Will K-Dot drop another album tomorrow?

The theories point to 'yes.'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_hizvM5eLuI?t=19m7s
instagram.com/p/BS2g9_Yh-5b/
xxlmag.com/news/2016/03/cardo-hints-more-kendrick-lamar-music-coming-soon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kdot is just coasting now. no 2nd album for sure

I wish but its most likely not gonna happen.

That would be fucking incredible

And yes it's very very likely

He should perform all the songs from NATION. at Coachella and then release it.

The evidence says yes, but honestly it just seems so far fetched, too good to be true. Kendrick made 2 albums worth of content in just 2 years? I don't know. That being said, there is some weird shit going on. Like Kendrick changing his spotify page to him in front of blue bricks, how it dropped on Good Friday, how he'll be performing at Coachella on the day of the supposed release

>yfw he preforms the new album front to back live as its released tomorrow.

Just ask yourselves this: how crazy would it be to not release another album? You would think there would be hints that would dissuade the speculative fans away from the second album theories. There haven't been. I don't see how there isn't going to be one. It seems obvious.

But wouldnt it be even crazier to release a 2nd album on Sunday? Besides, TDE might not be dismissing the theories in order to build hype. After all, they didnt dismiss speculation that the album was dropping the 7th, even after everyone assumed that it was. The only piece of solid evidence i've seen is the TOC reference in The Heart p IV, which still hasnt been explained. Most of the rest is just speculation. I want another album to drop as much as the next guy, but i think its far from likely. I hope i'm wrong tho

>After all, they didnt dismiss speculation that the album was dropping the 7th, even after everyone assumed that it was.
Yeah, but that's different. Regardless, they announced it on that day. It was something. Maybe it's not coming on Sunday but I believe an announcement or something will. In my mind, Sounwave practically gave it away when he "clarified" his comments. It was a clear deflection rather than a correction. He wanted to create ambiguity when something comes to fill that space.

>Kendrick's manager says an album will be dropping soon
>Sounwave says he was referencing the extra verses on FEAR
I don't know what to believe

All of this misleading information is intentional imo.

Yeah, i can see an announcement or something else dropping, maybe even a short film/music video. I'm just trying not to get hyped up for an album and then be disappointed when it doesn't come.

As someone else said in here, something is probably going to go down at Coachella.

I don't think anything is going to happen, I agree with that TDE isn't saying anything to build hype and get album sales

I really would love a sister album on Sunday. Not only for more Kendrick tracks, but that it'd just be really cool thematically and probably cement Kendrick as being one of the greats.

Sadly, I doubt it's gonna happen. I think at most we'll get some visual component like some short film or something.

UU and TPAB were both made in 2 years

double albums get twice the sales

SOUNWAVE SAID NO
THERE IS NO EVIDENCE
END THESE FUCKING THREADS

>inb4 no fun allowed

He performs coachella on sunday, maybe hell come out dressed like Jesus

Sounwave never denied a second album.

I dont think he needs to outright say "THERE NO SECOND ALBUM"

This seems sufficient.

>This seems sufficient.
No it isn't. A version of DAMN. leaked that was missing some things, and Sounwave tweeted pic related, which could have been construed as hinting that the leaked version was completely different from the finished product, so he tweeted what you posted in order to clear it up. He never confirmed nor denied TOC/NATION.

You mean shit you made up

TDE people have confirmed it's not coming out
It's 100% not happening.

DAMN has a period at the end. If there was an album it would be called GOD DAMN. The theory is a dumb conspiracy.

>but what if I told you...

He is literally referring to the meme, hes not alluding to the possible duality of two albums. Hes just referring to the meme. Thats it.

He didnt outright confirm or deny, but I wouldnt even get a smidgen of hopes up for tomorrow. Although side b's would be sick.

