Is cannibalism natural among humans?

Is cannibalism natural among humans?

Evidence: It seems that fully untouched tribes of humans praticularly in Africa eat other humans. A good example of this is august 19 2016 3:58pm in Uganda a natural tribe of cannibalistic people travelled from the jungles of Uganda to Kenya. Another example of a cannibalistic tribe that still survives is the korowai tribe of New Guinea, they have been eating humans since the tribe started and continue to eat human flesh today. Finally not only them but also one of our closest "relatives" the chimpanzee's are also cannibals, cannibalism in the chimp world has been noted by reasearched since 1977.

This is only very examples of naturally occurring cannibalism because I'm on mobile and don't feel like typing anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

algonquin.com/book/cannibalism/
efukt.com/21677_African_Sex_Rituals.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Africa... Humans...

>What is Creutzfeldt–Jakob
Cannibalism was only natural in monkeys and humans, when natural ressource were scarce

Read about it here:

algonquin.com/book/cannibalism/

>Africa

Point is? Rape of adolescents, children and women is 100% natural. Doesen't mean its a good thing.

PART OF IT!

But isn't that the cure for aids or gaining magic power by eating albinos?

I'd eat people if I lived on a shitty island too

I love the people trying to argue the fact that Africans are human. Africans have been considered human by the average person forever and on top of that Africans just like any other "race"(not species) were studied by biologists and were deemed human. Your idiotic opinion that has no justification is not welcome, if you wish to make a logical argument for your case upon if cannibalism is natural or not then you are very welcome. Op

Yes

I suppose the rape of others is not a good thing and you do make a valid point, however I feel like the irony in this is that people deem it fine to eat animals that they do not have a connection with yet when it comes to a human it is completely different. I by no means am saying that I don't eat meat, I eat meat, I love meat but I also don't generally have a problem with eating a dog(granted it was raised for eating) or a cat(same as dog) and I suppose if it is natural... human should fall into this category under very controlled circumstances.

Some people do believe that in Africa. I do not prescribe myself to that belief however.

But we have one big problem with cannibalism and diseases. Cross infection from another animal onto human is rather rare. Humans can only get affected by a little amount of diseases animals have.
But with eating a human, you can get nearly every disease the other human had, because of organism similarity. That is why most of advanced life forms don't partake in cannibalism, because it was not advantagious for evolution.

I would beg to differ, chimpanzee's currently practise cannibalism even though there is plenty of food for them in the jungle(particularly Tanzania the Congo, Rwanda and Uganda).Moving away from monkeys humans currently practise cannibalism even if they are not a tribes person or in need, a good example of this is the 2 people who were eaten in Kampala(I believe it was in their homes but don't quote me on that) and was supposably practised by Ugandan leader Idi Amin.

>comparing Africa to people

That is very true and I agree with the scientific background of illnesses transferring because of cannibalism. Although the most notorious illness "kuru" is extremely rare due to you having to eat a brain that is already infected with this illness. Also you run a risk with almost any food you eat most notably sushi(the raw fish kind) it causes Anisakis simplex (herring worm) and other nematodes, or roundworm yet people still eat sushi. Perhaps another good example is that you can very easily get sick by eating out, it could be cross contamination, old meat or moldy bread and yet people take that risk.

Nigger lover detected

Seems interesting thank you for the suggestion user

I am just trying to have a civil conversation on a topic that I find interesting why do you feel the need to ruin it with your comment that is irrelevant to the topic at hand?

Well, while I was working as grave digger, some of my colleagues told me rumors, that freaks eating parts of the deceased was rather frequent. They had a dug over grave every few years. Usually the robber don't go down to the deceased, but search for the rotting flesh within the earth. Rather disturbing

I didn't really compare Africa to people what I did was point out cases of tribes that are cannibals and stated that cannibalism just happens to be prevalent in Africa. Good examples of places in Africa that are known for cannibalism are Uganda, Liberia and the Congo. To further continue if you are from Africa then you would be known as an African person...

efukt.com/21677_African_Sex_Rituals.html

I have read that eating human flesh is like an addiction it is supposed to be salty and after you have 1 bite you will long for it forever.

I'd say it's natural for small tribal societies. Anyone not in the tribe is perceived as being not really human. Therefore you can do anything to them and it doesn't matter morally.

