How can Kanye save Kanye?

He has lost the rap game to Kendrick right now. He needs to get his shit together and release another masterpiece.

Other urls found in this thread:

hotnewhiphop.com/drake-has-spent-400-consecutive-weeks-on-the-hot-100-news.27816.html
hiphopdx.com/news/id.40581/title.drake-smashes-apple-music-record-with-1-billion-views-streams
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DAMN. was underwhelming and Ye is taking his time cooking up another game changing masterpiece.

what happened with him anyway? last I heard he canceled all his concert after promoting trump then last I saw him in public was meeting with trump.

He was admitted to a mental hospital for exhaustion by Los Angeles law enforcement and has since deleted his Trump tweets.

Between his mental breakdown and Kim being robbed at gunpoint I hope his next album is going to be MBDTF level, I'm tired of people disrespecting Kanye and downplaying his talents.

>another

him and kendrick don't even make the same music? how can you even compare them

TLOP was critically acclaimed and broke streaming records. The promo for that album was huge. His tour was doing well until his breakdown. He had a big 2016.

Since Yeezus, Kanye literally just books out a studio on a random weekend and hires all his best friend producers to make an album for him. He writes his lyrics on the plane ride there and that's about it. Yeezus and TLoP were both made in about 48 hours with the help of over 50 sound engineers, producers, writers, and guest features. Kanye is not whipping up anything as we speak. He's at home snorting cocain and eating Papa John's while watching Netflix reruns. Some time next year he'll get bored and decide to call up his friends and make a new album on a random weekend, and you'll probably jack off to it while reading it's Pitchfork review.

this

sounds cool tbqh

This, they took entirely different lanes and that's just fine

Way to miss the point.

Let's face it. His next album isn't coming out for years.

The best songs are written in minutes

His 2016 wasn't big enough, TLOP being critically acclaimed means nothing, niggas haven't fucked with Kanye since MBDTF because Yeezus was "too experimental".
The only song from TLOP that was actually popular was FSMH Pt1 and Pt2, and once people found out Panda was a full song people stopped caring about FSMH Pt2.
The long release and editing of the album didn't help either, most people don't even know about Saint Pablo.

In 2016 niggas was bumping Drake's third version of Thank Me Later over TLOP.

Kanye has nothing to prove, he will go down as one of the greatest both artistically and in terms of fame. He can take all the time he needs

Lol.

Rap Game BELONGS to Drake.
Bown down and kiss the Ring.

hotnewhiphop.com/drake-has-spent-400-consecutive-weeks-on-the-hot-100-news.27816.html

kendrick is more interesting politically but kanyes more interesting psychologically (emotions, personal relationships, being famous, etc and how those things effect the psyhe)

i heard famous and fade when i went out pretty regularly

Really? I only saw people talk about Fade cause they wanted to fuck Teyana Taylor in the ass.

>kendrick is more interesting politically
Being a retard is interesting?

I heard Famous, Waves, and Fade out at clubs all the time and almost every other cut at parties except FML

>TLOP was critically acclaimed and broke streaming records

Lol no.

More Life is critically acclaimed with 82 on Metacritic. TLOP is not.

VIEWS broke several streaming records. TLOP dont.
hiphopdx.com/news/id.40581/title.drake-smashes-apple-music-record-with-1-billion-views-streams

Kanye West is irrelevant.

Drake the goat.

>In 2016 niggas was bumping Drake's third version of Thank Me Later over TLOP.
No shit, Drake is the most popular rapper by a mile and 2016 was his peak. TLOP was still the second most popular male album of the year behind Views, with over 2 billion Spotify streams.

What political ideas of Kendrick Lamar do you find interesting user?

He needs to stop releasing garbage like TLOP. That's all.

actually it was kind of weird hearing tlop songs between poppy chainsmokers and weeknd tracks

You've never done cocaine, you don't fucking want papa johns on coke.

tlop got a 9 on pitchfork and before views came out tlop had huge streaming numbers. views was the bigger album but it's not like pablo flopped.

I liked TLOP but I see where others found fault in it.

>TLOP was critically acclaimed
Yeah but then again Pitchfork throws 9s or 10s at anything Kanye shits out just because it's Kanye.

delete this

808s got a 7.6
All other albums deserve 9/10 except tlop which just squeezed through at a 9.0

comparing Kanye to kendrick is silly. Kanye is far more transcendent. The crescendo on New Slaves alone packs a bigger punch than the entirety of Kendricks new album. Kendrick is a good rapper with solid flow and a humble demeanor. He seems cool. But surely you can't compare anyhting he has released to some classic kanye moments on his cohesive albums?

