Just heard both today. Obviously one is better

Just heard both today. Obviously one is better.

Discuss.

I'm just now realizing J. Cole made Kendrick's album a year before he did

Nothing to discuss, you have shit taste.
for your eyez is the most middle of the road, generic uninteresting and boring album to release in recent memory.
pruned/

sshhhh. we cant let people know that j. cole is great.

>DAMN. is the most middle of the road, generic uninteresting and boring album to release in recent memory

agreed

lol nu/mu/ so assmad at DAMN.'s great reception that you're bigging up other rappers and albums that we all know are terrible in spite, it's quite sad tbqh

You're joking right, whitey? Yeah you are. DAMN. had good themes and lyrical content but Eyez did it so much better. Fuck outta here.

another KING KUNTA KENNY dickrider who would rate him breathing on track 9/10 nothing to see here

This shit.

I agree OP

No argument.
Not a single even remotely interesting idea or concept was expressed in the entirety of For your eyez, it was forgettable, and boring, filled with struggle bars, and basic flows.

Not even a pinch of creativity or originality, whilist kendrick gave us FEAR. PRIDE. and XXX.

You're objectivly wrong.

Quality-wise

Drake > Kendrick > J. Cole

Sales-wise

Drake > J. Cole > Kendrick

Good Kid Maad City > Born Sinner > DAMN > 2014 Forest hills > TPAB > 4Your Eyz Only > Cole World > Section80

If you are in this thread shilling for the J Cole album you need to neck yourself asap

1/10 bait friend

?AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA

of course it's the same namefag with this disgustingly terrible opinions

he's right you mindless simpletons

His objectively wrong

Vile

>complaining about forgettable beats in eyez while implying damn. doesn't suffer the same
>complaining the themes and ideas of eyez are not interesting considering both share similarities
>implying the creativity in damn. isn't akin to kanye's tlop; it fell flat as fuck

w e w l a d. i bet you also like tlop you massive pleb

shit bait nigga

yep. One is a modern classic conscious hip hop concept album that touches on haters, police brutality, blackness, and the life of the artist and the other is a fucking dud from Kendrick Lamar.

Of course he's a fucking whigger

Considering how vivid, interesting and different each beat is? while most of eyez sounds exactly the same?

What makes DAMN interesting is not present in eyez

Singles songs on damn are more creative and interesting then jcoles entire discography

wewlad you got nothing.

You can see the drastic quality difference when 4YEO was forgotten about within a week and DAMN is generating half the discussion on Sup Forums

The intro to 4YEO and Change are still amazing though.

this is unironically the only sensible post itt

This.

None of J. Cole's album has ever been talked to the same extent as Kendricks. Not one. 2014 Forest Hills was better than Eyez but no one talks about it either.

nigga, just delete your Sup Forums account

be real you fucking white cucks.

neither of these albums are as a good as each artist's previous entries.

they both weak af. deal with it

It says I need to confirm with my email but I can't remember my password. I think I'll just stay logged in as I have.

this. Also applies to Kanye and Chance

It's because kendrick stans are desperate for validation

you can't compare them with their previous entries when they're conceptually and sonically different, you dumb nigger

>you can't compare them with their previous entries when they're conceptually and sonically different, you dumb nigger

just did you pastey bitch. what you gonna do lmao. damn. and eyez are shit. deal with it

The beats on eyez are forgettable, anyone can spit on them

Most of the tracks on DAMN. can't even be simplified to a hip-hop 'beat', they're curated for Kendrick and they switch up. Most interesting production on a hip-hop album since TPAB

Again, the beats on DAMN. are akin to TLOP; tries too hard and fails. TPAB did it much better with it's jazz infused beats versus DAMN.'s pseudo-trap and experimentalism.

I unironically unironically agree with this

>Most of the tracks on DAMN. can't even be simplified to a hip-hop 'beat', they're curated for Kendrick and they switch up
Most of them are straight-up pop trap beats, lmao
Do you dickriders ever take a minute to listen to yourselves?

>new album doesn't sound like the artist's magnum opus
>IT'S SHIT

that's a fair way to evaluate every album and it's totally not retarded. I bet you like to listen to ignorant trap music cause you can't tell the difference with each track

kendrick sounds like a prepubescent nigglet

I don't understand why people shill kanye and this degenerate so much.

>liking j cole

So does Sup Forums secretly like 4 Your Eyez Only now or is this contrarianism? The overall consensus when it was released was "meh." Personally, I think 4YEO is sort of ok, but that's mostly because I'm a sucker for lo-fi jazzy production.

They're both pretty unique in their genre.

Nigger please kill yourself your taste in art is miserable and disgusting

>contrarianism

Neither of these niggas albums hold a candle to their older ones. If I were to pick between either "meh" album I'd pick Cole's because his at least is a concept album with more relatable, human themes even if the beats aren't lit af.

NEPHEW