How did Captain America end up with the most consistingly solid trilogy in the entire MCU...

How did Captain America end up with the most consistingly solid trilogy in the entire MCU? Iron Man and Thor both had a leg up in the competition.

I think Iron Man is on the same level. First two films are good, third one is a letdown

Based Russos.

Kind of fucked it up in Civil War, but they had to work off Whedon's groundwork in AoU. WS was best because smaller cast, just enough capeshit theatrics to make it a superhero movie, character development so the audience gives a shit beyond memes and quips.

what does consistingly mean?

because he's the only semi-interesting hero

It means he's in freshman year remedial high school English.

What the fuck were they thinking with the suit in the middle?

They wanted less soldier, more hero.

They realize their mistake.

Because you can do almost anything with Cap and it will work.
Pulp inspired WWII adventure
Tom Clancy styled political thriller
modern Action film with allegorical overtones.
And that the writers actually "get" Cap he's not a snarky wit cracker, or cold sarcastic spy. He's a regular Joe with strong morals who had the powers of a God granted to him. and that makes for a good character arc. Sadly what makes him amazing in his own films is what is played for laughs in the Crossover films.

How did Thor have a leg up on the competition with 2 pretty mediocre movies?

Whedon hates him.

First Avenger was pure kino, then they had to go and make him a normie.

In "The Avengers", maybe. But in "Age of Ultron" he was rarely the butt of the joke, aside from the language gag. Which even Evans hated.

Thor 1 was more profitable and generally well-received than TFA, way back in 2011.

Maybe because he's one of the most delicate marvel superhero to adapt on screen? Remember before Marvel Studio was a thing, with this kind of name and weapon it was the one IP that was always deemed super risky to adapt, even more so in a post 9/11 world. They've been super careful with it.

CA:TFA is nearly entirely respectful of the lore. They didn't try to reinvent the wheel, they trusted in their IP strengths going for a period piece and establishing cap's strong old school morale. They did a good casting too and got a solid director to tackle him first.

true, however the more time passes, the more people are realizing what OP is saying.

In AoU, he was reduced to the irritable but responsible team leader. His entire dialogue just screamed 'can we wrap this shitty day up and go home'.

Still a trade-up from "The Avengers", where he was literally the Cyclops because Joss Whedon can't write stoic characters.

when did the "Captain America 1 was good" meme start? it was absolute dreck

Iron Man 2 is awful.

> it was absolute dreck

Thor 1 & 2 are both much worse

I think one thing that helps is that each Cap movie is radically different from each other. It doesn't get repetitive or stuck in a formula. We go from pulp to thriller to the first film to fugitive chase film.

The first one was shit, what are you on OP?

>Consistent trilogy
>Civil War is shit

kek

Thor 1 was fucking great. it was a modern Shakespeare play with superheroes. Thor two could have been epic too if the Studioes didn't only take the "Women want ROMANCE" angle with it the Rough Draft was fucking brutal and gave Thor and Loki the development they deserved I can't remember everything that was changed but I know the Dark Elves origin was cut to shreds
> The Dark Elves Rebelled against Bor's war mongering Asgardians and after Bor Genocided the fuck out of the Dark Elves only then did they start looking for for the Aether.
>It was changed to DARK ELVES BAD ASGARD GOOD. to make it easier for Kiddies.

Iron-Man 2 suffered from being one of the last films produced during the Writer's Strike so a lot of the film was butchered by that add in the Disney buyout and you have the perfect shit storm. for a movie that should have been the Atlas Shrugged with Superheroes

Iron Man 3 is not and will never be a bad film it's just that Comic Book nerds can't get over that Mandarin wasn't a Chinese Stereotype I know theres more to him I've read his stuff and he represents Tony's Struggle with Mysticism vs Science but come on. and was at the time the most out of the box Marvel went with their pictures.

>Thor 1 was fucking great. it was a modern Shakespeare play with superheroes.

What is Shakespearian about it?

That's not entirely accurate. The Dark Elves still striked first and tried to plunge the Universe into darkness, but Bor did needlessly slaughter Malekith's family and other Dark Elves after they had already surrendered, which fueled Malekith's hatred of the Asgardians. It was supposed to show that war and the burden of rulership change a man, which is why Thor decides to turn away from all that when Odin offers him the throne in the end.

Has Shane Black ever made a bad film?

Iron Man 2 was probably my favorite, close tie with 1. 3 was my least favorite by a wide margin.

The humor and the story. Hero falls from grace and redeems himself while others manipulate events from outside. It's classic Shakespeare.

Like I said I couldn't remember all the changes to original draft but still better than what we got. Though I still think TDW has some of the most stunning visuals and designs of the MCU.

no He never has and hopefully never will.