The Star Wars IP is worth giving a single shit about again

>the Star Wars IP is worth giving a single shit about again
Feels pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Star Wars Rebels

Let me know when they put him in an actual movie.

>star wars rebels

Tell me when he isnt in some children tv show

>get Thrawn
>on Rebels

fucking monkey's paw

No one cares about the shitty expanded universe except for nerds. But keep telling yourself that spinoff fanfiction will make the most popular movie series of all time good again.

>failing this badly at basic reasoning
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/genetic

Reminder that Thrawn is an objectively superior character to every new character from all Prequels and Ep.VII

EP8 is going to be literally worse than fanfiction because the leaks apparently were right

Sooo.... Everyone but Vader?

Palpatine, mainly. Prequel vader is embarrassingly shitty.

>Ep8 leaks
Can someone...learn this power?

What are you even trying to say to me at this point? You exclude half the characters for no reason, and say: Besides all of them, this guy is better.

No one has ever heard of this Thrawn faggot, and you haven't even given reasons why he's better.

>What are you even trying to say to me at this point?
That Thrawn is objectively superior to every Prequel/EpVII character with the arguable exception of Palpatine.

>No one has ever heard of this Thrawn faggot
Boring troll. Next?

Wait a second, is he writing another book or something?

>still waiting for reasons and logic

Just because you are an illiterate retard doesn't mean actual people have to spoonfeed you.

I missed it. What leaks?

>Can't even defend his position to an illiterate retard

Boy, talk about having no faith in one's beliefs

Thrawn makes one actively cheer for the Empire

Yeah. And? Luke makes you cheer for the resistance. How is thawn objectively better?

>No one has ever heard of this Thrawn faggot
>I am literally 15 years old

Each book of the Thrawn trilogy topped the NYT bestseller list for weeks

>actively cheer for the Empire

I always wished the movies made the bad guys at least THINK they're doing the right thing, maintaining order and all that.

Still waiting for reasons tharwn is so great...

You guys are good about providing information other than what I asked for, so you got that going for you.

>6 movies Rian Johnson suggested cast/crew watch before filming Star Wars EP VIII: "Gunga Din" (1939), "Sahara" (1943), "Twelve O'Clock High" (1949), "The Bridge on the River Kwai" (1957), "Letter Never Sent" (1960), & "Three Outlaw Samurai" (1964)

are you guys ready for the return of starkino?

If you aren't willing to read the Thrawn Trilogy there won't be any convincing you

Excuse after excuse huh? You might not, you're right. But I can guarantee those who don't even attempt things will never succeed.

And what does convincing me have to do with providing your reasons anyway?

Fine, here is why Thrawn is a good character
>Pre retconning, he kept the Empire in check and still a formidable adversary to the Republic
>Found the way to dull the force by simple research into the subject
>Came from a galaxy outside Star Wars' galaxy
>A general who was always two steps in front of an enemy. An apparent loss almost always turned into a win for him
>Showed the "human" side of the Empire, giving the Empire for the first time actual depth outside of "bad guys"

See? Was that so difficult? I've convinced girls to open their legs with less effort than it took to convince you to talk about your faggy sith lord.

So now explain how those things make him better than other characters, and what your rationale is for excluding those who are better than him.

god youre a faggot

Is Kyle canon?

Why?

>sith lord

That's the thing. He isn't a Jedi, sith lord or hell, any type of Force user. He was one of the Grand admirals of the Imperial army. He was off in a far sector when the Empire fell. He gave the empire enough push to start becoming a super power again, without the force Unless you count him using C'both as using the force. Also, did you not read my post at all why he is a good character?

You obviously weren't around in the early 1990s. Heir to the Empire topped the fucking New York Times Bestsellers list.

>>Came from a galaxy outside Star Wars' galaxy

No he didn't. He was just from a regional power out in the Unknown Regions, which are like the wilderness regions of the Galaxy.

I must have read Outbound flight wrong then.

Still, cool to know he came from an unknown region.

>Thrawn
>but no Pellaeon

baka desu senpai, might be worth seeing how he'll job for space Aladdin.

