Is 23 too old for braces?

Is 23 too old for braces?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xx40hfHozBM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yup

not if the 23yo has fucked up teeth in need of straightening

Sort of, and not in the way you think as far as "socially acceptable". When you're a kid, you're able to take advantage of re-aligning your teeth and widening the pallet to your natural growth spurts, but when you're an adult and are no longer growing, you will pretty much have to wear a retainer indefinitely after braces to keep the teeth straight. Otherwise, they will just form back to where they were before you had the braces on anyways.

If you're male absolutely, if female no it's hot.

Not even 50 is too old for braces you insecure nigger

What? Everyone has to wear it otherwise it returns back... wtf u on about

I said when you are an adult. you either have the braces indefinitely, or you wear a retainer to "retain" the form the braces set the teeth to. You can still do it as an adult if you're that vain about your mouth's appearance, but if you don't wear that retainer, your teeth will go back and it will be a waste of money.

That applies to teens too.... not wearing it will fugg your teeth. Adult is no exception?

This is actually true. Did the invisiline stuff for months and then didn't do the retainer, they went all crooked on me again even though they were straight.

Teens & kids wear retainers regardless for a period of time after having braces, and then when the orthodontist checks their x-rays of your jawline and how your teeth have formed, they can eventually not use the retainer anymore. Adults don't get that luxury since they stop growing. All you're doing is pushing teeth around and they will naturally want to form back with the jaw (mind you, the jaw is bone, not cartilage)

Retainers are piss easy to wear tbf. Just slip on at night....

The point being made isn't about difficulty of wearing retainer, just that you'd need to wear one forever. If OP wants to have straight teeth and doesn't care about retainers, then OP should go for it.

Depends... do you have wisdom teeth still? I'm sure your orthodontist will tell you about risks of keeping them in if there's no room to correct the teeth.

Yeah yeah i get that. What about a 20 yr old, would they need them on forever

See this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Xx40hfHozBM

and no, that's not me, I just did a random search on the topic of adult braces.

u a dentist?

No but I am an adult and I don't have perfect teeth (not as bad as that guy's, but still not perfect), and I asked my dentist about a braces option. They told me what I told you, and simple google searches on the subject confirmed what he told me.

So u didnt take it because u were scared of wearing them on at night, wtf?

not at all, I just didn't want to have extra expenses of having to replace them from time to time, and extra time cleaning them along with my teeth for the rest of my life. If you want braces as an adult and the benefits outweigh the disadvantages of wearing a retainer, by all means go for it. For me, my teeth aren't crooked enough to really need it, so I wouldn't get the full benefit. Just wanted to give you the heads up in case you weren't aware that you'd need to wear the retainer indefinitely.

i'm 26 just got them, believe me nobody will give a fuck about it.
also just do it faggot, you've been asking this same question for weeks now.