m.youtube.com/watch?v=kCuN6H3V6_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good

dadkino

FUCK IT

1/3 of it is a 5/10

The first 1/3rd I assume

Not enough 'nam operatan

if all the vietnam scenes were strung together I'd give it a 5/10. the rest is shit.

>FUCK IT

>GIVE EM ALL FLAT TIRES

Love the whole movie, first third does drag on rewatches but otherwise 9/10. I watch it every thanksgiving.

Tattletale Eyes and everything about Michael readjusting to home life is so fucking sad to me.

Sadness and god bless America

>them trying to climb into the helicopter

useless cunts

>exhaustion and one guy has a bullet in his leg and can't walk

Also why the fuck would the helicopter just leave them

Enemy territory

>HURR TOO LONG AND BORING
>NOT ENOUGH BATTLE SCENES
80s action movie kiddies will never understand pure kino like The Deer Hunter.

it's good but overrated. the scenes before vietnam are comfy af, but everything after that is lame, and the whole christopher walken going cuckoo was stupid.

I love this movie and am glad it doesn't have "epic" battle scenes and what not. It's more about the impact of war on a people more than anything.

>Tattletale Eyes

Everything to do with Michael being home is watchable.

PTSD, I mean fuck even if he got home he would be worse than Stevie.

It is a masterpiece. And so is "Heaven's gate".

If you rewatch that scene you see the guy on m60 shooting.

That was just target practice

Different movie but sure why not.

M I C K E Y M O U S E

Im guessing the trend the year it was made was "wtf i hate nam now". Even on it's own, it's a poorly written, worse directed, and even worse edited piece of hollywood schlock. Just the number of A-listers gives it away.

De Niro gave one of his worst performances. I like to think he does it out of spite, for being in this movie.

>De Niro gave one of his worst performances.

Go fuck yourself.

Only two good scenes imo. The obvious roulette scene and the hunting scene after they get back.

The rest is pretty forgettable.

No one's paying you to defend him. The guy just reads his lines without any inflexion watsoever. I get that the character was written as a silent type, but De Niro just stands there and recites.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kCuN6H3V6_Q

I love De Niro in mostly every movie he's in. It's the little things in Deer Hunter you notice after the first hour and he returns home you see he's changed.

>This is this!

When he gets home he doesn't put up with Stanley's bullshit like before.

Different strokes, different folks.

>one shot? one shot
what did he mean by this?

it's great although the first half definitely could have been trimmed down a bit

Not saying he's a bad actor. Only he doesn't act that well when working with shitty directors. Last time i watched Jackie Brown, De Niro looked depressed. Not being on a character that is depressed, but himself

I enjoyed him in Jackie Brown too, he just plays specific characters. He can act the fuck out of whatever role he's in. Atleast he didn't appear in Jack and Jill, now that was a low for Pachino.