Just finished this, did I like it?

Just finished this, did I like it?

Yes, Sup Forums says its good.

How are you supposed to shitpost about it if you've actually seen it?

I was finna thinking dont all those niggas have hella radiation after going into The Upside down world.

11 was the best part of this show.

it was fun

wtf is this show some Goonies nostalgia Spielberg shit?

dropp3d

that's exactly what it is.

It's Super 8 but better.

It was good Lonnie did nothing wrong and lucas is a faghot

Can anyone else just not stand child actors? I can't bear their "performances" for more than 20 seconds

Take Spielberg, Stephen King and Silent Hill

yes Mathieu

hated the older kids' scenes 2bqh

I liked it. I would describe it as Akira mixed with Beyond the Black Rainbow, mixed with the movie They (2002), and Super 8.

It's got flaws but it was pretty entertaining.

I can't stand people who think child actors should be perfect. The words are always going to be the ideas of an adult anyway, just get used to it being a conversation with the creator.

I thought the kids were mostly exceptional.

>Silent Hill
My nigga

i was in love with eleven then I saw how she really looks. jesus christ her hair looks awful, and she dresses like some 12 year old tryhard disney princess. someone please get her some fashion sense.

forgot pic sorry maties

>12 year old girl dresses like some 12 year old tryhard disney princess

>critiquing some 12 year old girl on her fashion sense when some stylist probably chose exactly how she should dress.

grow up and stop being a pedo.

>tfw you will never grow up in 1980s small town america
>tfw you will never have your group of best friends
I almost want to rewatch the entire show to fill that terrible hole it tore in me

>yfw no one can post anything on the internet anymore that resembles a praise for a show, game, movie, or anything else without saying "it has flaws but"

kys gook poster

The fuck is that thing under her eyes, is that supposed to be cute?

I literally just finished it and tbqh I fucking loved it. It had very few issues imo and the kid actors were good and not annoying. Loved the 80s aesthetic of everything and the soundtrack is GOAT

Kill yourself

so you're gay?
you like little boys?

ran out of a music budget a few episodes in right? unless i just missed them.

best scene in the whole damn thing right here.

>youll never get to put make up on elevens face and teach her how to act like a girl
>youll never get to pick out her dress
>youll never take her to the school dance

I dislike the pacing of the show. I was trying to browse the internet while watching it and I couldn't keep the details together without needing to devote my entire attention to it. That is a big minus for this franchise.

I believe the best scene was when Mike was trying to explain that he's gonna be her boyfriend and not his brother and then kissed her. That scene melted my heart senpai.

That's the est time, skim the Wikipedia article and talk about the flick like you know it.

>they never got to go to the snowball

JDIMSA

this is awesome. i hope El-posting becomes a thing. im already trying to build up my collection of rare Els

I was ready for them to kiss in the bathroom, they were just going for it and then Toothless fucks it all up.

There's always next year's Snowball, also gives the rest of the party some time to find themselves a qt to bring, that way they won't just be watching Mike and El slow dance all day.

yeah same here. i almost wanted to cry at the end

>tfw tearing up throughout that entire episode
I just wanted El to be happy, god knows she deserved to be
I'm getting teary again just thinking about it

kek

>toothless fucks it all up

You mean giving them valuable time in escaping?

so im thinking season 2, will becomes evil and the creature takes over his body. eleven comes back and has to fight will to the death. mike is torn and doesnt know who to align with, the girl he loves or his best friend will.

But them kissing in the school was a much better scene, like I knew from the start of Mike's dialogue where it was going and was super cute how he was having difficulty explaining he wants to be her boyfriend. The Duffers putting this scene only minutes away from El destroying the monster and disappearing was the reason I cried myself to sleep that night.

If and when they do a second season, it won't be the same because El will definitely not have a shaved head. I doubt she'd shave her head twice. She gave me some serious Portman vibes and it'll be sad to see that gone.

