How do i get into brian eno?

how do i get into brian eno?

With his first album, as you would with any other artist.

Imo Another Green World is his most accessible album. Really harmless stuff and quite groovy, interesting and even catchy. I find myself humming some of the melodies a lot even though it's been months since I last listened to the album

listen to his worst most garbage shit, ignore all the good stuff. that is the best way to get into him, just believe me

lol

This works with Eno since his first album is great, but any other artist? I'm not gonna send someone Bowie's debut album if I want to get them into Bowie.

what did he mean by this

This
Another Green World is probably his best. If you want moreso ambient than art rock, OP, I suggest Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks or The Pearl.

HE MEANT GO TO FUCKING BED ALREADY. YOU'RE VERY TIRED.

Go away shitty Sup Forums meme.

thanks friends

You listen to him

I'd give 'Here come the warm Jets' a go fairly early too.
It's bretty good.

damn...

let him peepee on you

i dont think i wanna do that

BACKWATER!

>here come the warm jets

Before and After Science. If you prefer side A, listen to Here Come The Warm Jets and Taking Tiger Mountain next. If you prefer side B, listen to Another Green World. Might need a few listens though

Accessible

Roxy Music Roxy Music
Roxy Music For Your Pleasure
David Bowie Low

Post Punk

Here Come The Warm Jets
My Life In the Bush of Ghosts
Taking Tiger Mountain

Ambient

Another Green World
Before and After Science
Music For __________
No Pussy Footing

all are great

Watch Dune

>Another Green World
>Before and After Science
>Ambient

what

>No Here Come the Warm Jets.
pleb.

What are some other /Dune/core artists besides Grimes and Toto?

been a long time since I have listened to them, only remembered the more mellow airy tracks
my bad

What about his production work?

HCtWJ is plainly listed.

You, sir, are in error.

YEAH?

Well maybe it was.

No Pussyfooting is his most famous ambient album for obvious reasons, but Evening Star (the second ambient album he co-made with Fripp) is the true ambient album masterpiece. Listen to both.

>brain eno

Remain in Light and Heroes are my fav that were produced by him

Eno production rankings:
>GOAT
Gavin Bryars - Sinking of the Titanic
Devo - Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!
Various Artists - No New York
Talking Heads - Remain in Light

>Good
David Bowie - Outside
James - Laid
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Talking Heads - Fear of Music

>Bad
U2

Viva La Vida should be in goat tier. Eno made that schlock listenable solely through its production quality.

>Post Punk
>Here Come The Warm Jets
released in 1974, it predates most punk let alone post-punk. none of the albums you have listed as post-punk really are post-punk... and ironically, Before and After Science is half new wave, practically synonymous with post-punk yet you have it listed as ambient. wtf is your life!

I read in a book that Mark Mothersbaugh and Gerald Casale were huge dicks to Brian Eno in the studio. Brian kept trying to touch the mixing desk or add effects, and they would always swat away his hand and ask "what are you doing? what is the purpose of what you did?" as if all actions have an intended outcome. All Brian got away with was adding the Balinese Monkey Chant to Jocko Homo.

There's also that time Devo opened up for Sun Ra, and played Jocko Homo for half an hour then fist-fought the promoters when they tried to unplug the instruments. what the fuck was their problem?

You don't get into Brian Eno. He gets into you.

>Eno still getting undeserved credit for the Berlin Trilogy in [current year]

In terms of production Visconti's work on Low is better than anything Eno has ever done

>better than anything Eno has EVER done

lmao, still riding the consumerist BOWIE DIED emotional wave?

eno's personal music is kinda boring desu
he's really good at producing other people tho

Through the stomach. The chest is not good since the ribs are in the way.

>>Good
>Coldplay
>>Bad
>U2
kys

he's ranking the production on the albums, not the bands' overall quality and legacy you dip shit

But the production on The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree, and Achtung Baby is fantastic

I agree, but apparently the other dude likes the Coldplay production more. Doesn't mean he was saying they are better than U2.

Coldplay is better than U2 though. Parachutes, the singles from Rush of Blood and X&Y and VLV alone kick U2's ass.

Okay, I'll let you wax nostalgic for Coldplay and the irretrievable days you spent listening to them and associating their music with the freedom of your youth, but U2 is a much more accomplished and talented group.

nah Here Come the Warm Jets is definitely more accessible.

based mothersbaugh

>/Dune/core artists
>Toto
is this some new meme? did I miss something

Okay then if a debut is really that shit, on to the next one. If that one is just as bad or also shit, repeat. It's really not that complicated and it's pretty much implied that if the debut is shit then move on to the next, as long as it's in order. But ignoring all this, why not just check the debut out anyway; you get to see the development of the artist and where they started. Doesn't take that much time out of one's day. Unless it's really really really shit and you don't really care about the artist, but just for good albums/music.

You're an idiot.

Toto is the dog from Dune

OMFG you're a moron have you ever even seen the movie dune? Asshole.

elaborate