A customer support agent just requested that I provide proof of destruction of my defective headphone cables so that...

A customer support agent just requested that I provide proof of destruction of my defective headphone cables so that they can send me a replacement.

How should I go about this to get the replacement cables while not destroying the defective cables? I'm not good at image manipulation, nor do I have any powerful enough program to even make an attempt, so I doubt I could just shoop it.

What color are the cables?

They're black with gold-plated jack plugs. Around each of the two jack plugs on the headphone side are blue and red bands which distinguish it from the same type of cables I have from another brand.

what the fuck did you say to customer support? Cables don't need to have visible damage to be defective. Just take a picture of them and send. Honestly, if the cables are visibly damaged, that will probably negate your changes of getting replacements.

Is Your computer unable to Read the headphones? I work For as refund investigator For e commerce website so I can help you. Wich site?

>computer unable to read headphones
>work For as
>For e commerce
>Wich

This user obviously works in customer service.

I suppose if I or someone else could AT LEAST shoop the other brand's bands to be blue and red of the same color, I could cut up those cables instead. Those cables were also defective, but the one ear died in them after the warranty expired. The defective cables I'm currently trying to return, meanwhile, is only intermittently dead in the red jack plug and can remain reliably stereo under the right conditions.

Of course cables don't need visible physical damage to be defective. In fact, I'm almost certain that is the case with these defective cables; however, the company still requires that the cables be destroyed. If I'm not mistaken, it has to do with "proof of destruction" criteria related to tax write-offs for damaged inventory. Normally, customers return their product through the mail, which is either tested and refurbished or (almost always) simply destroyed at the facility and the customers receive a new replacement. A more cost-effective option for the business is for the customer to destroy the product and provide photographic proof of destruction so that the company can still legally satisfy the criteria to write off the product as damaged.

I already sent them pictures of the minor physical damage (which I think was unrelated to the defective red plug jack, anyway). They requested proof of destruction AFTER I did so.

Yeah for one of the sites, not Amazon sadly. Still, refund evaluation is my job. I'm writing from my phone so no need to be so bitchy.

I suppose that makes sense in Trump's America...

sorry Muhammad

Wrong again. Also I'm not even customer service, I'm back office in fraud prevention. Kinda funny job actually, People would fake everything to keep a 3 dollars piece of Plastic For free, fucking unbelievable.

Also, my initial email was as follows:

>Hello ,

>I recently purchased a pair of 1.3-meter replacement headphone cables (Order #), but when they arrived, I found that they are unfortunately defective. There is some small physical damage to the cables near the PC jack plug and one of the ears skips audio playback regardless of which ear it's plugged into; in fact, the ear will die completely unless it's pushed at the right angle while plugged into my headphones. I don't know if the two defects are causally related, but this is nonetheless a matter of concern to me. I have no idea how the damage occurred, but it has been that way since it arrived, so I can only assume it occurred at some point during production or packaging.

>I believe such defects are covered by the warranty and separately by the terms of service regarding defective returns within the first 30 days, so I hope that you all can assist me in this issue. Thank you for your time.

>Regards,
>
>Customer

Maybe this particular agent who took my ticket is a stickler about these sorts of issues. From my experience, many companies will just send a replacement upon request, maybe after images of the defective product, regardless of whether any visible damage is present.

"Read the headphones"? My computer is registering the headphones just fine. I'm practically certain that the issue is specifically with the defective cables and not my headphones or whether my computer is recognizing them.

Of what use would the customer service site be to you?

This is actually a practice which extends far back before Trump even considered politics. This is just how capitalism works: destroy unused, returned, or unsellable inventory for tax write-offs in order to maximize profits and minimize losses, regardless of the logic (or lack thereof), social consequences, sustainability, or environmental impact of the practice. Welcome to capitalism, circa 1600s to today.

>Of what use would the customer service site be to you?

Some sites are very precise about refund while other sites Will just give you money or free stuff just to ensure that you Will but again or you Will not rate'em with a negative feedback.

There are substancial differences in refund policies between Ali express, Amazon and Wish For example. Also sometimes it's not the producer to give you a refund but the site, if a chinese guy sent a bad product he has to pay.
But if the damage can't be proved, sometimes is the site that Will refund you, the chinese keeps the money and they just invest somehing betting you Will but again.