Logically we both have the same body therefore if it is natural for small tribes to perform cannibalism then it would be equally natural for us.

Define natural and also ask if culture is natural. If so, then why is it tabu to eat people?

Random examples dont make an argument

Yet almost nobody does it

it's not so much exposure to disease but off accumulation of heavy metal toxins which never leave the body. you shouldn't eat predators for this reason. as far as consuming human meat, the only real risk is if you eat brain or spinal tissue. you can be infected by prions, which are not viruses or bacteria, but rather malformed protien chains that can disrupt other proteins in the body. there's really no way to treat this. mad cow disease is basically this and there is a form specific to humans. what's kind of interesting is a high enough % of humanity is immune to this to suggest that at one point in evolutionary history the lack of susceptibility to prion infection was a determining factor in a life and death situation. this means our ancestors relied on cannibalism for survival, probably due to a mass extinction event, and those who carried the genes to be cannibals and not get sick survived to pass along that trait.

I'm going to be sick

Any questions?

cannibalism, pedophilia, and murder are all normal things for people to do. it doesn't make it right though

I wanna say that there is a specific gene that certain people have which protects them from prions, indicating that cannibalism was prevalent enough in our modern ancestors. I'd try human meat at least once.

sauce: nytimes com/ 200 3/04/11 /us /gene-study- finds- cannibal - pattern . html

I think culture is natural but if human flesh is a key part of the human diet from ages ago(both in Africa and Asia) and it is simply taken out of our diet due to a social norm.... then I think there should be a sort of law set in place to regulate it to a certain degree.

I don't understand how these are random examples. If you are meaning the illness kuru it is the most well known cannibalistic illness and most explored illness relating to cannibaliam therefore it would be extremely likely that he would be talking about kuru in his previous post. If you are referring to the risk of eating out or eating raw fish the similarity is that in both situations there is an extremely low risk of you getting sick by either situation (ie raw fish or human) yet people demonize eating human but not raw fish.

There is actually quite the ummmm "situation" (I suppose that is the correct word to use) in Uganda about cannibalism. Currently people in rural parts of Uganda stay indoors after 8:00pm in fear of being killed and eaten due to fresh flesh(just killed or before being buried for too long) being the tastiest or so they say.

Interesting piece of information, I have ready about the brain and spinal area being very dangerous. Besides the spinal and brain areas it seems like there isn't really a biological reason as to what we shouldn't eat other humans.

But it isn't really wrong, I mean think about it if someone is already dead then the essence of their life has already gone therefore you have no use for the body so why not?

Why endorse it when you dont need it?

There are quite a few people who biologically are fine with digesting human meat and you are correct about it being extremely prevalent in human history.

I mean we don't "need" a lot of things and yet we enjoy them. If someone enjoys the taste of human meat why should he be prosecuted for being human?

Civilization

How do you purpose we regulate it?
when is it ok?
how to do we raise the child to be eaten?

The oldest archeological traces of humans in northern germany are stone basins carved for bloodletting and human sacrifice, and nearby are cache's of human bones with human teethmarks all over them.

That's all I remember from reading the report on it a few years ago in the sci journal Nature. Kinda cool.

b/c it devalues their life

Civilization is an interesting point that comes up rather often but what was civilization built upon? A person/few people's ideas and opinions on what is morally right and wrong these opinions and ideas have no significant meaning besides the fact that they have been hammered in people's heads so long that we just kind of believe them.

There is many species on this planet that eat similar genome and same genome.

It's not natural at this point for humans to do it.

I don't doubt that there is tribes in the deep jungles that do it though.

It is a hard regulation to set but in my opinion I believe that rather then raising someone and killing them to be eaten it should operate in the reverse. I believe that due to human history and nature that cannibalism is natural(although I wouldn't do it) and after someone has died their should be an option to donate your body for consumption(I understand that it takes a long time of conditioning and it would start slowly) but when someone dies they aren't really themself anymore so why not use it to nourish others?

I am very interested in the subject of cannibalism, not because I personally would do it but because I believe that it is a faulty law that was based off of a few persons opinions and just because they have power it was therefore law.

How? They still were the same person, they had the same personality, they had the same emotions but when they die that "human" side of them is gone and they are now just kind of a dead animal. In my experience a dead relative that is being buried doesn't even really look the same(even tho they obviously are) there is just something missing.