Ethiopia is build a reservoir dam on the Nile river

>Ethiopia is build a reservoir dam on the Nile river
>when complete it will take 1/3 of the water getting to Egypt
>even now Egyptian agriculture struggles to support itself and Egypt imports crops from abroad
>if Egypt loses 1/3 of its water supply there will be unprecedented hunger and starvation
>Egypt will most likely declare war on Ethiopia
>There will be literally millions of people fleeing the starvation in Egypt

Are you ready too see perhaps the largest wave of migrants ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Ethiopian_Renaissance_Dam
hydroworld.com/articles/2017/03/ethiopia-says-planned-attack-on-grand-ethiopian-renaissance-dam-stopped.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just looked on google and they actually imprt food.

What the actual fuck egypt.

We can take them.
It's or duty.

So egypt is allowing them to do that? Ethiopia is like 2.5 countries south of egypt, i dont get how this works

There are things called 'freedom fighters' to bomb the project.

No country is crazy enough to take such amount.

If theoretically Egypt loses 1/3 of its food production, and 1/3 of the population tries to flee, that's some 27 million people we're talking about... In comparison the entire population of Sweden is 9.6 million.

Good thing we completed our wall with Egypt in 2013.

I read somewhere that this also negatively impacts Somalia too

Maybe the Egyptians will arm some Somalis to attack Ethiopia

We are strong.
Together we can make it.

will it be considered first water conflict

>egypt war on ethiopia

damn imagine the mental state of the WEWUZ, their "ancestral homelands" fighting with each others.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Ethiopian_Renaissance_Dam
>opening date: july 2017
Can't wait for the shitshow

>not having food means they have to flee Egypt
there is this thing called trade where you move goods from one place to another

Blocking such routes would also negatively affect Egypt's economy, when one of its main industries is agriculture. This is a dick move from Ethiopia.

Based Ethiopia

Arabs btfo.

OGADEN

What the fuck, i thought egypt was the breadbasket of /Mena/? we must wipe out the subsarans

You must be trolling

Doesn't Japan do it as well?

Is the Ethiopian army strong enough?

>if Egypt loses 1/3 of its water supply there will be unprecedented hunger and starvation
No there won't.
There is a huge overproduction of food in the developed world, the EU throws away a bazillion tons of food every year because of overproduction caused by the agricultural subsidies.
The developed world already feeds a ton of African countries that don't have enough agriculture to feed themselves and we are actually prevented from exporting even more food because otherwise the farmers in those poor countries wouldn't be able to compete with their own produce.

Well, Japan is a tiny mountainous island with high-tech as its main export.

I really hope that Turkey and Greece work together to fuck europe.

Why don't they just poison the Nile in Ethiopia?

>finnish logic

>countries supporting the project such as China and Italy
>The main contractor will be the Italian company Salini Costruttori, which also served as primary contractor for the Gilgel Gibe II, Gilgel Gibe III, and Tana Beles dams

Japan imports food because they eat better than they used to. If Japan reverted back to rice and boiled veggies diet, they could be self-sufficient.

rather than take on immigrants, why not just invade ethiopia with egypt?

Why do you hate us so much?

You guys freak out about the Mekong getting CHANG'd daily, and even blamed China for the recent drought even though all Western environmental scientists agreed that wasn't true.

Same shit's gonna happen to Egypt

hmmm which country should I choose?

Please buy more tanks.
Thank you :DDD

ok but gib tourists please

explain to me again how it would loose 1/3 of water,
even if 1/3 goes in, after the damn is filled, 1/3 will come eventually out

>Why don't they just poison the Nile

1/3 will go to Ethiopian fields and channels.

Egypt barely conducts trade with non North-Africa African states at all.

>"white" guy discovers hoteps.

Is Sudan also just gonna sit back and let this happen? They barely have food to eat,

Depends on if you have a bagina... do you?

Can't they just send some ackbar to blow himself up on the dam so the water gets released? And no one would be able to blame Egypt since it's just another muhammadan blowing himself up in a terrorist attack.

They can, but they won't - because Ethiopia might repay with exactly the same.

There's an Aswan Dam in Egypt which controls the Nile's tides. If destroyed, half of Egypt is at a risk of getting flooded.

The damage to Egypt would be incomparibly higher in such trade of a blows with Ethiopia. That's why I believe Egypt holds back its punches for now.

You think Egypt would actually bomb the dam?

No I don't think so, as I stated here it would put Egypt's own dam at risk.

A more likely scenario, is an incrusion of Egyptian forces into Ethiopia and the takeover of the Grand Dam - with a condition of withdrawal being Ethiopia agreeing to reduce the water share from 1/3 to 1/10, which is what Egypt demanded from Ethiopian government before.

nice

>WW3 will consist mainly of Africans fighting each other for water
Gonna be fun to watch so long if Europe can keep the new refugees out!

Nah Egypt won't risk that especially with the shit that's going on there. If they start a military incursion their citizens will be pissed.

Italy would be nice for sure
n-no but you would accept me anyway because you are a big hearted jew
They have accused us of arming rebels but all the evidence they had was the statement of a dumb reporter who is close with the presedency
don't know if we have something with this
hydroworld.com/articles/2017/03/ethiopia-says-planned-attack-on-grand-ethiopian-renaissance-dam-stopped.html