He could've came in 5 seconds later and they still would've been fine.

It was good, not great. Started strong and fizzled at the end. Played with some cliches very well, yet walked straight into others. 8/10

Nah I can't see that happening, too far fetched desu senpai, more likely that Will is gonna have "flea" powers and will have to help El escape the Upside Down.

I found it weird that Mike would take advantage of El like that. Maybe she doesn't like him like he likes her? he's just the first guy that's been "nice" to her, and he starts kissing her. I get he's supposed to be young, but kinda got a rapey vibe from that scene because he basically told her "you're going to be my gf now" and she just nodded, not understanding.

I agree it's a better scene, but the actual kiss was kinda quick and over with, and I know they're both awkward kids. But In the bathroom it seemed like they were both mutually building up to it.

the cute lolis always have to grow up. sigh. why cant they just stay 12 and innocent forever and not become disgusting self absorbed teenagers.

But Millie said she was fine with getting her head shaved, I don't think it'd be such a problem for her to do it again for this role, besides maybe they won't have to. They could have her have hair and it'll be justified since the bad guys wouldn't have been able to keep her head shaved.

Are you a girl?

You kidding me? He was just trying to explain the concept of liking someone more than a friend. El had been protective and fawning over Mike for quite awhile before the end. The bathroom scene showed that they were both going in for a kiss.

I'm thinking that season 2 will be the whole Stranger Things gang driving around america solving mysteries.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>did I like it?
isn't that the question of the day

But why would she shave her head again? Shes in the upside down. Herr hairs gonna be longer

Nah but she was surprise "El" smiling after the kiss though and when she was in the science room she was looking forward to what Mike was talking about and the Snowball and all that.

That's what I mean they won't have to if they don't need to. It's up to the Double Duffs my friend

I know it's perfectly justifiable that her hair would have grown in a second season, but to me the shaved head is apart of her persona at this point. She was alright in that blonde wig, but didn't seem right.

she rode on the back of mikes bicycle numerous times, shich is basically like saying, i want to fuck you. also, she held his hands on several occasions. she made it very obvious she wanted more than friends.

a whole thread and I haven't seen anything about steve and/or johnathan getting C U C K E D. very surprised at you, tee vee.

but really, this filled a goonies team up with the brat pack to play call of cthulu hole I never knew I had.

The Duffer's said season 2 was going to be a sequel type thing and that idea doesn't match these kids' lifestyle at all. They just wanna hang with the gang and play D&D and Atari all day.

>you will never have your fugitive telepathic qt waifu ride on the back of your bike with you

WTF I hate Eleven now.

this shits written by dudes, of course the girl is ECSTATIC that a BOY would kiss her, because a fucking KISS just means the world to a girl. It was stupid.

Yeah same feeling here, when she put on the wig I was like she looks cuter without it but they had to make her wear it to sneak her into school.

actually werent a lot of the episodes written by women though? seemed like each episode had a different writer.

And what if it was written by a woman El would go full independent femtetsuo who don't need no kanada? Jesus Christ, EL FUCKING LIKES MIKE, get over it.

There's been multiple ST threads with that being discussed. Besides I think the Duffs wanted to avoid the "school freak loner gets the girl" cliche, they said in an interview it was more realistic for Nancy to go back with Steve.

Why didn't they just put her in boy clothes?

How the hell did anyone realize she was a girl?

Was eleven miscast and they felt bad for the child actress so they just had everyone known she was a girl straight away?

this triggered me. He's your typical chad - had sex multiple times with different girls, popular on school etc. He manipulates nancy to have sex with him and then goes psycho on jonathan and call nancy a slut shame her with graffiti.

and then, he still gets her in the end? Do these writers not understand who gravitate towards tv-series like this? It's not the fucking chads, that's for sure.

can you stop being a downer and ruining this beautiful movie magic?

You the same faggot that keeps saying El is a tranny in every damn thread?

