"If you're too respectful of it [the Star Wars franchise]...

"If you're too respectful of it [the Star Wars franchise], that you dont dare do anything new or different or take a risk, then what are you bringing to the table?" -Gareth Edwards (director of Rogue One)

Is that a direct dig at JJ Abrams?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jXEMO_Zv_gQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Totally.
That's why I don't really like TFA, faggots didn't brought something new, it's the same shit as ANH.
I don't really know what Lucas was trying to do with the Phantom Menace, but at least he tried to tell something different.

Here's the vid where he says that too btw

youtu.be/jXEMO_Zv_gQ

Rogue One went too far, it doesnt even look like its set in the Star Wars universe. Fuckin beaches and shit

Pardon the food analogy incoming but I was ok with TFA being rather safe and middle of the road. It was a fresh scoop of vanilla ice cream after a decade without desert and three decades without something blended with sand granules and shit.

If anything, TFA made me appreciate the prequels.... and hate Abrams that much more

It looks better and more fitting than TFA.

> Fuckin beaches and shit
They don't have beaches in galaxies far far away?

>beaches that look like a trip in the Bahamas

Of all the complaints someone could have, being annoyed that there are tropical beaches somewhere in the Star Wars universe is baffling.

That looks like might be actually good.

TFA intentionally played it safe and purposefully pandered to the old fans. The whole reason that movie was even made was to convince people that they need to get onboard the incoming endless stream of Star Wars cashgrab joints and the first group they had to convince was the existing fanbase. You're actually delusional if you think that the director is in any way to blame for the final product in a massive production like this.

Shills...

Nah it's OK, I'm tired too.
My mother kind of said this, that is like a presentation of the story, showing new characters and all. But personally I think it's a totally waste of time. Aside from the characters, it is really the same formula of ANH, as the Imperial faggots literally built a new useless Death Star (seriously, after the rebel scum destroyed not only one but TWO turbo super expensive battle stations, it's fucking impossible for them to have the fucking resources to create AN EVEN LARGER ONE) with the same stupid weaknesses.

>Matte paintings

Nice

I don't know about the Bahamas, but it looked like he might be trying for some Vietnam war references.

We know that Rogue One is going to be more of a 'dirty space' movie than TFA, less bight and shiny and shit, so I'm guessing the beach will make for a nice juxtaposition, especially if there is some brutal fighting going on (which we Gerrera is going to be dishing out)

Wait, why wouldn't be beaches in Star Wars?

im hype for them AT-AT's

>sigur ros music

>what are you bringing to the table
>Vietnam war references

:|