I've really only been into films a few years, but this is such a terrible year for movies. Seriously...

I've really only been into films a few years, but this is such a terrible year for movies. Seriously, where the fuck are all the good movies?

Pic related, one of the few actually decent films I've seen this year.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/437602/mermaid-slapstick-high-romance?target=author&tid=1152026
youtube.com/watch?v=BPyjIou1NKs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>where the fuck are all the good movies?
most of them are hiding before 2000 desu

Pretty much anything worth a damn recently has been direct-to-video. Shane Black is based though, so I'll give you credit OP.

Just saying that 2014 and 2015 were both great. 2015 is mad gay. Besides The Nice Guys, the only other mainstream film that was solid was 10 Cloverfield lane.

Both movies sucked, you're an idiot

>Just saying that 2014 and 2015 were both great.

Millennials everyone

Your problem is you fell for the blockbuster meme

I agree the bar has been set so low that I am genuinely enjoying sub par movies just because they're something to watch

not him, but we've had foxcatcher, the revenant, une nouvelle amie, mommy...

>tfw this is my favourite movie of the year so far
>literally no one on Sup Forums has seen it

I get that the core Sup Forums audience is both much younger and much more male than the movie's intended audience, but it was a genuinely funny film.

>not appreciating the newest Shane Black Joint

Even though I completely disagree that 10CL was anything less than good, I can at least respect that opinion. Hating on a Shane Black movie however? Go fuck yourself twat.

of course America makes a movie about two americans stopping the bastille bowler

BvS and Green Room were solid, Cloverfield lane was alright

>implying indie's are much better this year
Green Room, Neon Demon, and Midnight Special were all grossly overrated.

The only movies I went to the kino plex for this year are Vivitch, Green Room, Nice Guys, and Neon Demon and I really liked all of them.

everyone forget about this or did y'all not really like it in the first place

Those were all blockbusters painted to look like indie films.

>2014

>he's this new

If you were around Sup Forums during this movie's release you'd know how much we adored it. I would put a lot of money on it being far and away the winner for Sup Forums's favourite film of 2014.

Sunset Song

you fell for the indie meme too
watch kino

I also liked Almodovar's Julieta this year.

>Lobster
>Neon Demon
>Jason Bourne
>Magnificent 7
>Hunt for the Wilderpeople
>Swiss Army Man
>Green Room
>The VVitch

I'm sure there are plenty of others I'm forgetting. Sup Forums is actually awful for discussing movies if that's why you're here. It's exclusively for memes and shitposting.

I'm old enough to remember when people said "before 1990" instead lmao

>Magnificent 7
It's going to be so mediocre compared to the originals

Western remakes are on a pretty good streak. I'm confident.

only lobster and the witch are memorable from that list doe, the others are just good.

that still meets the requirements of the OP

Armond's last article included a mid-year recap of the best so far:

Batman vs. Superman rejects progressive-era hero worship as conflicted mythology.

Beautiful Something looks for passion behind identity politics.

Chevalier finds ego-campaigning even in interpersonal rivalries.

Eddie the Eagle gives speed and feeling to real-life determination.

Eisenstein in Guanajuato salutes the great radical cinema artist on his own terms.

The Finest Hours rediscovers modern heroism in the values of the forgotten past.

Knight of Cups makes a moral assessment of contemporary corrupt Hollywood.

Love & Friendship, a comedy of millennial manners with a Regency twist.

Miles Ahead salutes the great radical jazz artist on his own terms.

The President dares hold a mirror up to despotism.

Sunset Song searches the soul of patriotism.

Standing Tall movingly connects a white at-risk French youth to the West’s at-risk future.

Valley of Love probes forgiveness through unconditional parenting.

Wiener-Dog explores the complexity of human will through tragedy, humor, and metaphor.

nationalreview.com/article/437602/mermaid-slapstick-high-romance?target=author&tid=1152026

>Ethan Hawke

People keep casting him. WHY?

kys kiddo

>we
ew

That and Blue Ruin were my favorite films of 2014

2015 was Sicario

2016 is... idk Green Room? I need to see The Wailing, Midnight Special, Cloverfield, and VVitch.

Sing street
Me before you
Everybody wants some
Demolition

There have been a few decent films this year, mate.

It's only the big budget stuff that has been awful, but that is standard. Producers have always been know to ruin everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=BPyjIou1NKs

>Remake of a remake
Whatever floats your boat

When will he review Cell and tell us it's a metaphor about society's addiction to technology

We're not getting a lot of good ones this year. Between this and Hail Caesar, there hasn't been too much. Hardcore Henry was pretty good too I guess.

Watch Sing Street if you haven't yet.

Definitely the best film of the year so far.

I should add that theses are the only ones I've seen. Stuff like The Green Room or the Neon Demon haven't been released in my theaters.

no thanks nu-male

>le this year has been ESPECIALLY bad for movies meme
See you next year

Its not even awards season yet

CHILL

Neon demon FOTY so far

this

These threads only display your incompetence at knowing your taste and finding films of your liking.

>Its not even awards season yet
2/3 are done, only Venice is left

nothing is original user

For you

I'm willing to believe you. Nowadays there are so many movies being released all the time that smaller productions hardly get a chance to find an audience. The movie market is overcrowded, borderline saturated. Setting up release dates for studios is a major headache in our age.

Standards are dropping because of this overproduction. And young audiences end up exactly like When you only eat crap, you don't know how to tell it's crap. For them it's not crap, it's their everyday meal. They are victims of the modern industry drop in standards.

I for one can remember a time when if you had 3 blockbuster in a single calendar year, it was a phenomenal year. Hell I can remember years without any blockbusters, and cinema was doing fine, not just as an industry but as an art form as well. The competition didn't use to be this fierce, and overall movies used to be better, more carefully crafted, with more effort and soul.

If you compare the seventies, the eighties and the nineties to what we have now, you are going to have a real hard time convincing anyone educated that recent movies are overall superior in standards IMO.

The Jungle Book was great, actually. I haven't seen The Nice Guys yet, so I can't say if it's better, but The Jungle Book has been my favorite movie of the year.

>wrong generation

>Me before you
>Everybody wants some

Sup Forums likes greta though
we consistently shill frances ha

He has name recognition and he's willing to do really small productions

>gerta gerwig
>ethan hawke
>bill hader
>maya rudolph
>travis fimmel
>julianne moore

One of these things is not like the others.

>tfw this movie got released in my country's cinemas last week
>ok I will go the next weekend to watch it with my family since I have heard it's good
>they took it out
>meanwhile Daenery's romantic movie has been in theaters for almost a month

Why is this allowed? It's almost like the cinemas here are allergic to decent movies

>Why is this allowed? It's almost like the cinemas here are allergic to decent movies

There are too many movies being released. theater owners make choices to keep their business running. Zootopia will bring more audience than Nice guys, sad but true. Even Blockbusters don't stay long on screens now, more than a month is already stretching it.

Foxcatcher and Revenant came out during Oscar season, as a lot of good movies tend to do. We're barely halfway through the year.

Mommy came out in 2014.

Haven't seen that last one.

Green Room was funded through Kickstarter IIRC.

Still it was just so they could give 5 out of 10 rooms to Dory, there are older movies in there that nobody is watching and they took a relatively recent film. It just hurts so much, the same happened with the Grand Budapest Hotel, it only lasted one week and it wasn't even out of a high demand season.