How do I into Star Trek? where do I start?

how do I into Star Trek? where do I start?

the original? The Next Generation? Voyager? Enterprise? Deep Space Nine?

Start with the new movies

The old stuff is shitty and retconned

Next Generation
Deep Space Nine
TOS (Watch at least the first two movies as well)
Voyager (no obligation to finish this if you hate it)

You can give everything else a pass

start with this
then watch DS9 and TOS

BAIT FOR THE BAIT GOD
(YOU)'S FOR THE (YOU) THRONE

Considering watching TNG myself, how does the series fare only watching the highly reviewed episodes + major plot involvement ones?

Do I really miss anything by dodging the shit / average eps?

There are no shit episodes in TNG, only memes.

You don't miss anything but a lot of the "shit/average" eps are ones that you may end up liking. I would suggest watching it straight through.

this desu senpai.

Maybe try Enterprise if you find TOS to be too campy. Voyager is shit-tier and not worth your time.

You start at the beginning and work your way through chronologically. Which is what you do for ANYTHING.

Ignore any fucking disgusting plebs who suggest "viewing guides" or "what to watch lists."

TNG is the only one worth watching. Half of the episodes are shit and it looks terrible though. Check out the Q episodes.

>Ignore any fucking disgusting plebs who suggest "viewing guides" or "what to watch lists."

All "viewing guides" are just one single idiot's opinions, and they get reposted by autists who want to act like authorities without actually watching the show

Try TNG. It starts off poorly but continually increases in quality and has the best finale.

Watch DS9 next, it is the best Trek but the least Trekkish Trek. The first couple seasons are slow and the end is meh, but otherwise it is GOAT. Also consider watching Babylon 5 if you like DS9.

Watch TOS after this. Then watch the TOS movies (except 5). Then watch the TNG movies if you want (First Contact is the only one you really need to watch, but the others are okay, sort of).

If you still want more, it'll be downhill from there. Watch VOY next, it is shit but has a couple good actors and gets better after Seven shows up. Then watch TAS or ENT, both are awful and should not be considered canon.

>You start at the beginning and work your way through chronologically. Which is what you do for ANYTHING.

Dude, there's like 500 episodes and most of the first two seasons are terrible.

I got into Star Trek by eating a pot browning and watching the 1979 motion picture.

Shit was so cozy.

I watched TOS about 5 years ago and I still can't bring myself to watch TNG. It was so fucking comfy. At least give it a try.

>most of the first two seasons are terrible.

Some of us like to decide that on our own instead of skipping 1/2 of a series because some faggot told us it was okay

I love TOS but please watch TNG. Full disclosure: I love DS9 the most.

you can skip Shades of Gray

it's literally a clip show

That's right, the FINALE of Season 2 is a goddamn clip show.

However, the show more than makes up for it in the Season 3 finale

currently on S6ep23 of DS9
honestly it just might be my favorite it is just so damn comfy

There's episodes that just aren't as good as the cream of the crop, but honestly it's one of the most consistent series out there. Some people have some pretty strong opinions about episodes like Code of Honor, but even those are still entertaining.