How disappointed were you by this monster?

How disappointed were you by this monster?

I just wish it wasn't CG

If our guy was in charge the monster would've been practical

wtf am i looking at?

Poor thing did nothing wrong

gorgonzola

A demogorgon

>image.jpg

It was pretty disappointing. It went from vague descriptions of a "figure without a face", to Flappy-Face The Monster that we've seen a million times.

Where is it from? Reminds me of zombies from dreamcast game "Carrier".

>The Monster that we've seen a million times.

name me 10 movies or tv shows that have a monster exactly like this

I wasn't, I liked it. It's simple but effective.

i actually liked it when they barely showed it
on episode 6 i think is when they go full retard with it and their syfy tier cgi

Orcus is better

Bullshit it only has one head.

Source?

Diebuster
Star wars epi 7
Edge of tomorrow
Parasite

It reminds me of something from Doom or those Resident Evil movies the monster design was pretty generic.

It's the monster from Stranger Things.
The kids in the show play D&D so they call it a demogorgon.

>Edge of tomorrow
huh?

>a flower that eats people
I can't tell if this was supposed to be a 1980s throwback or if the authors are just afraid of vaginas, too.

It could have used a less humanoid body. Multiple limbs or something.

The humanoid appearance did make it spoopy in the beginning where you only saw glimpses of it's silhouette though. Reminded me of the alien standing on the roof in Signs.

I'm interested to see if they go further into the biology of the creatures in the upside down in future episodes.

Yeah this is how I felt, seeing just it's shadow was more effective.

Not him but I'll add the host
The recent the thing remake
There's probablly more

I'll add tremors

The funny part is that the director was trying to say it was practical because they used a practical dummy for like a split-second shot.

The design is retarded and the execution so bad that they have to use that strobe lighting effect every time it's shown to drown out how bad it looks.

I mean, really, a lizard looking creature whose face opens up to reveal a huge mouth full of teeth? Fuck, really? That shit has been done so many times. How hard is it to watch all the creature films of the past 30 years and not just blatantly copy something? Zero effort.

i was more disappointed by the fact that there was only one monster.

This show could have been great. But instead it was a blantant rip off (not a tasteful homage) of E.T., Poltergeist and Firestarter.

Why is vaginal imagery so effective in freaking people out? Does it work better on men?

Do you have a better idea? All the cool monsters have already been created so deal with it.

>All the cool monsters have already been created
le shitty copout