I did read it. I see reasons why he's a good character, which is fine, but I saw nothing explaining what makes him superior to all others, or why you exclude some. So I asked.

I also asked why I'm a faggot. Didn't answer that either. Why go to a discussion forum and then just stonewall?

Not him but ur a faggot.

I wasn't the one that called you a faggot.

He is superior to some because he is one of the only Star Wars characters that is:
>Imperial
>Not a force user
>Has actually beaten Skywalker a couple of times.

If you can show me other characters with all three of these characteristics, fair enough, but there isn't many.

And what is it about imperial characters that makes them inherently better? Why is that? Same question for non force users. Is Han Solo better than Luke tha

Put this into perspective then: He was one of the first Imperial characters to make the Empire more than just "Bad guys". He gave reasoning behind the Empire's motives. Plus, I have a leaning towards imperial aesthetics over most other Star Wars aesthetic.

Plus, put this into the context that he was one of the first major players (Except Tarkin) for the Empire that wasn't a force user. He was a leader for the Empire which was only known at that point for Darth Vader and the Emperor. See where I am coming from?

Not to mention the fact that he was an alien that got the highest rank a non-force user can get in the Imperial army. Sheev was a racist against aliens. This shows how much military genius Thrawn has.

4th or 5th guy chiming in to say you're a faggot, here

You just told me why one guy was better, not why all imperials are better.

You are a bit of a faggot no offense.

I merely ask people for reasons they think the way they do. I thought nerds would actually love someone to humour them enough so they can rave about their stupid thrwansenpai. Didn't expect this weird chastity thing.

Nerds without taste buy in bulk, and you confuse this with actual quality. A lot of rubbish ends on the bestseller list faggot.

I agree, there is little sadder than the faggots insisting on the extended universe being worth a shit.

Thrawn literally is a Mary Sue, he's such a piece of shit character, only EU fans who actually bother to read EU crap would think he's impressive.

Youre a faggot.

Really losing count of how many tine s that's been said.

>Don't talk to my star wars novels or my wife's kids ever again.

I've only been able to get into the EU since the Disney reboot. It's a lot easier to take in when I only have to deal with like 10 years of comics/novels etc.

The fact that there's a Force Tree in Episode 8 gives me hope that Thrawn may actually appear in one of the new films. If nothing else, it means that Disney isn't afraid to take content from the new EU and use it in the mainstream films.

Thrawn is great because he's basically just a normal guy. He's not a Jedi, he's not a Sith, he doesn't use the Force. He doesn't have any incredible fighting skills and would be pretty much defenseless one vs. one against the aforementioned character types or a bounty hunter.

He's a guy who uses his mind and his mind alone and the threat he constitutes is just as formidable as anything posed by Palpatine or Vader.

He's a three-dimensional character, has a good bit of depth, and brings some color to a very monochromatic good vs. evil series that could use a bit of nuance at times.

Thrawn is definitely the most interesting Star Wars villain aside from maybe Vader.

faggot

>any character without a point by point origin story or a ton of shoehorned exposition as to how they became good at what they do is a mary sue
quality logic, lad. i know it's a bait post but you can do better.

the force is a tree and rey is the greatest jedi ever.

>Ignores questions posed
>Answers something no one asked

Get off thrawn's wondercock for a second and read the post before you reply.

You were complaining about no one giving reasons for why Thrawn was better. As I wasn't the person you were asking the direct question, I didn't presume to answer it for him.

But keep trying to bait people even after getting BTFO some more, you massive faggot.

where's his movie user?

I see right through you. The internet loves provong people wrong, yet my questions remain mysteriously unanswered.

Calling me a fag won't work no matter how many times it is done, it just shows how weak your convictions are.

is this the guy who plays the villain in The Patriot?

>Papa Smurf

>Chiss
>eye pupils

>Destroy old EU
>Create new one
I was meh on SW for a while, but after that? Lost me completely.

>thrawn

edgelord character self insert for fedoras who think they are sooper smart armchair commanders

>hurr I looked at a painting I know how they think because of my superior insight

give me a fucking break

But you are ignoring that 15 million people read it. That clearly means it's better than the billion who chose to watch Episode VII.