>last half of runaway
>beat break on family business
>chance enter on Ultralight beam
>last half of famous
>violin on guilt trip
>drop on blood on the leaves
>beat break and Rick Ross on devil in a new dress

Kendrick isn't really on the same level. Not really

he needs to reinvent the genre one more time then retire as the GOAT as all the other niggas follow suite for the next few years

i love Ye but this made me kek

Kanye never left the rap playground, his verses are embarassing and his delivery amateurish. Then again, Kendrick is nobody, just some company rapper with a lot of marketing and no point.

Never going to happen. Kim is a leech.

You think Kim is the leech? Lol

If Saint or North die in some freak accident and he manages to not go absolutely insane and kill himself, he will make the greatest sad/heartbreak album of all time completing what he set out to do on 808s

Just looking at the tracklist for TurboGrafx16 I can see it shaping up to be this extraordinarily grandiose album with all sorts of left-field ideas.

Like, a song titled Super Mario Galaxy 2 pretty much HAS to evoke these pretty transcendent feelings. A track like that, Kanye could make "space rap" a thing. If not, then what's the point of it all lol

That being said, it's kind of saddening that this "leaked" tracklist most likely won't be the final one. I would pay a whole half year's salary to hear Kanye tracks named Rabbids Go Home, Pikmin 2, Silent Hill, etc. and I'm barely fucking joking.

people talking about these people as if they are relevant to anything other than pop music listened to by children.
they only get attention because the children tell their parents to buy this garbage on itunes.

What the fuck, have you ever even heard a Kendrick Lamar track user?

>another
>implying that he's ever made a masterpiece or even worthwhile album

Quit lying user.

Pretty much this.

I have NEVER, for a single moment, ever understood why common people like pretty much everyone who browses the fuck site would give a fuck about famous person's life. Unless they know them in anyway, we are an insignificant speck to them as much as they are an insignificant speck to me.

Millennials are fucking retarded as shit, my nigga.

i agree my man. I just really want ONE MORE ye album at least. TLOP was pretty good but also had alot of weak point imo. I want a super left-field album and artistic album. That spacerap idea could be incredible.

There is no tracklist

>millennial meme

Celebrity culture has been a thing for hundreds of years fuck face

youtube.com/watch?v=DGpFo0US1Ko

True. Time spent doesn't make art.

It is a millennial meme, you stupid fuck. Thanks to social media like Facebook, twatter, Instashit and all other garbage out there I'm forced fed details of people's lives that are completely irrelevant to anything. I bet you're a celebrity shit eater and follow them too lmao.

This.
He probably ran out of creativity and just drops half-assed music to stay relevant enough to sell his homeless clothes.

Kanye is currently making My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy part 2, which will DRASTICALLY change hip-hop and make Kendrick Lamar look like a fucking soundcloud rapper.
Kanye is the goat. Yeezus and TLOP were troubled records, yes, but Kanye just needed to condition his fans for his upcoming project.

>mfw listening to Graduation

/thread

all true but nigga yeezus wasnt even "troubled"

This. It's the tough pill to swallow but it's true.

>He writes his lyrics on the plane ride there and that's about it. Yeezus and TLoP were both made in about 48 hours with the help of over 50 sound engineers, producers, writers, and guest features.

TLOP was like 7 years in the making, the No More Parties in LA beat was from MBDTF sessions.
Kanye is nothing less than a perfectionist which is why there was such a long gap between Yeezus and TLOP and there were edits even after the album's release.
It's why there were so many demos that didn't make the cut, New Angels, God Level, All Day, Only One, I Feel Like That, Fall Out of Heaven, Waves with Chance.

Yeezus being somewhat rushed was an outlier, fuck off.

>a humble demeanor.
Can you be humble and pretentious? He said his own album should be taught about in college courses.

>Super Mario Galaxy 2
>Rabbids Go Home, Pikmin 2, Silent Hill

That was a list of games to sample, not a tracklist, dumbass. Holy shit.

>Yeezus and TLOP were troubled records
Yeezus is his best album.

By Kanye standards, it was troubled. If we look at music as a whole, yes it's probably a 8.4/10, but when looking at Kanye closely, you know he could have gone farther.
I agree, in due time though people will recognize that Kanye is nothing short of a musical messiah.
I can't enjoy Yeezus knowing Kanye was purposefully holding himself back just so he can unleash all his potential in MBDTF2.

>I can't enjoy Yeezus because of something I made up in my head

>one song has an old beat
>whole album is 7 years in the making

yeah, that's how it works.
Altogether TLOP was seven years in the making.

It was never specified what it was dipshit. Hence the speculation, even if it makes more sense for it to be a sample list.

replace songs 'titled' with songs 'sampling' and wow, my point still 100% stands

This
Kendrick isn't interesting at all

kanye is a dadrap superstar and will continue to do his thing. Kendrick may be the new nasal rap king putting out m. night shamalon concept records but there's room for both to exist.

Pablo was 1000 times better than anything Kendrick has released

I want older (40+) Brian Wilson to fuck my tight ass boipucci.

Fucking this