It's literally about transphobia

It's literally about transphobia

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XWxyRG_tckY
variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-finale-duffer-brothers-interview-season-2-1201816664/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoanalytical_film_theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

no

best meme 2016

Nah

How much money do you think the SJeWs are going to throw at the creators of this to make Elle trans?

How?

Boy called a 'fag' disappears, meanwhile a girl with shaved head escapes from lifetime of imprisonement and replaces the boy in his group of friends.
Boy appears again after the girl vanishes.

haha lmao get fucked m8

what does the monster represent? The labratory? MK ULTRA?

Wheres transphobia in this?

It represents the third world and the desire for a better life in a prosperous nation

#NotAllMonsters

People want to contain the girl and bring back the boy?

El clearly preferred being a pretty girl, and had feelings for Mike.

Her head being shaved served as a plot device to make Hop think he was tracking down Will at first.
It also made sense within the story, as she was often wearing that EEG device on her head.

What is it? Altered States the remake?

Stranger Things

youtube.com/watch?v=XWxyRG_tckY

i'll play along the meme: the transphobia was calling her weirdo half a dozen times every episode. its in the social pressure that pushed the little boy to go "in hiding" and he's very good at it. it's in the well meaning attempt at feminizing the girl that ultimately they figured was wrongheaded. i am probably missing out some other stuff. it'S an interesting lecture of the story even if it was not intended as such.

And then girl sacrifices herself to help the boy.

Are you saying the show is transphobic?

haha yes that's the most to-the-point answer . they wanted to contain her at any cost , as if it was the entire society that was in danger if she was out there.

... in a poetic reading , like we are doing, the boy is the girl.... so her sacrifice is denying her identity, her being out there, to bring back herself back as a boy and save the status-quo.

No, they didn't want to contain her.

They wanted to control her. Not because the society was in danger. But they wanted to spy on Soviets.

You dumb fucks.

another thing: her passing years in a lab could be the equivalent of years of therapy and treatment with medication/hormones to "normalize" her into a male identity . that would explain the feeling of alienation, neglect, never be heard, never using her voice even if she can talk, coming from a prison-like bad place.

control, contain... i could have used the word control too. the spying on soviets: window dressing , a substitute for "to their ends". doesnt matter what their end is... so you might as well say what i said : maintain the status-quo. i am not dumb i am having fun and you mad as hell

No, you couldn't. Those words are not synonymous.

>doesn't matter

Yes it dose matter. Otherwise you just take what fits your theory and disregard what doesn't.

>fire hurts the creature but it just jumps back into the other world when shit gets hairy
>sustained machine gun fire doesn't even scratch it
>only El managed to kill one, and the process vaporized both
>there's more creatures, and they can just waltz into our world as long as they're aware it exists
>the lab rift is still there

How fucked are everyone in S2?

Will is gonna be able to shadow walk in S2.

>its in the social pressure that pushed the little boy to go "in hiding"
What? It was a fucking monster dragging him into another dimension that pushed him into hiding.

Xenu.

Xe is a gender pronoun.
Nu - new.

Many of our female politicians are actually Trans. They are coming back!

oh ... and you think they allow her to live freely, be free? how is that not containment. fuck, how old are you anyway. i bet i argue with a wee kid

monster is social pressure, i established that. god damn how about understanding shit at a SECOND DEGREE. can'T you do that? ever heard of irony?

Xen means alien, m80.

The fourth wall is coming down!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHY DID THAT SLUT CHOSE CHAD IN THE END

FUCKING BULLSHIT I TELL YOU

Because Chad was a pretty cool dude. I marathoned the entire first season with my brother, and we both unanimously agreed that he was the best character.

Because he redeemed himself and Jonathan was too beta to make a move.

She clearly has feelings for Jonathan though. Gotta keep that love triangle going to draw viewers in next season.

> understanding shit at a SECOND DEGREE
You can't just make shit up and go "hurrrr I understand it better than you!

Yes, they are. But they are neither male or female, but some sort of synthesis. Basically, Vishnu.

wait a sec... hol up...

THEN WHO WAS PHONE???