Simple arithmetic, user

His art insights are supposed to be a "special power" sort of like the Force. It gives him something that lets him compete with the main characters. I think it works and made a powerful character who was not a Sith

And a book by Zahn

That's not how art works.

The current EU is complete garbage.

I know that but I also liked episode 7 so I'm literally pleb tier.

I enjoyed Lost Stars too I guess. I'm not even going into the EU actually, but if rogue one is good I might read vader down since that's still canon?

You keep telling yourself that. Whatever it takes to protect the notion that your edgelord universe is the best.

Faggot

If you ignore TOR and the Chiss.

From all the posts explaining how great Thrawn is it sounds like he's a massive mary sue, ESPECIALLY with that painting crap

There's a bit of fanboyism at work, when people describe him, but just read the books and find out. They are good reads and Thrawn compels as a cunning and competent adversary who manages to show some refreshing merit as character who stands apart from Lucas' adoration of his oftentimes ideologic bullshit mysticism and adds some shades of gray to a universe that was mostly depicted in black and white.

I'm really happy for Timothy Zahn. He's a decent writer and he really cared about the EU so it's nice to see him back with Thrawn.

>muh mary sue alien man
What the fuck is Disney doing
>throw the old EU in the fucking garbage where it belongs
>fill the new continuity with more and more trash, some of it dug out from the old EU
??????

I just hope Thrawn won't get offed on Rebels, so there's still some avenue left to get the Thrawn trilogy reintroduced into Disney's canon as live action.

Thrawn ruled through the respect and admiration his soldiers gave him as opposed through fear. He also studied the cultural influences on his enemies to better understand them. Basically he took a very unconventional 'Sun tzu-esque' approach to besting his opponents. He was essentially unrivaled as a strategist until he was betrayed and killed from within the empire. While he was dying he pretty much gave the dude props for being able to kill him.
This goes without mentioning the political issues brought on by him being an alien in a pro-human organisation.

He's a very unique character to the star wars mythos. That in my opinion makes him a unique and interesting character with depth.

By definition, antagonists cannot be Mary Sues. When you have an invincible protagonist you lose all tension. When you have an invincible antagonist you have drama.

I recommend you reread it again, it's a good book. Especially after reading Survivor's Quest.

Thrawn is a military officer of the Chiss trying to prepare for invasion by the Yuuzhan Vong, Palpatine's agent Doriana negotiates with him and essentially joins forces to stop the Outbound Project from being discovered by the Yuuzhan Vong beyond the galactic rim, which would give them an advantage. Obviously Palpatine really just wants to kill off like 12 Jedi Masters.

Let them hire you as a writer. Clearly you know how all of it should be handled.

You're so unlikable and uncharismatic is almost unbelievable

There's a section in one of Zahn's later books where one of the characters has to point out that though Thrawn is a fantastic strategist half of the work is done by the fact that his aura of hypercompetence makes people think shit going on is a result of his planning and not just purely accidental. He's somewhat sue-ish but he does make some fatal errors, he even ends up being killed by one of those mistakes in the final book of the trilogy. The guy's just a good admiral, he's been out in the Unknown Regions for years forging his own empire, so he knows a lot of warfare.

He's interesting because his plans are fun to follow in the books, particularly because his scenes are never shown through Thrawn's point of view, only from that of his deputy Pellaeon. He's not really evil, he just wants a return to the order that the Empire represented, and he's willing to kidnap children and kill people to get there. He doesn't indiscriminately bombard planets or anything though.

You're really asking why?

When did you first realize you're a faggot

>the force is a tree

so they stole the plot from Secret Of Mana?

I get that alot.

The Chiss are basically conditioned from birth to be as analytical as it gets, detaching themselves from emotions. Thrawn just gathers vast amount of data, analyzes the patterns and processes information very fast. That whole art thing is a bit cheesy, but it serves as another mean for gathering data. Not really a superpower. Just anticipating the probable outcome after taking consideration of what kind of foe he might face.

When he encounters an unknown variable, he makes an educated guess. Usually it's enough to get the higher ground, but not always. Unfortunately for him, those few errors he made got him murdered, which damned galaxy to be raped by Yuuzhan Vong in the next 20 years.