Just finished this incredible show

Just finished this incredible show.
What did Sup Forums think of the last season and the ending in particular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XB_G68H67hY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Conflicted.

I'm on my second watch through, up to season six. I hope second time round it'll be up there with the season 3, 5 and 7 part 1 endings

You already made this thread

youtu.be/XB_G68H67hY

I feel somewhat the same. I really wanted to see Don work out his personal life and make peace with his past in the end. The ending made it seem like he will just keep on running from himself and his guilt forever.

I literally finished the show yesterday so no, I don't think so

I think Weiner intended for him to find peace, that's why he wrote the ad

Season 7 part 2 was a mixed bag for me. We had way too much joan, and too little of other characters.

That being said, I really enjoyed the finale and the series overall.

Why did Weiner forget to give Peggy anything to do?

I have no idea, hes usually competant with balancing a great amount of characters, but he dropped the ball on 7b

Ironically, Joan, who spent the entire series playing up her sexuality and encouraging other women to be obedient ended up being a financially independent business women who took her career over a relationship, whereas Peggy was a woman struggling to be treated equally in a man's world who ended up being some faceless corporate Sally with the only thing she was excited about being a relationship. Funny, eh?

As for Don its probably one of the greatest endings of any tv show, its dark and calculated.

Every other character got the fucking dinsey ending which is very odd and might even be intentional.

Weiner intended Don's to be DI sney as well, he sees it as a happy ending

Peggy's finale is her time with Roger and he finally walking into McCann. It was perfect.

Because even Weiner, try as he might, can't get around the fact that women just aren't interesting

The last season was absolute shit and the ending was terrible. This show should have just ended at season 4. Wiener's insistence on covering every year of the 60's and covering every little social problem turned this show into a mess.

Except it isnt? Don didnt change, he didnt find peace. He came back as the hard-calculating ad man and made a disturbingly effective ad.

Its like weapon manufacturer who goes into the jungle to find solitude and coming back with a new mass-murdering biological weapon he found in some snail.

I can't watch this without smoking cigarettes. ( ._.)

weiner doesn't see anything wrong with advertising.

I've noticed that the show becomes much funnier after a cig. Particularly Roger

Did Don create the Coca Cola Ad?

>it's a rodger blacks up episode

Loved it.

Pretty much every show out there is about somebody trying to fix their main character flaw, or find something within themself that changes them for the better.

That's where Don ended up - in a place where that was supposed to happen - but it didn't. Instead, the true peace all around him made him find the truth about himself; that he is an ad man. He was an ad man, he is an ad man and he will always be an ad man.

He shouldn't be ashamed, he shouldn't feel guilty; it shouldn't weigh on his consience and he should feel good about it. He should feel that he is ALLOWED to have these great ideas; that he is ALLOWED to be the best just for being the best, instead of trying to fight against something or someone, or trying to win a fight he can't win.

And that's how it ends. He accepts who he is completely, and at that very moment - that moment where he finally lets himself just be himself - he comes up with the greatest ad of all time. And he knows it.

What a show.

Yes

Quality post

More like the weapons dealer that accepts that a weapons dealer is what he is after feeling anguish over it. Then he goes and does the snail thing

The point of the group session was that Don realizes that everyone else felt just as isolated and frustrated about their place in the world as himself, right? So he decides to accept that he is Don Draper, to become a good person and sell the world his "company" trough advertising? Or am I taking it too literally?

No, you don't understand. Remember when Don hallucinated his father on the porch berating him and calling him a "bullshit farmer"? That's the source of Don's existential dread. That what he's dedicated his life to doesn't matter, that's he's nothing but a professional liar with a fancier title. He feels unfulfilled because he serves no meaningful purpose or greater good. He decides that what he does has meaning after hearing that one guy's monologue about dreaming that he's an item in the refrigerator that his family passes over. This speech is meant to personify the products Don sells as being grateful for his service. Just like the abused child Dick Whitman, these products want to be wanted and are powerless to make it so. But with Don's help they are seen for the beautiful unique creations they are. And that's how he finds inner peace: he realizes that he's not a prostitute or a bullshit farmer or a meaningless ad man. He's a miracle worker who helps people see the value in things that they would otherwise gloss over

My first ever post on Sup Forums. This thread was on the homepage, so I decided to stop in on my way to Sup Forums

Maybe I'll come back

>letting people be hedonistic is good

end your self

First:
When did I say that?

Second:
>Forcing people to exist within the restrictions mandated by an ancient ideology is good

Hey guys, I found a real free thinker over here!

peggy gets my dick hard desu

it's fuckin BULLSHIT that pete fuckin campbell got shitty s6 and s7 plots. especially after he was such a brilliant sad piece of shit in s5

there should've been an episode in every season where roger puts on blackface. it'd be like the requisite big battle ep in game of thrones

Pete had "The King ordered it!", which was definitely not a shitty scene

mad bump

Good post user. Please post on this board more regularly. Your input would be very welcome.

I'm not being sarcastic. Good Job m8. Posters like you and Finnerty Bro make this board worth coming to.

yeah, he had some good scenes and lines. I just thought the cartoony mom plot in s6 was weak, and he was kind of directionless in s7

you know that don loving to place products means he is pathetic ?

I disagree about Peggy. She was almost totally motivated by daddy issues. She was always trying to stand out to her male bosses.

Peggy a slut. Useless, ugly bitch. She should be thanking everyone along with Jesus for giving her another day.

áll women in this show are whores
this is why mad men is redpilled on women

I suppose you're right. Faye was okay.

she knows what she loves

Dawn was the most faultless female character in the show. Even after MLKJr. died she didn't take advantage of the situation and just wanted to work, which is funny because all the other women at the office needed to take the day off when fucking Marylin Monroe died iirc

Dawn was pretty based, user. Dawn and Faye are both worthy of respect.

I judge girls by if they like Joan or not IRL t b h .