Yo Sup Forums, my asian housemate does some seriously weird shit and I'm not sure how much of it is cultural

Yo Sup Forums, my asian housemate does some seriously weird shit and I'm not sure how much of it is cultural.

He's constantly boiling pans of water, he hardly ever washes them and when he does it's with cold water and chopsticks.

He puts the water in jars/old yoghurt containers/old ice cream tubs. He'll sometimes put it on the side in the kitchen and pace up and down, stopping to take very loud sips with gasps afterwards.

He loudly clears his throat (this one I'm fairly sure is cultural, still bothers me as I have a big thing about noise, especially bodily noise).

He makes pizza, but keeps the flattened, empty cardboard containers in the fridge. He got annoyed at me for chucking out an aluminium container that you cook ready made chicken in (clearly just packaging that you're meant to throw away).

He also locks his door every. single. time. he goes in his room, which is very frequently as he is in and out of it at least 30-40 times between the hours of midnight and 4am.

He claps when he walks around and stands in the kitchen, he's actually doing it now. It's really fucking annoying.

Can anyone help me figure out how much of this is normal/cultural and how much is fucking batshit crazy?

Forgot to mention, I once made the mistake of smelling the water in one of the old ice cream tubs and it smelt like pure ass. What the fuck is he doing?

Sounds like he has OCD

I've wondered about that, I think his job involves computers but he's extremely vague about it. Very difficult to talk to.

Thing is, it's extremely fucking annoying and I've got a short fuse with noise/mess/weird shit left out, mainly because it's a shared house where we're all paying for our own rooms and it's arrogant. Anything I can do?

I'd probably just try to move

Something else we've considered but it's a shame because he's the only thing ruining it. Great location, other housemates are fine (except one but she's just about tolerable).

He sits in his room staring out of the window, every single time I come back to the house he's staring out at me. I'm sick of paying for a room and having to deal with his shit, I don't wanna be forced out.

I do wonder if I'm the one being a cunt sometimes, but it's reasonable to expect people to clean their shit up in a shared kitchen, right? He's constantly leaving dirty pans out and plates/empty takeaway containers, as well as all the weird shit I mentioned.

Throatfuck him while you meticulously empty every single one of his weird chink water containers into the sink.

Haha, they are weird though. He unsettles me, his behaviour is so strange that I often wonder whether he's gonna end up killing us all. Wouldn't be a surprise at this point.

save him the trouble and just kill yourself you autist

3edgy5me

that's a heavy case of fuckin autism LMAO

real talk tho, i just got out of a place with a couple of guys pretty much half as bad, talk to your landlord about it, tell him your roommates are driving you fucking crazy and if you're not able to get out of the lease and move, that you're about to do something very illegal and very violent

We've spoken to the landlord several times, he seems to be aware of it but not that fussed about doing anything to solve it. A while ago he said he'd have a chat with him which I don't think happened.

He also hinted on the phone recently that he won't be there much longer but I'm struggling to believe him. Bear in mind this guy has lived here for like 7 years, I'm starting to think the reason the last couple moved out was this guy. I refuse to be forced out of an otherwise perfectly liveable situation because of this cunt!

Hi! I'm from Japanese.
If he is Japanese,he is wrong in Japan too.
I would hate his doing.

Where is he from ??

He's Chinese, I had a feeling most of what he's doing was just him and not cultural. I don't know how to approach it without seeming like a dick though

I think he will never change!!

Does he come from a poor place in China ? Did he have clean water ? Just ask him why he boils the water and tell him there are no germs to kill, that won't be agressive

No idea, it's extremely difficult to talk to him. I tried tonnes of times just after we moved in and he would give very short answers to everything, never elaborated on anything.

I don't even feel like I can talk to him at all, I know at least a couple of the other housemates feel the same. He's very difficult.

Some people are just weird/dumb/sheltered/mamas boys.

I'm my experience with roommates through college. So people never learn basic skills while growing up cooking, cleaning, etc. so people do weird shit that makes no sense. I had a roommate once were we each took on and paid for half the bills. The plan was each month we would settle the difference in cash between us Because the half in his name was always slightly more. He would get mad when i wouldn't pay him only because he never told me when he paid the bills or how much things were. I'd ask and he wouldnt know when or how much and never get back to me about it. It's like what am I supposed to do guess how much electricity is each month and give him random amounts of money?

Chinese kids are not brought up to not think for themselves and to blindly obey their parents...at least traditionally. So that could be why, it's got to be hard for him too. But some people are also just pieces of shit, esp if you think everyone is after you