How can y'all say Kendrick is NOT one of the GOATS?

>MF DOOM
Great artist and very talented rapper but who gives two fucks about some villian who makes obscure references. definitely not the goat lmaoo
>Eminem
annoying charicatures over dre production at his worst era? no thanks bro
>Nas
He doesn't nearly as many consistent albums, with less interesting themes. Definitely up there though
>Jay Z
Same as above
>Kanye
Good discography but he's nowhere near the rapper Kendrick is
>Mos Def
Up there with Kendrick
>Aesop Rock
Yeah he's great but who wants to listen to some ultra technical rap forever
>Big L
Not with one album lmao
>B.I.G
same as above
>Tupac
Great rapper but production doesn't come close
>J Dilla
Comes close, best hip hop producer of all time and a great rapper, singer and songwriter
>Common
Consistent discography but nothing comes close to TPAB or GKMC
>Black Moon
Nope
>Digable Planets
Blowout Comb is disappointing compared to their Debut, and their music can be really dry sometimes
>Ice Cube
Gangsta rap albums followed by more gangsta rap albums... yawn
>Kool Keith
Don't make me laugh
>Earl Sweatshirt
Make some more music and then come back to me, Earl
>Freddie Gibbs
Same as above
>Danny Brown
Old was pretty fucking atrocious, pun intended

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/8549er9
youtube.com/watch?v=fp4Twh0rgdg
youtube.com/watch?v=5xFAkQtvk-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How can y'all say Kendrick is NOT one of the GOATS?
he's human

So who does come close?

>ATCQ
Fantastic discography with tons to digest and subject matter to enjoy.

>Outkast
Same as above but somehow even more varied music to enjoy. Their discography is better than Kendrick's

>De La Soul
Ignoring their newest album, same as Outkast but they don't have the same chemistry that Outkast have.

>UGK
Possibly the quintessential southern hip hop group

>Eric B. & Rakim
What they did for hip hop and with the quality of their solo projects and group projects they are definitely some of the greatest

>Gucci Mane
This one's kinda cheating, he released so much music that of course he has a LOT of great projects and songs

honestly all of these have at least an album thats better than kennys best

I can respect that opinion but I can't if you're referring to any of the artists in the OP

i meant that post but lifestyles of the poor and dangerous, ready to die and doris are arguably better too.

So does almost everyone in the OP

>Earl Sweatshirt
>Make some more music and then come back to me, Earl
>Freddie Gibbs
>Same as above
freddie gibbs has a ton of music wtf

Go to bed Kendrick/Fantano, stop shilling, you're artificially popular

Lil B

Old was pretty good, it just Wasn't XXX levels of quality. AE is his worst album, he tried too hard to be unique and experimental. It just comes off as pretentious and boring. Danny thinks it's some kind of deep shit when it's really not.

>he's nowhere near the rapper Kendrick is
Explain this.

How does your Aesop Rock criticism not apply to Kendrick too?

>Don't make me laugh
and here's why anyone likes that boring pretentious killjoy kendrick

Kendrick is the GOAT rapper
Kanye is the GOAT artist in the hip-hop scene
ATCQ made the GOAT music in hip-hop
Nas made the GOAT hip-hop album of all time

why are rapfags so obsessed with oneupmanship, as if music was a competition

music isn't a competition, but hip-hop is

kendricks music is much more interesting at surface level he never dives full rappity rap

all of Kendrick's music is full rappity rap

Lmao at all these mainstream pop rappers.

Imagine thinking Lamar has good production

Ghostface Killah

kendrick weak bro. time to find another dick to suck, maybe someone more deserving this time.

lets settle this shit

Kendrick or Drake

strawpoll.com/8549er9

How many days until all the hypebeast gen z dick riders have their t-shirt's tucked in?

Drake btfo

Eminem shouldnt even be mentioned.

I hope nobody on Sup Forums seriously listens him.

