This old article by Piero Scaruffi has won several international awards as the most professional analysis of the career...

>This old article by Piero Scaruffi has won several international awards as the most professional analysis of the career of pop group the Beatles ever written.
Where are these international awards, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/19991011082620/http://www.arularecords.com/pointofares/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To: piero scaruffi
This award denotes that this is: da most bestset annalissis of da beetlez on da internet EVER

Have you seen an actual scaruffidrone try and defend this one? It's pretty wild.

I've also never seen a Scaruffidrone try and defend the "age limits" essay, either.

He won the "NMC Award for Best Music Taste"

An award that mysteriously doesn't show up when you search for it

Did he literally make up a fucking award to give himself?

it's an obvious attempt at a joke. it's a mock self-aggrandizement for all of the attention and notoriety that essay has received relative to everything else on his site.

>age limits essay

good ol piero is lucky we are the only ones reading what he writes

see

the award was probably given by some irrelevant website that went offline in 1998

this
web.archive.org/web/19991011082620/http://www.arularecords.com/pointofares/

Holy kek, that's one of the worst defences I've ever seen against a topic

The worst part is there are legitimate arguments that could made on the subject, but Piero can only think "I want to fuck Joan of Arc." I have to assume he took the position before analysing the reasons, because they don't really add up.

Sure

Are there people who seriously think he isnt right?

Yes, mostly because he isn't right.

Childhood is loving the Beatles because everyone told you to.
Adolescence is hating the Beatles because Scaruffi told you to.
Adulthood is loving the Beatles because you independently examined their merits and realized that they actually were one of the best bands of all time.

Bowie died of cancer January 2016.

>capitalizing january
REE

>Bowie crooning melodramatic in Lazarus
>Dollar Days is either delirious and pathetic

Did he not realise he was literally dying of cancer in the making of Blackstar?

>he had cancer so it's good!!!

Bowie fans everyone

David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity.

Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.

I never said that, dickhole. I understand not liking the album, but calling the art of a dying man "melodramatic" and "pathetic" is completely disrespectful and bordering on being an asshole. I don't care if it was Bowie, that's an asshole thing to say

>bordering on being an asshole.
Scaruffi crossed that border a long, long time ago.

>Scaruffi won an award all because he called the Beatles overrated

He's so proud of that review that he shoehorns it into other reviews whenever he can