Take a picture of a audio malfunction.
>Eugenics now

Why do you want to keep them if they don't work and you're not personally capable of fixing them.

>Ali express
Why support that shit, they are very bad in return policies and they use very unreliable vendors.
inb4 you also support the take over of europe and isis by buying there.

I mean the easiest and most believable way is to just cut the wire. It's a copper wire. Cut it, take the picture, splice it.

It's dead simple to splice.

>There are differences between Ali express,Amazon and Wish
>Therefore I work Ali express

The art of trolling is dying.

English not your first language?

Unless the company has a shadow manufacturer in Singapore (from where the package was shipped), which I doubt, I purchased the product directly from the company brand and manufacturer. It was purchased through their site, not through Alibaba or Amazon or any other such third party. Neither in their on-site Terms & Conditions nor global warranty policy is any proof of destruction clause specified, only the implication that the defective product would be shipped back (and the shipping costs would be reimbursed) so long as customer service was contacted within 30 days of purchase.

Does that help you?

And how do you expect me to do that? Or are you being facetious?

I could fix maybe them if I purchased a soldering kit, but I'm not interested in doing that. Whereas I specified that one of the ears was unreliably providing audio playback in my email quoted above, in reality the audio playback is reliable so long as I don't jostle it and I make sure it's at a certain angle while in the jack. The product is still defective, so I want a replacement given that the cables alone costed me about $10 and I know for a fact that they are making at least 1000% profit off my purchase, but I'd also prefer to keep the defective cables undestroyed because I can still use them as backups when my shithead kitten inevitably damages my new cables or some other such mishap occurs.

>>Therefore I work Ali express
Sure amhed. have fun grooming pre teen children with you`re fancy car.

Again, I'm on the phone. No time to re-type, I'm deeply sorry that this offends you.

Really deeply sorry.

>And how do you expect me to do that? Or are you being facetious?
Yes, all but the eugenics part, i am pretty serious about that one.

No you're a fancy car

You`re face is a fancy car.

The customer service agent is specifying that I cut the cables at four points. Even after splicing the wires, which is an uncertain and precarious fix at best, the cables would be very weak and susceptible to further damage in those areas. Rather than compromising the structural integrity of these defective but otherwise partially functional cables by complying with the ridiculous and wasteful request from the agent, I'd rather just find a different solution if possible. I'll also be appealing the request (in vain, probably) in my next email to the agent in the faint hope that I could persuade them to just let me keep the defective wires or for me to send them back for the company to confirm my claim and resend them along with my replacement, but I fully expect noncompliance.

Pic related buddy ;^)

Go shit on a toilet.

safe space here:

Actually it helps, a company will make you struggle the most, they are tough as jerky when it comes to refund, that is why buying through an e commerce site is "better" because they will protect you just to ensure that you will buy again.

Tell em that you are willing to ship back if they have a return center or something like that or that they can pay a courier to come to you and get the broken headphones.

Also if they still insist on this destruction proof specify that you want to be sure that destroying the cable will not cancel your right to get a refund then save the answer that they will send you.

Thanks for the advice. In your experience, does the initial defective product return void the warrant on the replacement? Or does the replacement product have its own independent warranty and 30-day defective product return policy? Should I ask the service agent to clarify this for me, as well?

How about it's a $10 wire and it's already kinda fucked, so if your kitten breaks the new ones you buy another one for 10 bucks?

Yes of course, it changes from company to company.

Also asking another replacement could (emphasy on "could") red flag you and when you get red flagged what happens is that all your request will be redirected to another operator, someone like me, to judge if you are trying to rip off or, simply, just asking for replacements for the lulz.

Some people just want to replace their items every 30 days just to get a new one everymonth, some other people just try to rip companies off and some other are just plain unlucky, it happens, but someone working in the anti fraud section will make you sweat blood for a refund.

As bad as it may sound to you, $10 is enough money for me to care about because I am in literal poverty with a meager welfare income that doesn't even cover rent, much less anything else. That $10 would be the equivalent of at least a day, if not three or four days, of food for me. Unlike someone above the poverty line, I don't have the luxury to treat $10 as no big deal.

