We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things...

>We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.
>if I were to say, my fellow citizens, that we shall send to the moon, 240,000 miles away from the control station in Houston, a giant rocket more than 300 feet tall, the length of this football field, made of new metal alloys, some of which have not yet been invented, capable of standing heat and stresses several times more than have ever been experienced, fitted together with a precision better than the finest watch, carrying all the equipment needed for propulsion, guidance, control, communications, food and survival, on an untried mission, to an unknown celestial body, and then return it safely to earth, re-entering the atmosphere at speeds of over 25,000 miles per hour, causing heat about half that of the temperature of the sun--almost as hot as it is here today--and do all this, and do it right, and do it first before this decade is out--then we must be bold.

What do people in your country think of this guy and his speech?

bump

We used to do great things and be on the up and up. Now we're just a stagnating, increasingly brown shithole.

>soviets have state atheism
>literally do everything relevant in terms of space (first in everything except muh moon and their launch vehicles are still used today over nasa shit)
>usa are le god fearing country
>steal all of your technology off everyone else
>the nuke from jews
>space tech from russians
>rockets from germans
godcucks BTFO

overrated and romanticized

I woudn't think nothing of it because if i did some military fucker would invade my house and kill me for saying anything bad about US "Freedom to us dictatorship for everyone else" of A

if JFK wasn't killed he would just be another trashbag US president who did more harm than good for US and countries around it

Samefag Putinbot proxy.

>literally do everything relevant in terms of space

Will there ever be a president as based as jfk?

Bit unsettled about his family's amount of power, however.

look up andrew jackson
hated bankers, shut down the central bank, dueled dozens of people, beat the shit out of a guy trying to assassinate him
on his deathbed his final wish was that he had killed his vice president lmao

Bretty badass

>I choose to fap to this. I choose to fap to this and other shit like it, not because it's easy, but because it's hahd, because cumming to this is the best thing I can do with my hahd-on.

Top dog.

Died early enough for that to happen. He was pretty alpha, though.

You guys just need that kind of drive once again.
Too bad captured war criminals are just semi-literate rat-faced camel fuckers instead of German wizards nowadays. All the domestic geniuses decide to do finance or computing instead of space technology, too.

It's all just from NASA funding being completely cut since there's no rival to beat for propaganda purposes anymore

I wish they would cut $20billion from the $600billion defense budget and give it to NASA. That's not a huge amount for the defense people but that would more than double NASA's budget. Maybe then we could actually do something again besides rovers once every few years.

What happens if you say that in public? Will they tell you to lay off the weed and acid, you space cadet?

I would pull out my concealed carry gun and tell them I will defend my rights to put what substances I want in my body and should they try to deny me my rights I will have to shoot them.

Russia lost a major chunk of their defense/aerospace industry with the collapse of the USSR. For example, the Baikonur Cosmodrome and everything in it became the property of Kazakhstan, which charges a hefty rental fee to Russia. They also lost the factory for the Zenit and R-36 boosters, both of which were located in Ukraine.

After Putin took over, he phased out military launches from Baikonur (these are all done from Plesetsk now) and they also stopped using Zenit and R-36.

As you can see here, they tried building their own space shuttle but after one flight...yeah.

Kennedy actually wasn't that interested in space exploration, he merely wanted to one-up the Soviet Union.

There are tons of American kids in University fellating Neil deGrasse Tyson's BBC who would absolutely agree with him. It's not an extraordinary opinion.