Hi guys, I was just wondering what the chances are of my dogger being possessed by an evil spirit

Hi guys, I was just wondering what the chances are of my dogger being possessed by an evil spirit.

Go ask /x/ you fucking autist

66.6%

Absolute zero

only Siths deal in absolutes

ITT people argue about fiction

You don't believe in Spirits user? How about the Holy Spirit?

So you are just a biological machine that operates on his instincts?

Yep. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

I find that hard to believe

Neat.

I don't think so. Normal humans are inclined to search for some higher meaning to this whole mess.

You're fucking retarded
Jokes on you OP, doggers are evil spirits.

I'm not arrogant enough to think that I'm entitled to higher meaning. I'm fine with not knowing things. I'm even more fine with not believing things that I have no reason to believe.

Would you adopt me?

Neat. I'm guessing you're a god-fearing man.

Nope

Oh okay. You're just an asshole then.

Yes, but I'm also right

If humans were just biological machines operating on instincts, we wouldn't realize that we're only biological machines operating on instincts, because no physical stimulus could warrant that type of response

Is the same thing with meaning. The bone of what the other user was trying to say was that if humans are indeed only "atoms in motion," we wouldn't be able to searching for meaning, because a. There would be no reason to and b. Because the very concept wouldn't come to us in the first place.

Why would you think that? What is any of that based on?

Well that's a shame. I was looking forward to being degraded for not believing nonsense.

Do you really think that people believe in god because of arrogance?

Arrogance, fear, hate, laziness. I'm sure there are many reasons.

What are the reasons for not believing in god then?

The fact that I'm conscience and can search for and understand meaning, you peach.

I already said I have no reason to. Do you believe in the tooth fairy? If no, why not?
How do you figure that?

Threads getting off topic.
If your dogger barks when you leave, pretty good chance. He's really saying "please god don't leave alone with the barking in my head, and my moving bowls again"

Tell us user about how it feels to be just a speck of the dust for a brief moment in time in this vast universe?

Wait, so you actually think that because you think you can perceive a higher meaning, that must mean it exists. Wow. I can't imagine being that obsessed with my own intuition.

Feels good man. How about you?

If you believe in Jesus Christ as the saviour of humanity then 100% can and will happen.
If on the other hand your an atheist your sweet.

Hey can anyone please to help to try to work to identify the raptor.

What's specifically good about it?

It's a faggot falcon, and only appears in threads when a faggot posts it

Kek nice trips
Nothing in particular. I was just providing a flippant response to a flippant question.

My sweet what?

Sweet as in all good because your dogs won't be possessed

zero percent chance you fucking moron

Yes. If it didn't exist, how could I?
And it's not my own intuition, it's an objective truth. Other people can search for meaning too.
The fuck do you mean, how do I figure that?

No it's really not an objective truth. It's completely made up.

>different user here, deist but not religious
Wait, so you actually think that because you think you can perceive an image board, that must mean it exists.

Wow. I can absolutely imagine being that obsessed with my own intuition, because literally everyone is, except maybe René Descartes.

Point being, there are different kinds of perception, and no one sensory interpretation of reality is in any way privileged. If you're willing to act on the assumption that Sup Forums exists, and you're willing to do so because you see it; and someone else is willing to act on the assumption that higher meaning exists, and he's willing to do so because he feels it; then for you to tell him he's being ridiculous is hypocritical.

I respectfully disagree. I have reason to believe Sup Forums exists. I have no reason to believe a higher power exists. The difference between the two is quite obvious.

Humans couldn't make up meaning, you fucking retard, because it would imply that there was no meaning in the first place
And if there was no meaning in the first place, there'd be no reason to create or search for meaning. And if it were the case that each person derived meaning from his or her own life, then I wouldn't be having this discussion with you about objective meaning because I wouldn't have an idea of objective meaning and because there'd be no logical reason to. I'd be perfectly content to just do what I thought was meaningful.

So I can imagine a tooth fairy. Does that mean it exists?

Fuck off, strawman.

This conversation is over. I've been respectful. Just for future reference, name calling means you're losing.

Valid point. Why don't you believe in the tooth fairy and how can you not feel stupid for not doing so?

Why does meaning matter? Why do you think you're that important?

That's retarded. It's perfectly reasonable to assume our knowledge of the human body is vastly below the actual complexity of the human body resulting in as of yet unexplainable behavior

>"I have nothing to say to refute his argument, so I'll just take the high ground and end the conversation"
Right... Because it's not like we're on Sup Forums or anything and I'd be acting differently if it were a face-to-face encounter.

High ground is underrated. Maybe make a real argument instead of bashing someone else's.

>why does meaning matter
Oh boy
>why do you think you're important
I dont really, not in the sense that you're describing
When I say "meaning", I mean purpose, not so much importance

Keep reading
I did, you just didn't read it

Still haven't seen a reason to believe in a higher meaning/purpose/whatever. You're a brilliant ape abd when you are not alive you are nothing an I believe that because there is no valid reason to believe otherwise. You are your brain, get over it.

>I have no reason to believe a higher power exists.
But the other person claims THEY have reason to believe a higher power exists. You have reason to believe they have reason to believe a higher power exists, because this is what they tell you. The fact that you yourself do not have that same reason is proof of nothing, because people perceive different things, and they do so in different ways, and, as I said, no particular innate means of perception can empirically be claimed to be privileged over any other--this in turn because the nature of empirical claims is that they're founded in forms of perception, and so to declare "empirically" that any given means of perception is privileged would be circular logic at best--and at worst, self-contradictory, if the means of perception used to prove does not align with the means of perception whose relative merits are to be proven.