I'm working on a podcast about cult classics from the 80's and 90's called Video Rewind Podcast...

I'm working on a podcast about cult classics from the 80's and 90's called Video Rewind Podcast. I'm trying to put together a list for future episodes so...

What is your absolute favorite underrated film?

itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ep.-4-return-of-the-living-dead/id1131975398?i=1000372661423&mt=2

videorewindpodcast.podbean.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EAWgRb2NYUY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_of_Power
youtube.com/watch?v=iAye_iiy_hM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Last Starfighter
Robot Jox
Trancers
Repo Man
Starhunter Adventures in the Forbiden Zone

Very nice list! Repo Man and Last Starfighter are definitely going to get covered soon.

The Story of Ricky
Miracle Mile
Avenging Force
Day of the Dead
Lifeforce
Sleepaway Camp
Weekend at Bernie's
God of Cookery
Chopping Mall
3 Ninjas
UHF
The Blob remake
Police Story 2
Death Wish 3
Hard Boiled
A Better Tomorrow 2
Open House (1987)
The Final Sanction
Cyborg Cop
Class of 1999

Lots more, but that's a start.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

Robin Hood: Men in Tights

Yes

No

Great film. Has some of the most terrifying zombie ever. Cannot be killed with a headshot, are intelligent, and they run.

Seconding most of these but especially Sleepaway Camp, the Blob, and Hard Boiled

>Castle Freak
>Society
>The Howling V and VI
>Hell Comes to Frogtown
>The Lair of the White Worm
>The Hidden
>Out for Justice/all early Seagal minus Hard to Kill and Under Siege
>Cobra Verde (best Herzog/Kinski, BTFOs Aguirre)
>Raw Deal (if examined from a standpoint of it is a metaphor for Dino fucking with Arnie and Arnie doing a bullshit film to get out of his contract and make Total Recall, also slick poster and crazy murder spree ending after no buildup or conflict at all)
>Vampire Hunter D
>To Live and Die in LA
>Trancers

Plenty more that are great. I think you might have a genuinely good podcast here, if you explore the right kind of stuff

Be Kind Reply is a better name for your podcast

Killer Klowns From Outer Space is the ultimate 80s B-movie IMO

There's this weird 80s British alien movie called Xtro that I think is really underrated

Hackers is always deserving of reappraisal. It's one of the most wild and creative imaginings of alternative/youth culture ever.

Hardware... Dust Devil...

Troma movies

Tales from the Darkside movie is underrated, I think. The gargoyle segment is a GOAT horror anthology bit.

Genuinely one of my favorite films of all time, I think it is a perfect movie and more of an attack on "exploitation" films than some cheap schlock many would have you believe. It's a self-damning criticism of artists, especially violent filmmakers, as well as humans in general who are never content with things as they are but rather how they would like to imagine them to be. It's a ruthless, disgusting portrait of our inability to accept other cultures. I will always love it and always defend it.

Sorority Girls in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama
Ghost Chase
Bug Buster
Hemoglobin
Milo

Absolutely going on the list. We have a few video nasty or grimy exploitation films we want to cover.

idk If I would call it my "favorite" nor is it a "cult classic" but I do genuinely think it's stupidly underrated.

The Last Broadcast
Monkey Shines
Body Parts
Night of the Comet
The Hidden
The Boogeyman
Don't Go in the house
Skinner
Maniac
Freaked!
Street Trash
(Alien) Contamination
Terror Firmer

NEON MANIACS

14 million dollar budget, 8 million dollar gross. It was supposed to be the first in a trilogy that was never made.
Talk about a cult classic, it was HUGE in Japan. It inspired a lot of video games and anime, and it was pretty popular on home video, like most of Michael Paré's movies. Plus it has a bitchin soundtrack by the guy who wrote Bat Out Of Hell.
There's just so much ground to cover with this movie. Plus it's actually pretty good.

We're recording Sleepaway Camp tomorrow actually. And a bunch of yours are on our list already but I'll add the rest because they are exactly what we are looking to cover.

Have you ever seen POW The Escape? I definitely recommend it.

We talk about this in the episode. It's fucking terrifying that you cannot kill them or defeat them. Even when you chop them up the pieces will still crawl after you.

We just recorded Killer Klowns. It's such a fun and strange movie. It should be released next Monday.

And I love Xtro. I've been trying to get the guys to sit down and watch it because the effects alone are worth the price of admission.

Both are definitely at the top of our list! I just got the 3 pack of Sorority House Massacre movies and they are so much fun.

Terrorvision

Prince of Darkness or In the Mouth of Madness

Great choice! I can't explain how much I love this movie. I just have to get my co-hosts to sit down to watch it.

Night Life

youtube.com/watch?v=EAWgRb2NYUY

Return Of The Living Dead Part 2

The Video Dead

Night Of The Creeps still doesn't get enough love.

Gleaming The Cube.

The Gate, surprisingly, get's looked over a lot.

Also the House series (well, just parts 1 and 2 I guess.

Here's a bonus. Pic related. Basically no one I know of has heard about it, I never see it covered, and it's a really great little thriller from the 80's.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_of_Power

This is a clip from the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=iAye_iiy_hM

Don't know where you would get the full film. Probably on youtube or somewhere. I originally saw it when I rented it on VHS back in the day, and I found again on CG.

You sound like a giant fag and I'm not listening to your thing.

>Lucio Fulci's 'Gates of Hell' trilogy
>Knightriders
>Jubilee
>964 Pinocchio
>Altered States
>Body Double
>American Gigolo
>Hardware
>Dust Devil: Director's Cut
>Ebola Syndrome
>Flesh & Blood
>The Red Spectacles
>Tokyo Decadence
>Wings of Honneamise
>Return of the Living Dead III

Now go be a fag somewhere else.

I remember as a kid renting this multiple weeks in a row because the VHS cover had a raised plastic cover with an eye on a spring that came out.

You don't like Humanoids, then you don't like fun.

>Body Bags
Great little TV horror anthology turned into a TV movie when Showtime pulled the plug in the middle of shooting. Carpenter hosts it and directed two of the three stories.
>9½ weeks.
Basically 80s Fifty Shades of Grey, but, you know, good. Young Kim Basinger and Mickey Rourke when he was still a pretty boy and hadn't ruined his face boxing.
>Warlock
Julian Sands is an evil warlock from the 17th century who gets transported to the present time by Satan, and is tasked to bring forth to bring the end of the world by assembling a plot device that would reveal God's true name.
>Hider in the House
Gary Busey is a psycho who spent his entire childhood locked up after burning up his house and killing his parents gets released from psychiatric hospital, builds a secret room on the attic of a house and then starts stalking the family that moves in.
>Maniac
Psychotic killer goes around New York scalping women and putting them on mannequins he keeps in his appartment. Really good slasher movie where the killer is the protagonist and they depict his insanity to great effect. Elijah Wood recently did an excellent remake where the movie is 90% shot from the killer's POV.
>The Last Horror Film
Joe Spinell plays a nutty film fan who wants to be a director and starts stalking a famous horror actress on the Cannes film festival, trying to get her to star in his movie. And then people start dying left and right.
>Maniac Cop 1 & 2
First one's about Bruce Campbell being framed for murder by a psychotic killer dressed in a policeman's uniform who goes around killing people. The sequel follows exactly where the last one ended, Campbell returns for five minutes just to get unceremonoius killed off, and at one point it just becomes this hilarious Terminator rip off/homage movie where they recreate Arnie's assault to the police precinct. Robert Z'Dar plays the bad guy.