Steve was sort of weak and let the two worst people in the town influence him. Whenever they weren't around, he was an okay guy, like most semi-bullies who orbit around a head bully.

Also he has best hair

ad hominem. victory by forfeit.

You didn't establish shit you nigger. You can make up stuff that fits better than your rambling.

FUCKING CHADS CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

I HOPE HE DIDN'T REALLY PENETRATE HER YET

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Will was phone.

he is basic. doing the tom cruise song, pls. also he's one smug pepe. the satisfied face he made when his gf gave freakboy a new camera, while sporting a fucking ugly christmas sweater. he tried to make amends and get in touch with his feelings, ditch his miserable friends so that's some steps in the right direction. can surprise you with being a standup guy as much as fucking let you down. but he's not "cool".

>season 2

not gonna happen and should not happen. it would be terrible. unless they go the true detective route of anthology and give us something completely different it should be left as is.

so is the x-men

>not gonna happen

The creators seem pretty confident that it is based on interviews, and seeing that the show is getting strong word of mouth and critical praise across the board it wouldn't really surprise me.

no

you are the one who called me/us "dumb fucks" upthread so you can really fuck off with your crying ad hominem on Sup Forums. Last time i address this: ever heard of movies who use a MONSTER as a SYMBOL for SOMETHING THAT IS NOT A MONSTER, to make a SOCIAL COMMENTARY? we are doing this right here and it works rather well even if its probably accidental from the pov of the director.

>trying this hard to ruin a decent show

fuck off to reddit or /lgbt/ or just kys

In an interview they said there was only the one monster

>Ross: There’s a lot there we don’t know or understand. Even with the Upside Down, we have a 30-page document that is pretty intricate in terms of what it all means, and where this monster actually came from, and why aren’t there more monsters — we have all this stuff that we just didn’t have time for

variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-finale-duffer-brothers-interview-season-2-1201816664/

Huh. I thought the hatched egg, the alien-style worm things and the monster at the end not having burn marks meant that there was more than one. Guess the worms are a different thing, then.

None, sjws don't buy things.

that would be just dumb, too much on the nose.

>a white kid, a white kid, a white kid, a black kid

>no asians, no muslims, etc.

this show will not keep that high rating for too long

it's the eighties in a small town, do you expect immigrants and chinks to be there?

>it works rather well even if its probably accidental from the pov of the director.
Aka headcanon.
Stop projecting

monster = self-loathing generated by an unacepting community
the laboratory = years of therapy to normalize her
mk ultra = same as the lab, scientist branch of society/normiehood to make sure to prevail in the face of perceived adversity. ironically enough we are waging a cold war against trans in a way and how will it end? just like the real one, not with a bang but a whimper. nobody gives a fuck about the slavs these days, they are merely a meme.

Oh lord, you poor diseased degenerates. KYS

fuck off any make Matrix 4 already

No, she's autist.

headcanon eh, that's an interesting point to bring. Can we talk about what's in a movie that was not consciously put there by the makers? like a psychoanalytical perspective ? any film theory dudes in here? i think a film is an object like any others and we can use different methods to shed lights on it, with different levels of success of course.

It's literally about MKULTRA, remote viewing and the many worlds theory

It's called "Death of the Author" you dumb fuck, if you want to peddle your garbage at least inform yourself a bit.

frankenstein is literally about a monster made of dead body parts brought back to life and going out of control. its not about the anxiety at techno scientific progress that could go out of control. vampires are literally about killing ladies by sucking their blood under the cover of the night, its not about the anxiety around first sexual intercourse. etc etc

what are you even talking about. there are many film theories out there. you bring one concept and want to .... what... swing your big dick around to close the discussion?

fuck off

I hate people who are smart enough to start dressing things in bullshit but are too dumb to realise it's bullshit

You fuckers need to look up the meaning of "literally" in a dictionary

Oh yeah and Frankestain is a copy of Golem which is about man becoming God and Adam

While Vampires are about rabies and not letting wild animals eat corpses.

I'm educating your dumb ass.