Why the hate on DOOM. He inspired many artists, had a genre classic and is overall sick. Some of his more recent work is mediocre yes, but saying no one gives two fucks about him is pretty ignorant

who the fuck could argue that drake is better unless your argument is based on sales alone? He only had two good albums (take care and If you reading this...) and none of them are classics...Kendrick's reach and output is on a whole other level, he's like what Frank Ocean is to R&B while Drake is comparable to the Weeknd

What's with RTJ

the characters thing he does is a fucking retarded gimmick, his rapping is completely monotone, and he just rhymes a lot without saying anything.

He's technically skilled, I guess, but who cares?

>Doom does character thing

Kendick riders: what a fucking retarded gimmick

>DIS DICK AINN FREE

Kendick riders: HMMM REALLY MAKES YOU THINK CLEARLY THIS REFERS TO THE ALTAR OF WHITE SUPREMACY AND KENDRICK'S DESIRE NOT TO PIMP HIS CELEBRITY KENDRICK THE GOAT

this lmao, kendrick dickriders sound so ridiculous

Kendrick has a pretty good fucking discography. Section 80 is good, GKMC is great, TPAB is also great but DAMN. is actually worse than Section 80.

nah bro

Section 80 had much higher highs but also much higher lows and sometimes it's sickening to listen to

the characters that kendrick plays aren't gimmicky though, they are based on his surroundings and reflect our surroundings too, we resonate more with it

You just dont get it.

No, I hate Kendrick Lamar and MF DOOM.

>People ITT are actually hating on The Villain.
Despicable.

it's a good thing you didn't mention hip hop

>and reflect our surroundings too
maybe the surroundings of a gullible idiot

>Great artist and very talented rapper but who gives two fucks about some villian who makes obscure references.
No wonder why you think Kendrick "whiteboi" Lamar is one of the bests.

You mean technically. That doesn't change that the album is still better than DAMN.

That said, I must have the leak or something but the quality of DAMN. is fucking terrible.

>Sup Forums talking about rap like they're experts on the subject
>this are the same people that were probably listening to tame impala a couple of years ago

>Drake that high
The fuck is wrong with you cucks?

Excuse me?

GOAT producer working with GOAT MC

God Bless

I'm pretty sure Gucci Mane doesn't have a single album thats less than 40% trash, and this is coming from a huge Gucci fan

>Freddie Gibbs
>Make some more music

He has the same amount of studio albums as Kendrick, as well as a handful of mixtapes and EP's. Piñata is the best hip hop album of this decade by far, and the rest of his discography is on par with Kendricks albums.

can he play any instruments?

Earl is my favorite rapper but Doris is no where close to TPAB or GKMC. I truly believe Earl can drop a timeless project though

>AE is his worst album
I disagree. It wasn't the CRAZY AVANT-RAP MASTERPIECE people hyped it up to be but it had some great songs, unorthodox production, and overall was better than "dude twerk bangers lmao"

XXX is legitimately one of the best hip-hop albums of all time and is better than GKMC and TPAB

>XXX is legitimately one of the best hip-hop albums of all time and is better than GKMC and TPAB

LOOOOL

>the characters that kendrick plays aren't gimmicky though, they are based on his surroundings and reflect our surroundings too, we resonate more with it

>I PRAY MY DIH GET BIG AS DE EIFFEL TOWAH, SO I CAN FUCK DAH WORL FOR SEVENTY TWO HOUAH

>BITCH DON'T KILL MY VIBE, BITCH DON'T KILL MY VIBE

>GET A SWIMMIN POOL FULL OF LIQUOR AND U DIIIIIVE IN (but really drinking is bad guise)

>DA YAM IS THE POWAH THAT BE

It's almost like Kendrick only puts on a persona when he needs to drop a meme song for normies because most of his music as Kendrick is fucking boring.

Wu Tang is garbage.

Why are there two threads like this?

You Only Live 2wice is FG's only good album.

/thread

?

Hey yo.

nu Sup Forums losing faith in yeezy baka

bump

this is such a cringy album aesthetic, ironic or not.

Kendrick is the best hip hop artist by a fucking miles. It use to be "well we will see after GKMC" then he dropped TPAB, then it was like alright this nigga needs 3 good albums at least. Now he's right up there, he's proven himself 100% he's released 3 amazing albums in a row.

asap rocky did this last year

Wow man, 65 votes. Pretty impressive!