Where does the "NATION" thing come from. Is it just because some faggot fan said
>it's called DAMN so the next should be called NATION!" haha they work together xD!

honestly i think it makes perfect sense. if an album drops my money is on its titlesbeing NATION.

it will be called GOD

that makes sense too but i think is more Kendrick-like to name it NATION

that makes sense too but i think is more Kendrick-like to name it NATION. DAMNATION is more Kendrick-y than GODDAMN

I think it's more likely that old Kendrick dies on the album or some shit and then resurrects at Coachella, personally

If kdot does this he will be the artist of the century

>if Kendrick does this thing that Frank Ocean and Future both just did, he will be artist of the century!!

no

the main reason is because of the rewind at the end of duckworth. it's sort of a lazy way of showing that the album has come full circle. he's answered the question he posed in the first track.
despite what you may think of his rapping his views or his taste, we can all agree he's very smart conceptually.
if he were planning a part II he would do something like leave this one open ended or feeling slightly incomplete. he would wrap up part I at the end of part II.

remember when we all thought radiohead would do the same with amsp.
this is the stage of mourning called denial or bargaining. the album is shit. we can't do anything to change that.

Source?

both DAMN and AMSP are great albums tho

Just because people want a second album doesn't automatically make the current album shit.

I think it's just a sign of how saturated in media we are... the age of "binge watching" and all that. Since media is so easily accessible people are never satisfied.

AMSP was great man. DAMN. has been good too, although it's still a little early to really say how it will be received

DJ Eman slipped up on Power106 yesterday and said he's heard material that didn't make it on the album(s) plural... right after saying he spent time in the studio with him but didn't want to give too much away.
youtu.be/_hizvM5eLuI?t=19m7s

happening

Well TPAB was but UU was kinda just bsides not exactly something he worked on for two years.

>GOD would be on the album not titled GOD
what the fuck is wrong with you?

Frank's was B-sides and FUTURE and HENDRIX were shit. Frank's was good though but not nearly as good as blonde

>SOUNWAVE SAID NO
And Kenny's manager said yes

Who to believe?

>Kenny's manager said yes

where?

On his Instagram

What you've failed to consider is the possibility that the second album compliments DAMN. and that the last song remains DUCKWORTH.

GOD DAMN.
KENDRICK DUCKWORTH.

Get it?

what minute senpai?

>NATION.

If it doesn't have several 'fuck trump' songs i will be astounded.

but what if DAMN. is just bsides

link pls

instagram.com/p/BS2g9_Yh-5b/
>luke.whitley_Is he really dropping another album on Easter??
>[email protected]_ Yep

Considering Damn's pretty damn cohesive as an album with DUCKWORTH. I wouldn't say it's Bsides

Dave Free is Kendrick's Manager... also dude didn't respond to any other questions after that. Prob just trolling

DAMN has literally none. back to Sup Forums

definitely just going with it. this theory exploded pretty quickly

Precisely, leaving all muh social commentary for this second album. DAMN. was largely introspective.

>Pretty damn cohesive

Sounds messy as fuck to me. At least three tracks sounds out of place and unfitting to the general mood, and then there's humble.

Why would he lie? Isn't that just gonna cause a shitton of backlash once proven false?

>lie
it's so ridiculously stupid only a literal retard would take it seriously

management =/ kendrick's manager

Also, the comment was up yesterday, but he deleted it for some reason.

Either the comment was a joke and he had to delete it because it was in poor taste, or the comment was true and TDE got mad.

>Kendrick releases album posing questions to listener about the nature of fate and redemption.

>Intentionally does not give listener answers allowing space for one to reflect and create own personal imaginative response.

>Instead of digesting album internet expects to be spoonfed answers in "alternate timeline" sequel album. People are so uncomfortable with any form of introspection and rumination the album may provoke they construct crackpot theory to prolong this fantasy.

This is what the endless sequelisation and franchising of media has done to people. We just want to passively binge on entertainment that provides reassuring answers and thus distraction. I watch hours of youtube to switch off. What's your entertainment?

NEW ALBUM IN A FEW HOURS GUYS

Trips and he will

hes preforming at Coachella tomorrow night. my bet is new kdot+ yeezy colab into album release.

Fuck off Rap Genius. No one cares.

I feel like there is a difference between a project feeling incomplete and it not giving proper answers and still being good. Damn is a fucking mess, sounds like a bunch of B sides. If you think it would be weak for this project to get more music I don't know what to tell you dude.

