You might be a Sup Forumstard if

>You might be a Sup Forumstard if...

You like A New Hope, but vehemently detest everything about The Force Awakens.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1446160984450.jpg/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What if I don't vehemently detest everything, but rather only dislike Rey, Kylo and Deathstar 3 plot?

What if I consider A New Hope a 10/10, but consider The Force Awakens a 7/10?

there's nothing wrong with being a based Sup Forumsack, though

What if all I want is to cum on Rey's face?

You do realize that Sup Forums is by far the most intelligent board on the internet, right?

I don't detest everything about the movie

I thought Kylo Ren and Finn were pretty interesting characters. Overall I'd say it worked fine as reintroducing people to Star Wars

The plot followed ANH a little too much and Rey as a character had problems and there were several scenes that were just too awkward/poorly written

is anyone getting a secret meaning behind this pic?

there's something about it.. but i just can't put my finger on it

>any board on Sup Forums
>intelligent

Star Wars is a mediocre series whose sole acclaim was drawn for it's revolutionary special effects.

The writing has always been shit.
The characters have always been shit.
The narrative has always been shit.

TFA has nothing. It was the shittiest movie I saw in 2015. If Star Wars is anywhere in your top 50 you're a fucking idiot and may as well be watching Bay/Snyder flicks. At least they have actual effects/cinematography.

>The best shot of TFA is a Spielberg homage

Congratulations, Abrams. You unoriginal fuck. People cite influences as in "these are the people that made me want to get into the business" not "these are the people whose style I adopt for my own and cannot stray from". Talentless dogmatic jew shitter.

This, only liberal faggots hate Sup Forumsacks

What if I vehemently detest all remakes and reboots, regardless of the protagonist's ethnicity or gender?

You mean the most gullible board on Sup Forums?

A new hope was an average-decent film and the force awakens was an exact copy of that average-decent film

What if I think it's stupid for Abrams to rip off the original, dumb it down, and expect anyone to take it seriously?

It is now known as the "ghostbuster" defence. A movie is shit and has flaws? You must be a misogynist.

t. Sup Forumstard

>It is now known as the "ghostbuster" defence

Where specifically?

Should be everywhere.

Then you obviously don't meet the criteria outlined by the original post.

"and whenever Poochie's not around everybody should be saying 'WHERE'S POOCHIE? WHERE'S POOCHIE?', also Poochie needs to be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine."

Except instead of having the possibility of being a one-off, it has foreshadowing for unexplained plot points to sell merchandise. It's A New Hope with a thousand jews at the helm.

Alex Guinness hated Star Wars
Mark Hamill hates Star Wars
Harrison Ford hates Star Wars
George Lucas hates Star Wars

Why is Sup Forums obsessed with it?

Nowhere then. Good luck getting that shit to fly, you fucking idiot.

>t. Sup Forumstard
t. SJW

Then evidently you don't have an understanding of people or the things they can be expected to take seriously.

>dumb it down

A New Hope was as dumb as it gets. TFA is no better, but you're crazy if you think Star Wars was ever "smart".

TFA suffers from not having Obi-Wan or an Obi-Wan archetype. Shit, even the Prequels had Ewan McGregor, and the fancut of Revenge of the Sith is infinitely better than TFA.

A proper fancut of TFA would be to cut the disc in half and throw it in the garbage.

I was being polite and giving non political reasons to not like the film

Nice post. It's like 70s Armond White reborn. I agree that Star Wars as a whole, in particular Empire Strikes Back, is disgustingly overrated but I think that the original 6 aren't bad movies, just beloved in all the wrong ways.

It's funny that you distinguished between narrative and writing because while the writing was always mediocre I think that the narrative is actually one of the most impressive things about Star Wars. By viewing all 6 movies as one complete one as Lucas does it's a much more coherent and thoughtful experience. It goes from a bunch of connected stories about laser-knights battling in space to a personal saga about a family trying to overcome the worst parts of themselves, with this struggle being reflected across the entire universe.

The effects are certainly Star Wars' biggest contribution to cinema but I think that the idea of 'the saga' and the attempts at telling a cyclical story with recurring themes and motifs is something all attempting to tell grand stories could learn from.

It's the lack of care displayed towards this greater narrative that offends me more than anything else about The Force Awakens. The old Hollywood adventure tone is completely replaced by a contemporary action-blockbuster one but what hurts more is that practically no attempt was made at achieving thematic consistency with what came before. To the next generation of filmmakers in charge of Star Wars the story is nothing more than laser-knights fighting in space.

I AM a Sup Forumsturd and AFW is my favorite Star Wars. Now what, shitskin?

Another disappointment.
>nigger jedi
>scrawny jew forced as a white man villain with cross shaped lightsaber
>nigger jedi
>pathetic use and depiction of women jedi
>rehashed story

They should just make Kotor 1 and kotor 2 movies.
Without racial, feminist and other cancerous agendas.
With well developed stories and characters.

> the only thing that matters in a movie is the plot

The TFA shit flinging helped me realize this board doesn't know how to critique movies for shit.

