How do I stop smoking weed Sup Forums?

How do I stop smoking weed Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-oqO4eceqhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Smoke weed erry day

Start drinking booze. I swapped weed (and coke, lsd, shrooms, etc etc) for just plain good old fashion alcoholism after serving 4 years for possession and intent to sell (didn't sell, I just bought tuff in bulk..)

try /r/leaves, I've tried stopping, but for me I still feel like I need it for insomnia and depression, I switched to a vape, started making edibles and taking CBD, but have cut down a lot
Start exercising more or find a hobby to fill your time, I'm gonna start cycling more and going to bjj classes, and slowly wean off it until you can think before you smoke "do I really need to smoke right now?"
All the best

I stopped because it was making my anxiety go way to crazy. Plus I can't deal with most people while high. I'm just not a social person on it. And I do to many retarded mistakes while high.

no reason to stop smoking weed

its called low thc high cbd pure indica fuck tard

Vaporize it

You dont

Just stop. I don't see why people struggle. It's fucking weed. I've gotten more cravings from alcohol than weed. Honestly weed is the easiest drug to put down, next to serotonergic psychedelics.

This.

Also tell prison stories. Did you get cornholed by niggers?

I've been trying for years to stop, it's just not possible for me anymore. I'm destined to be a weed junkie

Stop buying it and smoking it.

You know for a bunch of stoners that keep preaching that weed isn't addicting you sure do sound like you are addicted.

Fucking this.

Source: used to be a stoner and weed is addictive

Nope no niggers, no dropped soap.
>Saw a couple brawls, a stabbing and a guy getting his eye popped.
>Cellmate was a white dude like me, ex military, busted for selling coke.
>Buddies, no problems.
>He sings real good, lot's of Cash and Nelson.
>Niggers in the block hates him.
>Drank some horrible pruno. Fuck that.
>Worked out a lot.
Pretty much all of it.
West Tennessee S.T done and served. Never going back though.

>West Tennessee S.T
S.P. Fucking phone correction bullshit.

yep. agreed

Of course it fucking addictive, I smoked for over 15 years before ending up in the slammer.
Spent a good 2-3 months just dreaming of that shit before it passed.
Not as bad as coke though. Fuck me..

Get out.

Good call man, watch the drinking and driving too, considering your record. Stay safe.

Take hypnotherapy or a hobbies.

youtu.be/-oqO4eceqhQ

Just stop....I smoked weed everyday for 13 years and quit no problem it ain't rocket appliance stop making excuses

Why? :(

Yep, live out in the boonies now here in Tennessee where I was born and raised. Done with drugs, done with jail. Never drive drunk.

Thankfully you people realize that weed is addicting. I was trying to tell my stoner friends that it is addictive and they were like "Well you know there are many studies in which they said is not addicting at all. It is the safest drug in all of existence"

kill urself

Safe to say I was like them back in the day. I even refused to believe I was addicted to the white stuff.. I think anything that gives you a high/buzz in anyway is addicting.

Ya psychologicaly it is but there isn't a physical dependence

The psychological component is the important one in any addiction.

weed is not *physically* addictive.
Its a mental thing.

Except there is, because changes in behavior are observed in avid users who stop smoking. Changes include irritability and lowered cognition and usually last 3 weeks.

For sure but anything can be psychologicaly addicting physical plays a big role with things like opiates

That would be psychological

I simply ran out and didn't buy anymore. Also tossed out my pipes so I couldn't micro-dose with .2 or .5 gram weed I found lying around.

Iv done nearly every drug under the sun,
Got addicted to many things. was able to come off everything by myself. But weed for me is impossible to give up. I went to a 5 week detox program and then they wanted to put me in a 5month rehab, and that scared me to death so i bailed and gave up weed for 7 months straight, then started smoking a few months ago again due to stress,anxiety and depression. :(

After 8 years I don't even get high anymore unless I take LONG breaks.

My buddy is dropping off another quarter tonight actually.

