Criterion sale

Anyone participating in this sale?

If so what are you getting?
And what film needs to be put on criterion?

I made a thread a year ago and no one answered. That was the day I knew Sup Forums was shit...despite it all, here I am

Anyway, I hope I can get -still considering suggestions-:

1.-Island of lost souls
2.-close up
3.-The Brood
4.-Eyes without a face
5.- Days of heaven
6.-La Jetee
7.-In The Mood For Love

Might also get:
Sweet smell of success
Diabolique
Bottle Rocket

Already own
Battle of Algiers
Tokyo Story
Repo Man
Videodrome
Scanners
Brazil (Dvd)
Time Bandits
Thin Red Line
Antichrist
Solaris
Blow Out
House
The Vanishing
World on a Wire

Movies I already own but consider getting because they aren't Criterion and are probably my two favourite films:
Ikiru
Mulholand Drive

In the mood for love is absolutely next on me list!

I picked up Day For Night, Breathless, Battle of Algiers, Phoenix, and the Rules of the Game

Sweet Smell of Success is a favorite of mine.

Get Close Up and I would definitely pick up Sweet Smell of Success -- one of my favs and Zizek even recommends it.

You clearly have no idea what this is about. Despite being decades old, Criterion films have been restored to look as good as they can, they also include essays, audio commentaries and in some cases even documentaries or some other bonus features like a short film from the director or something. Without Criterion quite a few of the films in the collection wouldn't even be avaidable to the general public

ahaha no

thanks yify

I got: Crumb, Death by Hanging, The Naked Island, Fantastic Planet, and In the Realm of the Senses

Already got some stuff. Whit Stillman box set is really good. Those movies are right up my alley.

I haven't gotten anything from this sale, but my preorders of Night and Fog, and A Touch of Zen showed up today. Both blind buys. I'm looking forward to watching them.

Go to this thread for Criterion Wishlist.

I just bought The Seventh Seal the other day. I haven't watched it yet due to lack of time, but was it a good purchase?

Second this. I enjoyed that more then most that list.

>owning physical media
I truly hope you don't do this

Nice Bebe. I have a nice Blu-ray collection. I've gotten more since these pictures were taken, but I haven't taken new pictures since the shelves are so even in these.

Buying every single Terrence Malick film.

Again.

He's the voice of our generation.

>He buys Criterion Collection blu-rays
>Probably doesn't even have any Kino blu-rays

Do you even Sup Forums?

I picked up these-
Hiroshima Mon Amour
Dr. Strangelove
Easy Rider
Day for Night
Thief
The Night of the Hunter
A Touch of Zen

How did I do?

Shit collection, you don't even have Problem Child 2.

>buying jewrays

How many times you actually watch the bluray/dvd after youve bought it? I stopped buying physical media after i realized they just sit on shelf after viewing them.

I don't even watch them desu. I'll buy shit that I already watched then it remains sealed on my shelf and I never watch again then I wonder why the fuck I bought it.

I dream of one day watching them all with a girl, introducing her to classic films for the first time.

that's the stupidest shit I've heard

Considering I only buy films that I really enjoy, I would say I watch them a good amount of times. Having a good TV and 7.1 helps with repeat viewing though

>physical media

>buying movies

nope.

How else will visitors know how much of a nonpareil cinephile I am user?

Well done!

Just grabbed Stalker