>TFA suffers from not having Obi-Wan or an Obi-Wan archetype
It was supposed to be Han. Mind you, I'm not saying I thought it worked, but it is pretty clear he was their Obi-Wan analogue.

>if you're not a retard who blames all your problems on the jews you're a retard who blames all your problems on the whites
False dilemma. Not everyone's as mentally weak as you are, you know.

you're 300 pounds and proud of your race?

I don't think anyone takes Star Wars seriously. I mean you don't think people were making fun of it in '77?

It looked cool, but that doesn't make it not stupid. Stormtroopers literally have an IQ of 48, and not even in reference to their inability to shoot their blasters. 80% of the time in the OT it feels like a Monty Python skit with how much stupid shit goes down.

It looked cool. That's it.

You're the dumbest person in this thread.

>You might be a cinematically-illiterate retard if...

You can't recognise that TFA is a facile, shallow imitation of a groundbreaking film directed by a man only cut out for midrange TV work, and designed explicitly to appeal to the widest possible range of plebeians who mistake appropriation for depth.

Something like that. Sup Forums's splitting at the seams with people who've given up on their own lives or find their individual selves so unsatisfactory that attempting to become sublimated in "racial heritage" seems attractive to them. It's peculiarly like the Instrumentality.

Sure, but that defeats the purpose of what this post seemed to be implying, and that is what I was replying to. I certainly don't think MOST people take Star Wars "seriously" in the way you take finding a tumor on your nutsack seriously, but they seem to to take it more seriously than something like the Ghostbusters remake or BvS.

What was the problem with him apart from the fact that you do not like black people? If everything was exactly the same, but Rey and Finn were played by Miles Teller and Dave Franco, would the movie be good?

that's not how you write [s4s]

>Attempting to understand complex sociopolitical and philosophical issues via the reductive lens of a Japanese anime about teenagers in robots punching god

I don't think I possess a reaction image strong enough to mock your stupidity and misplaced sense of intellectual superiority, but I'll be sure to post the best I have.

Bradamante? That you, buddeh?

>if you dont like X you are a nazi !!!
Oh fuck off Reddit. It's the same retarded rethoric like "if you don't like new ghostbusters you are a sexist !!!".
It was a blatant New Hope rip off. And Rey was horribly written mary sue character with absolutely no character arc to pander to "stronk wimmin" femnazis.

The best female character from acton movies in recent years was Rita from Edge of Tomorrow.

I know that's a bait

Miles teller telling Dave Franco to stop holding his hand would be pretty funny, desu.

>You might be a Sup Forumstard if....
You worship Falling Down but conveniently forget the scene where he BTFO the neonazi

No, it would still be terrible.

While Disney's (or perhaps more specifically, Kathleen Kennedy's) agenda-peddling rankles at my personal, subjective sensibilities, on a more objective level there are huge problems with the screenplay, pacing and visuals in TFA that only a disingenuous critic could ignore.

>the best I have

I don't doubt it. I'm also sure you'll contrive some means of convincing yourself it's my fault you resist any other sort of description, user.

>Sup Forumsiticians are nazis
found the tumblrina

Do you know when something is forced down your throat?

Did anyone anywhere ever say anything against Samuel L. Jackson as a jedi? No.
Did anyone have a problem with Billy Dee Williams? No.

Cancerous agendas reek of cancer and rot.

>on a more objective level there are huge problems with the screenplay, pacing and visuals in TFA that only a disingenuous critic could ignore.
And that I can respect.

I thought I was a star wars fan until I re-watched all star wars movies after being disappointed with TFA.

they're all shit.

wtf i hate Sup Forums now

>Oh fuck off Reddit.
> "if you don't like new ghostbusters you are a sexist !!!".
>It's the same retarded rethoric

Certainly is. Best unconscious use of irony ever.

>Sup Forums suddenly hates The Force Awakens

What the fuck happened?

That's an unwise approach for someone who gives tumblr as much of their time and attention as you do, user.

>Black people can be in the OT and Prequels, but if there happens to be a female and black lead in TFA it is cancerous SJW propaganda
Ok, Sup Forums

Can we all stop pretending we actually believe the bait for the sake of feeling superior by pointing out how stupid OP's post is and actually talk about Star Wars? OP knows what he wrote is stupid, he's farming (you)s you dumb fucks. But deep down you know that. And Sup Forums has just made you so lazy that the gratification you get from slapping down imaginary SJWs is enough to pass an eternity.

Aren't you just the cleverest bastard around?

(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)(you)
Can you leave now?

Smartest post ITT

It's not that you're 'sexist' or 'misogynistic' that makes your ridiculous. It's that you get this worked up over throw-away summer movies.

>you might be a poltard if
you like dawn of the dead but detest resident evil

You are braindead retarded.

We changed our minds. We're dangerous and unpredictable like that.

>Best response is an animal's ass

Oh come on, you could have at least referred to anyone who doesn't agree with your politics as the lumpenproletariat...

Put your trip back on, Brad.