But the biggest problem of mine is I don't get as high as I used to!

I think that should be reason enough to quit. After a few months I need to take a few months off, just how it goes.

I'm a stoner and yes, weed is absolutely addictive.

Addiction Medicine guy here
Physical addiction is something that is overcome in a months time. It is true it is terrible, the racking pains, nausea and sensitivity to light is shitty and can even cause death. However the Mental dependency, the constant intrusive thoughts about the drug, the blunted affect and the feeling of boredom or in-completion without the drug, can last a life time. You literally rewire your brain. If you smoke while you are still under the age of about 23 you will stunt your brains development. It isn't too major but it is giving yourself a lifelong handicap.

Pot is safer than most drugs, but it triggers the addiction mechanism and you will find something to replace it to give it up, be it harder drugs, alcohol, at risk behaviors, hyper-sexuality, gambling and what have you. It does nobody any good to pretend pot is 100% harmless.

They did a test years ago, I'm going to try and find it. They had normal men and drug addicts in a room hooked up to head electrodes and a tumescence monitor . A little rubber band dealy around their dicks. They showed them random images of men, women, cars, food and drugs. The control group men would trigger strongest for the women and sometimes cars. The addicts would show less activity but spike hardest for images of their preferred drug. I don't mean they all popped woodies, but there was increased blood flow to the penis. The reward centers of their brains have been changed from the evolutionary wanting of an attractive mate and symbols of social status. Instead they were driven to the drug, even if the addict had been sober for years.

>just stop
XD

It doesn't matter what it is, anything that becomes a part of your routine is hard to put down.

Stop jerking off. Just stop. It's so easy.

Psychological becomes physical. I stopped after 10 years of daily use, sleeping and eating almost had to be completely relearned. The only thing I could eat for just north of a week were apples.

>Addiction Medicine guy here
>can even cause death

Fuck off, dumbass. Alcohol and benzo withdrawals can cause death, but opiate withdraw can't.

Alcoholic benzo addict here. In your professional opinion, how fucked am I?

Never mind. I misread. The other faggot is the alleged professional.

Put it down for an extended period and take just one hit afterwards and trust it. Mind Blow. We abuse the Fuck out of cannabis currently, in most cultures.

Shit feel bad for you I slept way better and ate like a champ.

Opiate withdraw can't
Lol back to primary school

i feel like im on the road to being addicted to benzos. been taking "xanax" or some sort benzodiazepine almost everyday for at least 2 weeks. maybe a month. before this i was drinking heavily. why do benzos have to feel so good :(

this is false. psychologically, it's no different from acholosim

Just stop buying it, honestly. Find something else to distract you if you're addicted (exercise, video games, writing, etc.)

no acholosim you can die from withdraw weed you can not.

OP the way I did it was sell or give all my shit away. After about a month I was ok not doing it.

You don't son.
Enjoy natures finest herb.
Live long and prosper.
Peace out.

I went from smoking 2 grams a day for 5 years to now 2 months without any. Now if I try smoking i hate it and understand why i was so depressed and paranoid. The withdrawal is real, anyone who says it isn't never smoked alot of weed but doesnt last longer then a few days. Now I'm happier, more confident and have way more energy

>Now I'm happier, more confident and have way more energy

NA

you dont

With me I'd crave the initial high that lasts 20 minutes, then your stuck dealing with the 2-3 hours of feeling like a hazy retard. Just going to get gas feels like climbing a mountain when your stoned.

I've smoked almost everyday since I was fifteen and I stopped a couple years ago. I just felt like I needed a break and was struggling with mental health when I quit. Mental health is fine now, but I can't say I feel any better after quitting. Just indifferent.

It's pretty easy to quit op, just gotta convince yourself to want to stop. It's not like quitting tobacco or other drugs at all.

I just thought that last little bit sounded like something from a baldness commercial lmao

I've taken tolerance breaks before, It does make you feel better but not as good as No Fap.

Disagree. I can go months without weed and don't miss it, but struggle to go one week without booze.