But why would they need to carry pistols? It makes no sense. If you're working in the housing unit, which provides you with the smallest potential number of inmate attackers during normal prison operations, you are facing down dozens of offenders rushing you at the same time. The pistol carries what, 9 rounds? You're better off with OC spray to just saturate the space in front of you and use the launcher to pick inmates off with dowel rounds until backup arrives.

Not without a finger they can't, but they WOULD have a can of chemicals to use on anyone after that.

Please if any one or other can in help try identify raptor?

Reliability, they fail half the time to recongize also in that situation you have to then wait for it to unlock then take it off safety aim shoot... doesnt sound like much but when you have 2-4 seconds to react thats between life or death heard of the 21 foot rule?

Why cut off the finger when he can knock the guard out?
No they cant moron
more like 1 guard to every 35 inmates on average in US

Also finger ID guns would be useless if one was wearing gloves, which I do frequently because inmates are often dirty and I don't feel like contracting a disease.

Go to bed already, cunt

Prison breaks

Ethan Hawke

Pistol or gloves? A quirk, or your life?

The cans we get aren't that big, about 5-6 seconds of spray tops. So they wont be doing much with it once its spent.

the only user here who actually knows what the fuck they're talking about

>Why cut off the finger when he can knock the guard out?
Alright, lemme haul around a grown man during a prison break instead of trying to cut off his finger.

If there's a prison break and you're on the ground, you just get the hell out of the way. Let the tower guards and the electric fence handle it.

Where do i buy this

I would rather take the nonlethal route and the gloves then risk having an inmate take a pistol from me.

Immobilize the giganto-tard temporarily or immobilize the giganto-tard for good?

>then

You fucking moron, you know how well they(inmates) know their prisons? as long as they can get to one main corridor and access controls, or you can use that guard as a decoy to fuck up more guards, many ways to fuck it all up without "dragging" him... think like a criminal douche nozzle

You realize inmates can make a weapon as strong as a bat out of water and toilet paper or newspaper right?

because NRA

>duh

stupid faggot

techcrunch.com/2016/04/30/why-the-nra-hates-smart-guns/

Guns in prisons barely matter, it's a fuckin prison so if they all got shot it kind of defeats the purpose. The number one best way to defend yourself from one or two prisoners is the beat-stick, any more than that and you get the beanbag/flare gun. Even when prisoners steal guns from security it's more for fun than practical, their power is in numbers and taking hostages anyway.
Point is, more guns aren't necessary for all guards, nor is it necessary to take expensive or extreme precautions to keep prisoners from getting them. You should be asking, "how do we turn the prison system into less of a cashcow fed off the blood of minor offenders?", then we'd be able to concentrate on the actual dangerous criminals instead of throwing everybody into a big house where they get to teach noobs how to be pros.

The ratio of CO to inmate can be 1:80 to 2:300 depending on the wing or block and it's purpose. When you have that many rioting, 15 CO's running to a wing in 90 seconds or less is irrevelant