Her face is partly obscuredby luke's light saber because there is a lot she doesn't know about herself and the force, due to his trying to shield her from all that mystic bull shit. Now that she's found the light saber, and luke, it will be the key to finding out secrets kept from her all her life

>You might be a Sup Forumstard if...
you pride yourself on using logical reasoning, facts, and statistics against SJWs yet claim to be a Christian.

It's the Jew subliminally influencing pure white women to worship African cock as a means to their true agenda of Aryan genocide. I mean, duh. Is this your first day?

>we
ew

Do you really think what you're participating in could be called a real political discourse? You'll find nothing on this site but people who agree with you 100% because they heard all the same shit that got you thinking along those lines and shitposters who want to provoke you.

>we
>ew
weew

>Lightsaber

That's her cuckrod, you fool.

White women were made for black cock. This is just a fact. It's not really their fault when the vast majority of men within their own race can't please them sexually.

i'll never understand why autists get so triggerd by Sup Forums, are you all new here?

>The shifting of the goalposts

You seemed to believe you were partaking in some form of political discourse when you started posting in this thread, but now someone's rightly called you an idiot for trying to interpret group dynamics by means of Evangelion, NUH UH EVERYONE HERE IS RETARDED.

So, with that in mind, what does that make you for smugly trying to start such a discourse on this board?

stop triggering the hillbillies user.

Finn was pretty cool tbhwyf

>Of course everyone on this site is an edgelord like me! There's NO WAY people could have differing opinions!
you're so new it hurts

/mlp/ is smarter and they are literal horsefuckers.

so that's a yes?

I liked Finn but hated Rey.

Who else /sexistbutnotracist/ here?

>shifting of the goalposts
I'M NOT THE OTHER user YOU WERE REPLYING TO YOU DUMB ASSHOLE. I CAME INTO THE THREAD TO TALK ABOUT STAR WARS. MY ONLY OTHER POSTS ARE AND ! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE ABOUT POP-POLITICAL ISSUES? NOBODY HERE IS SAYING ANYTHING INSIGHTFUL! NOBODY DISCUSSING THESE ISSUES HAS THEIR OWN IDEAS! NONE OF YOU ARE CONTRIBUTING ANYTHING TO ANYTHING! WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THIS! WHAT DO YOU ACCOMPLISH BY ARGUING FOR YOUR CAUSE ON Sup Forums? DO YOU THINK THAT PEOPLE WHO GENUINELY THINK 'LE ONLY RACISTS DISLIEKD THE SHITTY NEW STAR WARS SEQUEL?' IF YOU DO YOU HAVE TO BE LEGITIMATELY MENTALLY ILL! EVERYONE HERE EITHER THINKS EXACTLY LIKE YOU OR IS FUCKING WITH YOU! THERE'S NO SJW INVASION OF Sup Forums IN PROGRESS! IT'S ALL FUCKING SHITPOSTING!

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SHOW EVERYONE HOW SMART YOU ARE SAY SOMETHING ORIGINAL ABOUT STAR WARS!

EITHER YOU ARE SEVERAL LEVELS DEEP IN SHITPOSTING OR Sup Forums HAS DESTROYED YOUR ABILITY TO PERCEIVE REALITY!

this kid is mad as fuck because his anonymous image board opinion isn't validated

Do you have any idea how mad you were going?

Sup Forums only leaked into every board because of the recent election, Sup Forums is the true newfag board.

>thinking Sup Forums itself is not a new board
Mark of a green-as-fucking-grass newfag, desu.

This is factually false, Sup Forums is one of the dumber boards on Sup Forums. It's on par with Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

WHAT OPINION? I ALREADY TOLD YOU PEOPLE I DON'T PARTICIPATE IN Sup Forums POLITICS! IF YOU COME TO Sup Forums DISCUSS FUCKING MOVIES! THAT'S ALL I'VE EVER WANTED FROM THIS BOARD AND I'M NEVER GOING TO FUCKING GET IT AGAIN BECAUSE WE HAVE TO STICK IT TO THE SJWS DON'T WE? DON'T WE?

EXTREMELY! I'M GOING TO MAKE TEA NOW SO THAT I DON'T OVERLOAD AND DIE!

hi newcuck

never said that

Does anyone have the BBC edit of this image?

me, i just thought Finn's arc should have been more about turning into a selfless brave guy for a more credible movement or rebellion - or just righting his wrongs

him fighting Kylo was awesome but it feels empty since he's just doing it for Rey (same as lying to the resistance just to get Rey).

>le cuck
Like fucking clockwork. Stormblr babbies are so damn predictable. Honestly need to step up your meme game 2bh son.

Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums are the holy trinity of shitty newfag boards. Invasion was Sup Forums but actually not shit. Can't remember when it got deleted

why does it trigger you so much cuck?

we realize that you like to tell yourselves that, while a visit to Sup Forums on any given day tells a very different story

Are you an alt right bot

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/1446160984450.jpg/

Playing both sides?

i saw that le meme too

Then you're being honest with yourself