>Other films are about X
>Therefore this is about X

>jonathon
>search up the actor
>In 2009, at the age of 15 Heaton became one of Yorkshire's upcoming stars of boxing after going undefeated in 6 fights. He later went on for a 7th fight but unfortunately was knocked out in the first round by Philip Ebert a.k.a the flying Hobbit, a young German superstar in the making. Heaton then hung up his gloves and concentrated on his acting career.

>expecting Sup Forums to understand the things they're watching
These people think fictional universes must adhere to our own rules or else they're "unrealistic". What exactly do you want from them?

to me you look like the ignorant one. with your one (1) thing that you bring : death of the author, la dee da. you dont even elaborate how this idea could be use to understand that series.
and how about your own education en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoanalytical_film_theory

Frankenstein is more about being a parent

oh look, another dumb niggers seeing things that aren't there

>headcanon eh, that's an interesting point to bring. Can we talk about what's in a movie that was not consciously put there by the makers

aka "Death of the Author", if you want to peddle idiotic theories in the future it will help you immensly

department of "energy" pls go, I know what I saw

oh look , another literalist fanboi aka autistic bore. imagine these guys try to navigate their ways in social life while not being able to understand second degree and things that are unsaid. HI WOO WEE . ETSUBATSU.

how about en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoanalytical_film_theory eh, care to address this. you lazy cunt. on second thought fuck your ignorant opinions.

Be happy I tough you something so you can shit-post harder next time

i try to open up the discussion and what do i get a samefag who keep insulting and repeating the same shit.

i knew about death of the author probably before you had hairs on your wiener.

also it just occurred to me: WHEN I WROTE "Can we talk about what's in a movie that was not consciously put there by the makers?" IT WAS A FUCKING RHETORICAL QUESTION YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC BORE AHAHA
jeez way to prove my point, lil shithead. rhetorical question, do you know the meaning of this?

This was a throw back show it was about a time before trannies existed.

what is this fuckin' pretentious mumbo jumbo shit, lmao.

"""""""""academics""""""""" amirite?? fuck off leftist cucks.

there is no fuckin' meme agenda, it's about MKultra. deal with RETARDS

Netflix doesnt do 1 seasons shows and its a SAFE hit everywhere Ive seen it discussed.

It most certainly is. Whether or not its a continuation is what is in doubt but I personally think they would be stupid to waste these child actors.

It's a stretch, but it fits.

Then who was monster?

right wing trump loving dumbass rednecks of Sup Forums and Sup Forums, it just fits

>every fucking actor in this show is british

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

This comment really made me think.

>early 1980s midwest
>"people" of color

I don't fuckin' care what year it is in the show. it's 2016 here, so umm... hello? they need to show respect to other races

>everything has to have some agenda behind it

You people are fucked in the head, get help

Welcome to Sup Forums. I love you.

>what is the fear of the outsider
>what is reverse-colonization
>what is psychoanalysis

t. A Sup Forums poster who frequents Sup Forums and things he is actually very clever and better than other people while being extremely ignorant, so pretty much just a redneck

t. pseudo-intellectual tumblerina with a holier-then-thou attitude

>holier-then-thou attitude

aren't you the one who actively tried to shut down the discussion by calling everybody a dumb fuck? i for one started to contribute in the thread respectfully just like i would have elsewhere online where we can have an intellectual discussion . i try to open up the discussion by bringing different POV and i listen to the POV of people who disagree with me and see if what they say can be integrated for a clearer, richer understanding. you : you insult , shrink with labels and think your job is done. who got the shit attitude?

i call it the self-loathing that comes with being called a fag. why does the monster kill randomly at one point? i guess because of the resentment at the society that reject him/her. sort of like what happened in orlando, or similar cases.

Because you are a fucking retard.

What basis do you have to postulate this transphobia gibberish?

11 identifies as a girl, is a girl, is seen as a girl by others, actually wants to be a girl, enjoy feminine things.

Your whole basis is HER FUCKING HAIRCUT, seek professional help.

>tfw you will never be one of those faggots who projects social agenda's and politics into media, ruining their own experience

thank god

I bet you homos said the same thing about under the skin.

>why does the monster kill randomly at one point?
At what point does it kill randomly?

It's always shown to either kill and eat prey or presumably use it's victims as incubators for it's young.