All memes aside, what do you actually think of Finland?

All memes aside, what do you actually think of Finland?

Greeks do not have right to answer this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqtbgApk_xA
youtube.com/watch?v=dT5O79QXjzs
youtube.com/watch?v=5Qh2UYEiTWs
youtu.be/6WXywJ4eg-0
youtube.com/watch?v=bgtpS4LuE9U
youtu.be/oXbDQ0_xCgk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Greeks are better

Nice country
Might move there, to live in sort of Europe, but still within historic Russia

came to post this and leave

It is like russia but way more richer

for any doubts
pic related

The Superior Nordic country.

bit shit

Nice plot of Land.

Great country, ugly cities, autistic people.

almost every Finn I've met in person or online in other contexts was wonderful (and not nearly as muh introvert/cold autists as they like to meme about), unlike the weird spastics that tend to dwell on this board

I've met a couple of extreme neo-nazi tier right-wingers as well but they were pretty friendly too

I am a Greek

You guys have balls, Talvisota has proven it. Nice country, has interesting culture, I've read Kalevala when I was 4-5 yrs and it's good. I dont know much about economics. Your language seems clusterfuck as hell even for me, and I'm russian. Dont have info about mudslimes living in your country.
Solid 7-8 out of 10, I think.

I don't really ever think of Finland, never have.
The only time I am reminded they exist is when I come here.

Neat flag, interesting history

eternal depression
pathetic people who unfortunately drifted to frozen land.
mixed race between Slavs and Mongolian.

Japan & Korea more depressive~

It's nice to know that japs go grazy about us but in the end none of them even know anything about us apart from moomin.

Too much accordion music and crappy dance bands for my taste.

Im a pro american, im not really a fan of polka.

funny guys

>Too much accordion
Remove yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=jqtbgApk_xA

fuck Finns, because of that shithole, basic Greek bitches still listen to this song all the time

youtube.com/watch?v=dT5O79QXjzs

pay denbts and we might consider taking it off the air

why are they so well known in Greece?

frosen shithole

my opinion is not really unpopular or unique

UNFORTUNATELY DRIFTED TO FROZEN LAND LMAO

Tbh we wuz a grand duchy for such a short while it's hard to justify calling us "historic Russia". Swedes have a much better claim for that.
Also, why are our Russian immigrants so god-tier? They all have jobs and assimilate well...

some radio stations played a few Kwan songs (Tainted Love and Shine come to mind), people ended up enjoying them a lot and requesting them time after time

Cool country, one that us Balts look up to.

It's not our problem what your youth thinks is hip.

>Historic russia

We were so different The Tzar had to swear us autonomy so we wouldn't revolt. This was a different realm ruled by the same monarch. atleast in some stature, everything was still ultimately decided by the finnish senate and the Tzar only held absolute veto power. Until of course the Tzars become so conservative they started to disrespect this promise of autonomy sworn by Nikolai I. We even had strict bordercontrol and different economies.

I wish we were closer to Balts (all of them). We share a lot of ancient history. Damn sea separating us from fellow true northern brothers.

Very based people. Would study there again

>Also, why are our Russian immigrants so god-tier? They all have jobs and assimilate well...

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting user...

Alexander I himself rode to oulu on horseback and declared autonomity to finland right after after finland was moved to russia from sweden, danks russians

Sorry, Alexander I* , not Nikolai I.

It's true at least in West.

Blacked

The fuck, so many questions about that photo

Isn't Estonia just a short ferry ride away from Finland?

We're really not that far away.

Autonomous, yeah
Kind of like Tatarstan or Poland
You have conscription, saunas and vodka, means for a Russian, Finland feels like home.

I mean closer ties
you arent physicaly far away but our ties even with fucking estonia are much looser than ties with Sweden
and I think that is sad

Reminder that these are the people who do you talk with when you answer to a finn

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qh2UYEiTWs

i'm from sweden and i say kill em all

Oh.
I agree.

Question regarding sauna, wtf is that "finnish sauna is dry" meme?

Wouldnt be surprised if that was your hand

It is
On a Wet->Dry scale
Turkish steam bath > Banya > Sauna

I think saunas are most popular out of the three in Russian cities in part because they're so dry and therefore there's more contrast with the pool water

I like Finland

This has to be a meme

CUTE

Yes

>All memes aside, what do you actually think of Finland?

Finland is totally overrated. They're like Sweden's backwards, autistic little brother. I also find it embarrassing that they're roleplaying as Asians, when everyone knows they've never left their country.