I'm a big fan of the album and Kendrick in general so I don't think it'd be weak if he dropped new music - I'd be hyped. But I feel the reasons why people are expecting it speak more widely about the ways we consume culture in 2017. Maybe something will drop tomorrow and then this will sound dumb af idk

Is there any actual evidence that he might be besides silly theorizing about good friday and easter? Should I hop on the hype train or no?

no there isn't. don't get hyped.

a FUCKTON of small evidence. That being said, it's all small evidence.

I think the best shit we've got right now is the lyrics themselves. If this isn't ominous I don't know what is.

>My next album, the whole industry on a ice pack
>With TOC, you see the flame

Ice=GOD. Album
Flame= DAMN. Album
TOC= The other fucking color

frank ocean did it

Lyric genius archive being deleted, K dot manager confirming it.

Where did he confirm?

If there wasn't anything dropping why would Kendrick's team remain silent and let people get disappointed? Seems like it would make more sense to release a statement if there's nothing

see

God makes more sense seem theres a full stop in DAMN.

underrated post

his manager said another album is coming on instagram

>he deleted it for some reason.

A manager deleting anything pointing to him lying about another release

relay maeks me think

someone that works with kendrick tweeted out a couple months after untitled unmastered that he was working on two albums

To drive up sales, did you forget this is the music business?

Well it builds hype for Damn. People love crazy theories like this. I know a lot of ears had to perk up once they heard another album might be coming. It makes news, not just "Kendrick Lamar release Damn and its pretty Damn good" now its "Kendrick Lamar alleged second album coming sooner than you think", More people will buy and stream just to join in on the hype.

honestly yes I just dl through the archive

It's got nothing to do with that, it's because DAMN. is way too short and not good enough to follow TPAB. For this reason alone I fully believe another album is coming out tomorrow.

If it doesn't, DAMN. will be forgotten within a few months. The hype will fade and it will blend into every other rap album this year. Kendrick will have failed at what I think this album is supposed to do.

>DAMN. is way too short
it's a full LP

Well there's this too
xxlmag.com/news/2016/03/cardo-hints-more-kendrick-lamar-music-coming-soon/

>all these people in denial
there will NOT be a second album

contrarian af, grow up kid, there will be a second album and you know it.

contrarian? anyone not retarded knows there will not be a second album. all those evidence are just confirmation bias. nice job feeling superior though

This brings me back to the Jenny Death When days.

I don't believe it, someone like Future would do some gimmicky shit like that because he has no quality control and just shits out songs until it's enough for an album and pats himself on the back bragging that shat enough for two of them

Dude. He's not wrong, it's like I think the same runtime as Section .80. Lemme look up then break down runtimes, then maybe it'll make sense as to why he might release another album tomorrow.
Overly Dedicated: 59:18
Section.80: 59.24
Good Kid, M.A.A.D City: 68:23 (~15% increase in runtime / this isn't including bonus tracks. with bonus tracks it's something like over an hour and a half a.k.a. 90 minutes.)
To Pimp a Butterfly: 78:51 (~33% increase from OD and S80)
DAMN.: 54:54 I mean can we really think that this LP's runtime is shorter than his LPs from 2011 and prior just because?
Sure you can say that he was working on Untitled Unmastered but keep in mind that those songs were clearly recorded in the TPAB period. He's had since TPAB to work on an LP and he's given us an LP with a runtime shorter than that of an LP of his from 2011 and 2010. His LPs have progressively increased in runtime and you expect me not to believe something's up when this one is shorter?

it will not be forgotten. it's a great album own its own. very rich thematically, just let it sit with you. it just happens to be not as good as TPAB or GKMC but that goes to show how amazing k dot's body of work is.

Wow this is kinda fucked up. I see a slight connection through this verse from Isaiah 54 and DUCKWORTH. and FEAR.
>"Sing, barren woman,
>you who never bore a child;
>burst into song, shout for joy
>you who were never in labor;
>because more are the chilrdren of the desolate >woman
>than of her who has a husband,"
>says the Lord.

>I'm shit at understanding
>the tracklisting is as manic as Kdot feels rn

so... if something were to drop it would have already appeared on itunes music because of the 11 PM update, right? so that means we gotta wait till at least sunday night

Note the album cover, M is positioned to be devil horns.
NATION. The O will be a halo