Hey Sup Forums, just got some shit stolen out of my house, $1,000 guitar and $400 amp...

Hey Sup Forums, just got some shit stolen out of my house, $1,000 guitar and $400 amp. I know guitars and amps usually end up in the local pawn shops, so should I call them and tell them to hold any guitar they buy that matches mine, or will they be reluctant to do that because they paid the asshole who stole it money? I have the serial number of the guitar.

Bump

Need some help in an effort to possibly get my shit back.

Come on assholes, I know some of you have either stolen shit or had shit stolen.

just check out shops maybe you can buy them back

bump whilst I type.

File a police report with the stolen items serial numbers, get the paperwork, THEN go check the pawn shops.

Got a cop coming over in a little bit to file the report. Just give them the serial number? I also may or may not know who did it, but I only have their first name and a description of them, and they already had run ins with the police, but I'm not positive it was them. My fuckin' front door was just open this morning and my shit is gone.

The S number is usually good, but a description cant hurt. As for the suspected individual, no idea there. Best of luck.

Don't have any advice, but best of luck m8. I'd just give the police the details and then call the pawn shops as another person said. Probably your best bet

I had my PS3 stolen from my flat about 10 years ago now (fuck I'm old).
I was so enraged and the cops were useless.
I still had the box in my cupboard so I still had the no.
I set about tracking it down.
I called every pawn shop in the region and days later I received the a phone call back from a lad at cash converters.
He explained that he couldn't give me any info but asked me for my ps login name.
Oddly I obliged (I wouldn't now even though it was beneficial on this occasion)
He informed me that he thinks he's got it but it has to be passed on to the police.
Few weeks later the officer in charge of my case passed me on the name of the man who sold it.
Andrew Watson the Irish cunt who used to live in the flat above me until shortly before I was robbed.
Or probably the same day.
I received the PS3 back but it was broken but still under warranty so I sent it back for a referb.
No conviction was ever made

Fuck, turns out my god damn handgun is missing too. Don't think I have the serial number for that. I recall the pawn shop I bought it from though. Maybe they have the serial on file from when I got it.

At one point the bitch in charge of my case asked me if I knew who it could be and I said no.
She got really angry when she shared his name and I said I knew him and kinda blamed me?
She even made accusations about me having house party's all the time?
I did but surely that's not the point?
I didn't know people was allowed to rob you if you keep them awake on more that 1 occasion?

The fuck? I don't understand why they'd even get all personal about that, saying it was your fault. Just handle the case and fuck off.

That said, this may partially be my fault. I had a friend in my apartment complex who had moved a few months ago come to me last night saying he needed a place to crash with his girlfriend for the night, since they couldn't get the keys to their new apartment until the next day, and he'd give me 50 bucks after I let them stay the night. I wake up this morning and my shit is gone.

However, the mail doorknob bolt on my front door is busted, so if you don't use the top lock, it can blow the door open with the wind, which is a common occurrence with the retards I live with, so the door could have just been open because someone didn't bolt the top lock, and some cunt could have just seen it and waltzed right in.

I'm with you OP and offer all the help I can offer in tracking down the scum who robed you.
I know the feel, even if we did both ask for it. It doesn't make robbery right.
I've never felt so vialated as I did the day some prick had been pokeing about in my home.
I also posses some online skill that may be able to help OP if you can fire some names and details at me?

All I know is the guy's name is Eloy, he's a Mexican dude, and I live in the Portland Oregon area. Guy lived up here, had some run ins with the law relating to drunk driving and possession of weed before it was legal, then went down to California, and came back last night with the story I just gave you. It seems really weird if it was him, because he was super cool before and would randomly buy me beer and all that, and we'd just hang out.

Fire a tinychat into this inbox OP. I'm game for the hunt!

[email protected]

If you can prove that they are yours and you have a police report of the crims then they are legally required to return them to you. If they refuse then call the cops.

this

The 4 chan army shall MARCH TONIGHT! Even if I march alone...

Tinychat here

t839dm

Hitting the VPN

ffs been through so mans OS's.... This needs setting up again. Stay active fella, should be active in 10 min

So I called a few pawn shops and they said that their databases in terms of serial numbers are directly tied to the police, so if they receive anything with matching serials, or they already bought anything with the matching serial, they can get ahold of me. Hopefully I can get back at least my expensive ass guitar and handgun. Motherfucker also stole my DS that I just bought.

We're online buddy, stay active!

Hitting VPN now!

Fuckin' PS4 is gone too. Jesus fuck.

You see thieves usually don't sell shit to pawn shops well the smart ones. They always know a guy that can sell it for them somewhere far away. then gives the thieves a fixed rate. Or they sell it to someone on the streets or something.

I can't get in the tinkychat. Make a new one faggot.

/b0q3ro

I'm out!