Can someone give me tips/advice of getting a job in Helsinki? I'm about to apply for a job...

Can someone give me tips/advice of getting a job in Helsinki? I'm about to apply for a job, but I want to be extremely careful and accurate about it, because I want the goddamn job.
What do the Finnish appreciate? Do they prefer a CV that proves a vast array of skills, or do they prefer something simple and clean? (I'm obviously not from Finland).
Help

Other urls found in this thread:

opteam.fi/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

pic related tbh

the best for you is sossu rotta

Depends on the job...
Fins like to know you before so call them or perhaps if you can visit them.
Also cv should be neat and simple, picture of yourself is not bad

Suomi Finland Perkele

It's a pain in the ass labor job, read: cuck
would they want to know that I'm a programmer and speak some languages, or would they rather solely know my experience in the field?

Shit, I meant to type cook and typed cuck.
But yeah.

Its up to you, make it personal but simple

They appreciate it if you speak both Finnish and Swedish to a level in which you can be understood by people that speak those languages. If you can not, then you shouldn't even try to apply for the job because you will not get it.

Are you actually Finnish?

No tottakai...

Depends on the field obviously, but a good rule of thumb is your grades etc don't matter all that much, as long as you have a relatable degree. What's most important is that you have something you can show to prove your experience in the field. Any projects, earlier employments, hobbies etc that back up your interest, experience and know how in the field. Beyond that, dress for the occasion and be polite. There's a hundred people like yourself with degrees in Finland, your only chance is to be pushy like a prostitute on the street, and be packing a portfolio full of stuff you've done.

You don't need Swedish in Finland. You don't. And no one expects you to know it. If someone gives you hard time about it, he's gonna be a self entitled leech of a swede who's in the wrong country.

Finnish is almost mandatory, the Sweden... eh?
It really depends on the job, if you are waitress then Sweden is a huge +

>Finland Swedish who's in the wrong town.

This thread has been helpful for once.
Thanks Sup Forumsros.

What does a pain in the ass labor job mean? If the job you're applying to has something to do with programming then of course you should mention it in your resume.

Finland needs more good workers, hope you get it.

pain in the ass means about breaking your back and sleeping for 14 hours trying to heal
I get it completely, I now know what my approach will be.

satan trips confirm

If you are pro at surgery or top-tier engineer then you get the job, no problem. otherwise it gets harder.

Bumping to answer

>Can someone give me tips/advice of getting a job in Helsinki? I'm about to apply for a job, but I want to be extremely careful and accurate about it, because I want the goddamn job.
Good on ya, buddy. What kind of work are you applying for?

I'm guessing you've got a master's degree and are applying for a large multinational, right?

Most jobs/workplaces here require you to speak fluent Finnish unless the company is a global one.

>What do the Finnish appreciate? Do they prefer a CV that proves a vast array of skills, or do they prefer something simple and clean? (I'm obviously not from Finland).
The same basic rules of creating a CV apply in Finland as everywhere else. One page preferred, two pages max. If you do two, make sure EVERYTHING is very relevant to your experience.

Do not lie or "polish up" your skills or experience, be realistic. Finns appreciate honesty above many things. And do state why you're applying to a position in Finland. A good reason will surely score you some points.

The American way of talk before action is not appreciated here. Finland has been a technology and engineering driven country for a long, long time and the culture does reflect the appreciation of action and skills above conversation.

Ask me anything, I'm lurking for a bit.

t. a Finn in management consulting

Like I forementioned, it's a job for a cu-- I mean cook. Site that is hiring is opteam.fi/en/
I live in a shithole yuropean country and I love pale skinned blondes, so I really wanna go there.

Yes. If you are not Native-European don't even try.

>Like I forementioned, it's a job for a cu-- I mean cook.
A job is a job, really. As long as you pay the taxes for working, I don't really mind.

The general tips for your CV I gave earlier will apply for any job.

>I live in a shithole yuropean country and I love pale skinned blondes, so I really wanna go there.
Well, that won't score you any points as a reason to apply for a job in Finland. You may even be seen as a leech, just looking to get into the country for some neetbux (even if you're applying for a job).

I personally also think you should reconsider relocating if your only reason is "pale blondes". You sound like a 15 year old.

nah, 28 and drunk. too lazy to type right now
Also, I happen to be very serious about it, so I'm literally brainstorming right now.

This. Also you pretty much have to learn Finnish and Swedish even if you are cook. And if you are cook you have to pass all Finnish hygiene tests and get yourself Hygiene Pass. We are one of the worlds most clean and hygiene countries and so is our food.

Dont bother if you dont have experience of the type of job youre going for. Or at least, dont bother lying some other job has provided you with relevant experience if it clearly hasnt. All the bosses Ive had usually just throw away those types of applications. Also dont tell about a higher education if you have one if applying for some shit job.

>And if you are cook you have to pass all Finnish hygiene tests and get yourself Hygiene Pass. We are one of the worlds most clean and hygiene countries and so is our food.
I can pass that no prob.