That's a textbook sami girl if i've ever seen one.

She's either a Finland Swede or a Turk.

youtu.be/6WXywJ4eg-0

Sami and Finland-Swede can be synonymous.
Finland-Swedes are mostly Lapps in some parts of Ostrobothnia.

*faint throat singing intensifies*

The modern finnish genes arrived here about 3000-4000 years ago, before that it's hard to trace but there's some traces of us on the shores of Volga and Urals, but farther than that it's just guesswork. And to answer we roleplay mongols on internet because this is the meme identity that is forced on us. We drop it the moment others drop it.

DON'T DROP IT, I LIKE IT. IT MAKES MY LIFE JOYFUL WHEN FINNS GO AROUND BEING WEST MONGOLIA
youtube.com/watch?v=bgtpS4LuE9U

What is she, she is TOO mongol for a finn

There's some genetic overlap between Urals and East Asians.
It's not a fringe speculation to say Finns have some East Asia admixture from ~10000 years ago but a fact.

Rich but with a very strange language

End of opinion

>she is TOO mongol for a finn
>TOO mongol for a finn

Most of Finland was inhabited by nomadic Lapp tribes with heavy Mongoloid admixture back in the day.
Finns kicked them to Lapland but before we could complete the job, Swedes decide to make a bunch of Lapps in Ostrobothnia Swedish speaking.

Yeah anything that far can be considered just not important and building an actual identity around it borderline pathetic, kang.

No, she is perfectly Finnish.

Very nice people who are all actually dangerous lunatics.

I'm Greek

Our best allies

Did I say an identity needs to be built around that one fact?
We have to start from acknowledging our roots to fully understand what we are.
We're a mixture of ancient peoples from across Eurasia but also genetically distinct from everyone because of isolation in the past few thousand years.

Don't know any Finns, but they're my favorite posters on the board. Good humor, not hateful, handles the banters like champions etcetc

As in it's mostly clouded in uncertainty and anyway mixed.

The people who built this nation already built onone identity and expanded on it and it has worked fine for us so stop larping a some revolutionary since there's no need for anything of such sort.

gn.

Because you usually use dry and high temperature sauna? While traditional Russian banya is wet and less hot

Inderasding, is this the reason why that one russian died in the sauna world championships?

How Finns came to be Finns is something being studied right now by University of Helsinki paleogenetics lab among other institutions.
Go sperg out at them about how it's impossible to figure it out and pointless.

I'm not saying its impossible i'm saying it doesn't matter jackshit to anyone else than few spergs who jack off to tieteen kuvalehti and religiously follow the latest news according to genetics. Whatever the result would be it literally would change nothing.

>she is TOO mongol for a finn
Fennoswede delusion never ceases to amaze me

Wonderful cpuntry, wonderful people and enjoyable food. Can't wait to go back this summer.

Idk it doesn't feel dry to me when I throw water on the kiuas
What makes banya wetter? Idk how they work

Where you going? Countryside and Lake-Finland are the comfiest desu.

To be fair, people don't look as Mongol in Eastern Finland as Western Finland for obvious reasons.
It might be a shock to a lot of Eastern Finns to find out how Ostrobothnians can often look very much like Kazakhs.

And other kind of butthurt delusion raises it's head.

Helsinki for two days, Jyväskylä for two days and then to my gf's tiny little town for 10 days. I think it's cozy, just enjoying the lake and eating a ton of salmiakki ice cream.

No, it has nothing to do with it.
Shiet, I just looked up wiki and it says that there's no difference between real sauna and banya, and it's just Russian "FInnish saunas" are always dry and over-hot

Not that delusional jtp

I like my country and its objectively also one of best places to live in on this planet

Karelian type arfifacts have been found as far west as Espoo though

This place ok but too white desu

Karelians have been trading even with scandicucks over time, that's not a surprise.

I really enjoy Finnish music.

youtu.be/oXbDQ0_xCgk
My favorite one.

Nokia was dope

Mintu is cool

Salmiakki nice too

and i also like shopping tours St.Petersbourgh-Helsinki

Finnish girls are ok. But too mutch homosex dudes, you guys may end up like your dolerant neighbours

>Russian "FInnish saunas" are always dry and over-hot
Yep, that is true in also in other countries that has "Finnish" sauna. Saunas here are moist and not dry.

t. assblasted eurogooks larping about not living in Russian land

40%

memes are pretty much the extent of my knowledge of finland
I used to listen to some finnish metal back in the day, ensiferum and finntroll
also the moomins.

Okay, Sven Khan.