Debate, Which one and why. Only one can prevail

Debate, Which one and why. Only one can prevail.

Well they are two very different movies and I believe it would not be far really to compare the two without a little more criteria.

FPBP.
/thread

On what grounds can there only be one?
Dumb skinhead

I'm guessing the criteria is which one of this movies is good. They are both shit, though.

Yeah, no. Both these movies are great if you have the taste for them.

Guy sounds like a real film scholar here. Please, teach us your ways.

Donnie it's cool, but Erasehead is art.

I agree with this user. But I would not sit down with the wife/children/family to watch earaserhead.

Eraserhead wins

Donnie Darko was cool, bit weird, but Eraserhead is something else.

over hyped "deep" teen flick

art film, not necessarily Lynch's best

Donnie Darko has some interesting content but aspires to be a pop movie at heart. Directing and cinematography isn't anything special, a lot of the concepts are thrown in without much of a thorough understanding of the concepts, and honestly there isn't much substance other than "being young sucks". But thatbeing said, it's a fun movie worth returning to every couple of years, the youthful angstis relatable to any angry white kid, and the little sparks throughout this movie leave it lingering in your head.

Eraserhead is not a fun movie to watch. It almost physically hurts. But as a person without a child, i feel like lynch did an incredible job of relating the fear and resentment a person can have of their own family, their own children. It has a point it's trying to convey and it delivers it to the audience without being too obvious. It doesn't rely on words and the actors telling you what the point is (as it could be argued donnie darko does) but instead trusts in the film making to deliver it's point. And though it's obviously weird and hard to watch and probably something you'll watch once and then not again for ten years, it's a smart and well made movie.

Tldr; eraserhead is smarter and better, but darko is more fun and watchable.

Lynch it's a private experience

ding ding ding. Way to nail it user.
/thread

This

Donnie Darko is entertaining. Eraserhead made history though. It's definitely a more important film.

never saw eraserhead. watched donnie darko 100 times. didnt really put it together until i was in my late twenties that he's shooting heroin. overdoses. dies.

haha, never heard that one before. How did you come to this conclusion?

he breaks the water main pipe in the highschool with the axe. the water pipes his veins the axe is a needle. follow the storyline. ect ect, hes following his own tunnel(veins full of heroin) ect ect. its basically the story. he gets hit by left jet propeller thats his left arm overdosed. his veins crash he laughs. ect. ect. thats basically what i got out of it.

Entertainment or experiment... wich one is better ?

Personnally, I like movie that punch me in the face, that make me think, change me.

I prefer to live an experience than just chilling, so... Eraserhead obviously.

i dont what side of the plane the propeller was but basically. the point where the needle goes in. im guessing the left arm. ect. thats where people use heroin most. thats it. its a cult film about heroin. lol. watch that and requim for a dream.

whats eraserhead about.

People see what they want to see, etc, etc. How do you explain the time travel? Etc, etc. Whose the crazy old lady? Etc, etc. What does frank represent, etc etc?

I'm honestly not sure, I've never used needles.

Literally every fucking junkie sees drug use metaphor in every movie. I get it, it's what you saw in it.
The movie is about parallel universes, time travel and end of the World, basically.

lets see the old ladies the cook, you have to cook heroin to be able to inject it. time travel is just what happens when you high. frank is basically jesus demolished by drugs. hes a complete mess by the end of it where they match and he dies. its like fight club in a sense where he turns out to be himself. this is all just my prospective.

yeah, no. To me what i got out of Donnie Darko was a young man who final found something he loved and he loved it so much he dies for it.

drugs.

Can anyone to help for try identify this Raptor?

Eraserhead

thats a hawk my dude.

donnie darko sucks ass. end of story

go back to /mpl/

I have no idea what the random time dumping is in donnie darko.

but im pretty sure he does back in time and wants to go exactly this far back as whats on his arm and he doesnt get that stuff so he goes back in time and gets shit thats too strong and od's. thats the plot.

I have no idea what "random time dumping" is suppose to imply

Donnie Darko is a classic. It's easy to get into young Jake Gyllenhaal is fucking dope, you turkey

But eraserhead is something you watch alone in the dark naked eating puffy cheetos, ya dingus

he goes back in time to the exact point where he would die thus causing a change in the time line that saves the girl he fell in love with.

Your whole junky thing is just, i dunno, fundamentally wrong and poor analysis of the movie.

the numbers on his arm. have to do with the heroin specifically the potency of the harvest. how old the batch is. basically everything important in unregulated drugs that can cause overdoses.

Oh troll, lost cause is lost.

FOR YOUR HEALTH

Donnie Darko comes off as pretentious fluff. Seemingly thinking it's more important and smarter than it actually is. It's like high school students who philosophize that we're all just in a snow globe. We get it, you want to be smart and mature.

Eraserhead, well...this is just a descent into madness. The dancing radioactive chicken, the woman in the radiator with boils all over her face, the radically deformed baby who ends up getting sick...it's all a nightmare that is delivered in black and white. It's hard to follow, hard to make sense of it, if any sense can be found in anyway.

Eraserhead wins by far, it makes me wonder and think, genuinely creeps me out. It doesn't make me want to put a fedora on my head and strap a katana to my back.

They're both shit. Horrible pacing, plots that go nowhere, boring scenes of nothing going on, those are two of the most overrated movies of all.

true, make sure to get your oil changed on time. its a big deal. to maintain the life of your vehicle. lol.

sounds like ones about downers and the others about uppers. lol.

still trolling. the whole 3 moth 3000 mile oil change idea is a scam. you can go much longer and suffer no ill effects.

Please, excuse my ramblings, I have just been informed the movie is actually about breastmilk.

eraserhead is a more important movie

eraserhead is basically freaking out by the idea of faterhood.

Donnie Darko blows. You have read all director's retarded lore online for it to make any sense.