The monster was conjured by El's subconcious. It was her repressed masculinity, it lashed out at bull dykes and queers (barbara and will). And it liked to hunt animals (the deer, hunting was referenced as masculine by Johnathon).

El was more than likely born intersex as part of the complications with her birth. When she went into the sensory deprivation tank it wasn't some other being she contacted, it was another part of herself.

The ending was her coming to terms with her masculinity and embracing the monster as apart of herself.

This is one of the most clever LGBTIP+ pieces of media to date.

FUCK YOU

NO

she likes anyone that doesn't abuse her, and it's pretty fucked up that you're okay with that. Mike basically saying "you're my girlfriend now you have to come with me to this thing" doesn't fit with the theme of the series.

here's a big life tips to guys: don't try to claim a girl that's in a fragile state. When and if she gets better, she will remember that you acted like a hyena when she was weak.

she has been abused her entire life and barely speaks, and Mike is more interested in kissing her than anything else. That's messed up no matter how you spin it.

It is you!

Fuck, please don't turn this into a Stranger Things copy pasta, I saw this in another thread, this pisses me the fuck out even though I know it was posted as a joke.

It's realistic, gets a reaction and goes against the cliche

yeah i was thrown off my his character. i guess he truly did change by the end, but i honestly didnt have any respect for him. first he got his face absolutely pummeled by jonathan. then, at that conveneince store, he basically almost got his ass kicked again by his sidekick. then he shows up when the shit is hitting the fan at the house and acts like an absolute pussy.

and I think they made that convincing not just by redeeming steve really hard, but by making nancy actually not a ho.

I don't like Will, he gives a bad vibe
He's infected too

>ambrose

ree he sucks

What the hell are you talking about. Mike at first wanted her out of the way so she won't interfere with them finding Will, but soon he started bonding with her and growing attached. Mike really cared for her, treated her kindly, fed her, entertained her and protecting her became one of his top priorities.

>even though I know it was posted as a joke.
Would it ruin your safe space if I told you it wasn't a joke.

nothing about this was like akira besides le psychic abilities you retard. That is just a bad comparison.

more proof that women cannot understand science fiction / horror

>then he shows up when the shit is hitting the fan at the house and acts like an absolute pussy.

did you miss the part when he was bashing the monsters face in while the other two were on the ropes? keep in mind, he hadn't seen a hint of any supernatural and was going solely to apologize to nancy for being a dick, so he got a huge Sanity roll off of this and still came in swinging like a champ. Plus it's clear that he was the one who gave Johnathan the camera at the end, so I feel that he was successfully redeemed as a chad.

He was basically gone in like the whole season and when he was on-screen he was very nice and cast fireball to protect his friends in D&D. He's willing to risk himself for the sake of his friends even if it was just in D&D.

Throughout the entire show it had been building towards them kissing at some point. You could just tell. They fucking almost did in Mike's bathroom before they had to gtfo.

t.woman

reported, called the cops, notified the department of energy, left dubs unchecked

It would degrade my view of regards of people who post this but I've accepted I may have to live in a society where people post stuff like this unironically and believe this irl.

how big are your tits.

>Eleven was good
>Winona Ryder was excellent
>monster was creepy
>solid acting for most characters

>Kids were annoying, especially the one with the lisp, I would fast forward if their scenes took too long
>not enough explanation about how the monster entered our dimension the very first time and created the portal
>how did Eleven escape in the very first episode?

Overall it was good, I enjoyed it but it wasn't groundbreaking.

>memespouting tripfag

Why is she so perfect?

>Kids were annoying, especially the one with the lisp, I would fast forward if their scenes took too long

this show clearly hinges on your love/hate for the goonies

He came to apologise to Jonathan but yeah I agree with you, at first I saw him as "Douchebag Chad" at the start but as the episodes went by and showed he redeemed himself I got okay with him ending up with Nancy even though I rooted for Jon all the way. He showed he was a good guy after all.