Kenny just barely tied up with this dude

Audiences love to hate

dawg....

>Old was pretty fucking atrocious, pun intended
nigga what?

are you just going to ignore
>old
>the return
>25 bucks
>gremlins
>dope fiend
>torture
>lonely
>clean up
>red 2 go
>float on

Kanye has a better flow then Kendrick. He has that swag that kendrick lacks sometimes

kanye has the same fucking flow in all his songs. Kanye is more experimental than Kendrick though Ill give him that.

Kanye level of production musically, visually, social consciousness and ability to change sounds every few years nearly flawlessly changing entire musical landscapes makes him the top GOAT. Kendrick can rap better but that's it.

Besides Kingdom Come, MCHG, and his albums with R. Kelly, I'd say Jay-Z has a very consistent discog, just a lot of good albums people ignore cause they're not his well-known classics like Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint.

Vol. 3: The Life & Times of S. Carter and American Gangster definitely deserve more attention than they get.

Kanye doesn't even write his own raps man cmon this is fucking blasphemy

This comparison confuses me. Frank Ocean isn't even as good as The Weeknd on a lyrical, sonic or commercial level, meanwhile Kendrick is much better than Drake on at least two (and the most ones).

>Kanye doesn't even write his own raps
Again with this meme?

desu piñata is the shit.
i really hope they make more music

These aren't arguments.

Nobody wants to compare their favorite rappers to RTJ, they make other actual GOAT contenders look real beatable.

Redman is so fucking underrated. Nobody's discussing him ever and that's sad.

Run the Jewels can't be that good, can they? I saw mu on these niggas' nuts when their first album came out. After that it seems like they completely disappeared here.

go back to /r/hhh or ktt whichever one of those u came from

fucking dustheads baka

Objectively Buhloone Mindstate is a better jazz rap album than TPAB

>implying he doesn't have three classics
>implying that at the very least he's not a GOAT technical rapper

>Kool Keith isn't the Goat
KK is too future for you plebs. It's going to take the rest of hip hop 25 years to catch up with
youtube.com/watch?v=fp4Twh0rgdg

I was going to read this thread but after this self righteous OP, I'd rather not waste my time.

I always thought Critical Beatdown was better than any of Keith's solo stuff, but maybe it's just because of its influence

UGK
Gucci Mane

wut

how do you manage to accomodate laaarge penussiz

It's just a different kind of thing. Dr. Octagon is on the same level and maybe more influential at this point.

El-P was the king of underground hip hop for over 10 years, godlike abstract producer and incredible MC. Funcrusher Plus, Little Johnny From The Hospitul, The Cold Vein, and Fantastic Damage are all hip hop essentials, and he's worked with every east coast indie darling from Aesop Rock to Das Racist. Definitive Jux was the most decorated indie label of the 2000s.

Killer Mike is lowkey the realest rapper in the game right now, absolutely nobody can fuck with him. Dude's a titan, he's got the quotable grandma wisdom of Andre 3000 and makes Kendrick look half asleep, and he's only gotten better. RTJ 2 and 3 make him sound like an alltime great.

kenny better than eminem ? lol

EL-P and Killer Mike are very good on their own, but RTJ is corny punchline garbage.

this is fucking horrible.

El-P was literally always corny, get real.

Def Jux probably would've blown up mainstream if it wasn't for The Chronic 2001 rebuilding the west coast gangsta scene from scratch, and allowing shit like G Unit and Terror Squad and Roc-a-fella (that's only half true since they were already established east coast by that point) a platform to operate on. Outside influence from the south didn't help either. El-P was one of the best underground producers no doubt but he was such a stiff rapper some times. Credit also goes to Black Star/Hi-Tek and People Under The Stairs for helping underground hip hop thrive during the rough patches in the late 90s

People like you destroyed hip hop
youtube.com/watch?v=5xFAkQtvk-Q

lil b released a mixtape just under six hours long. Kendrick could never touch that work ethic, i don't care how busy he is fist bumping obama

Lil B is great only because he's a fucking sociopath and that makes for good hip hop. He's the millennials Divine Styler