Anyway, as a matter of principle, I avoid wasting resources and assets when possible. Also, as a matter of principle, fuck corporations.

Been here a decade and counting, double nigger.

gb2 safe space

;^)

I hope that my new replacement isn't also defective, then, since I'd prefer to not have to try to convince an anti-fraud agent of the non-visible internal defects in my replacement cables. Thanks again.

Any ideas on perhaps persuading or, if that fails, tricking the customer support agent?

Advice? Stop being an entitled piece of shit. You paid for one set of cables, you get one set of cables. The time you're spending trying to con customer service could be better used trying to earn another $10

If you bought with paypal, tell them you will simply ask paypal.

I not, tell them you will never buy again from them, make it bitchy and make it real, nobody wants to lose a customer.

Always end your letter quoting return policies

"You say that I have 30 days to get my money back if I have problems, is this a lie??"

*sad customer tears*

Also, tell them "I can give it back to you, I don't want money I want my headphones".

So you will confirm that you are not a gold digger but just a guy pissed off by a defective product.

How am I being entitled? I paid for a set of fully functioning cables as advertising, not a defective product. I don't give a single shit if the product was in near-pristine condition but I simply wanted it replaced due to a whim, though, because that company made AT LEAST 1000% profit off my purchase.

Perhaps bootlicking cuckolds like you would prefer to be minimum wage slaves rather than ensure that you aren't swindled by corporate profiteers, but I'm more interested in not being scammed out of what little money I have just because some "entitled" board directors had their Singaporean facility send me an overpriced defective product due to a failure in basic quality control standards and an ideological commitment to capital accumulation.

Please do continue with your useless shitposts, though. It keeps my thread bumped.

I purchased via PayPal, but it was a guest purchase, so I doubt I would be able to elevate the ticket to PayPal. Can I?

I'm concerned that if I'm bitchy about it, they may become less willing to assist me and will just give me a hard time. If that occurs, I may be out $10 AND a non-defective pair of headphones.

They may just request that I destroy the product myself in that situation, given this one, which at that point I might as well.

*headphone cables

>I'm concerned that if I'm bitchy about it, they may become less willing to assist me and will just give me a hard time. If that occurs, I may be out $10 AND a non-defective pair of headphones.

No that's not a problem, I'm not saying that you should say "give my money assholes!" just tell them that you are willing to cooperate as long as you get a good product but make it clear that, in the end, you want your product.

A customer service agent is not allowed to tell you "ok then, you pissed me off, how about you get nothing huh?" that means getting kicked out and your ticket will be redirected to another operator that will reassure you and stuff.

The only one that can deny a refund is an anti fraud agent but, at least for my company, this means "ban" you from the site and ensure you will never be able from open another account or purchase.

About paypal I don't know, just ask them about it, paypal is a pain in the ass for the companies but, again, paypal is even more strict in refund so they will give you your money back but they will redflag you even faster.

Paypal anti fraud is THE shit man, no kidding about it. They don't have to keep customers, they are serious as it gets and they get their shit done.

Also I forgot to tell you that paypal has a 20 days policy since the day that you ask for refund to the company you have 20 days to turn to Paypal if all goes south.

If it comes to this you may be sure to give them proof that you did everything to get your refund the easy way but the company simply avoided your request without a good reason.

So you sent them all the pics and the email that you got from the company and they will evaluate, this means not getting redflagged.

Also customer service can't see if you have a guest account or something, all they see is that you are using paypal, it's the same for me, that'e because any other data is protected like hell.

The help is appreciated. I suppose I'll just talk to the customer support agent and try to persuade them to let me keep the cables or confirm that they're defective and send them back to me. If neither options are available, I guess I'll just destroy them myself, since I'm not paying for shipping just so they can destroy them for me and I've yet to hear of a viable alternative.

Good to know. I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to seek a refund.

Glad to help man, got to go now, have a nice day user.

Fuck off with your shitty Facebook memes

u2

4u

So you're trying to scam them? Or are they fucked for some other reason?

How am I scamming them at all? If anything, they're the swindlers. They sent me a defective product and want me to destroy the defective product before sending me a replacement, and I can only trust that they will. The fact that the cable costs $10 when it probably costed $0.03 to make is sufficient profiteering for me to not particularly care if I was scamming them anyway, though.