Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5DFOE0td1Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=C78HBp-Youk
youtube.com/watch?v=qSgJeVwjnpc
youtube.com/watch?v=hi5jjXTPtyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=5DFOE0td1Yw

What?! No way!

If Leia's adopted dad was also a senator then how come he was allowed to be married?

Lucas himself designed this dress. True story.

A galaxy far far away is actually Hell

So he is a heretic, a sinner, who doesn't care about the laws

I get the Jedi angle, but what does being a senator have to do with having sex?

Nothing. She is just an attentionwhore.

Politicians, especially planetary representatives, should never have children. It would be a conflict of interest for a good leader to produce an heir to pass on their knowledge and character to, especially if that leader was well loved by the people. It wouldn't make sense.

she was being classist

she's basically asking him to use the force

Jedis aren't supposed to have relationships. Therefore it would be a scandal for that reason. It wouldn't be a bid deal if she were dating someone else.

I'm a decoy.

you guys know she was purposely cockteasing anakin, right?

you all can't be this dense

I was just on my way to the beach!

she was fucking terrible in these desu famalam

Name an actor who wasn't except for based McDiarmid

Ewan McGregor, Christopher Lee and Samuel L. Jackson

ewan was fine, Christopher lee was fine, i thought liam neeson was fine... its just that her acting was even more noticeably bad than others. even samuel l jackson was good in ep I and some other parts

All objectively shite lads

>plebs will never understand that Attack of the Clones is about codepedence

Anakin and Padme is the most realistic and human relationship between any two characters in the Star Wars saga. Prove me wrong.

Samuel L. Jackson and Christopher Lee should have taken each other's roles

ᴵ'ᵐ ᵃ ˢᵉᶰᵃᵗᵒʳ

Lucas failed at making their relationship heartfelt. Instead it was cringy and Anakin border obsessed with Padme.

somehow the prequel movies are better than TFA

how can disney fuck it up so bad

It wasn't supposed to be heartfelt.

dumb frogposter

I'd say they're better in that they actually take chances and have a lot of world building info, even if a number of choices were questionable. However they're much worse in terms of being watchable/entertaining movies.

Thats not even a little bit true

only thing prequel win in is pathos

patriarchy

>scandal
What is scandal? I mean in the galaxy full of so many beings with strange sexual practices and ways of life, what can really be a scandal? also he is a war hero and not really the first jedi to have a wife. I mean the jedi would give a fuck but the public would not

>black guy named count dooku
it would overload the memeometar

>codepedence
brav, wut? seriously there is no codepedence. anakin has built a pedestal and is obsessed with her to a delusional level because he has been seeing visions of her since he was 10 so he feels like its destiny.He is possessive, domineering and likes to vent to her for healing when she clearly does not give a fuck
>she
she is an old woman who was unable to find fulfillment in her job so when her sister invites her to a dinner she finally decides to go full cougar on that creepy but devoted boy

Is Luke a senator's son?

People were already starting to get uneasy about how much power the Jedi Council had. Sheev's whole plan relied on people believing the Jedi would actually try a coup. If Anakin married an influential Senator like Padme people might get suspicious that the Jedi were trying to influence politics too much.

>it was cringy and Anakin border obsessed with Padme

Wasn't that the whole point? The relationship was never healthy and Anakin was always a ticking time bomb

>world building
It's Star Wars, not fucking War and Peace

Then why not just leave the Jedi, marry Padme, and join the military with Sheev giving him back his original rank? He gets to play war hero, he gets to marry Padme, and he can still work with the Jedi.

A Star Wars version of War and Peace would be pretty cool

>politics
wut? the jedi have their own representation in the senate. also it would be smarter to look ar money trails instead of who is fucking whom, especially given padmes voting record that often has her opposing.
>much power the Jedi Council had.
Sheev is rolling in emergency powers. his goal is to paint himself as a good man stopped by bureaucracy. jedi have no power, not even power to pick where they go, most of their power related stuff is done off the books

star wars is more complex and detailed than war and peace. I bet you loved this song because of how deep it is youtube.com/watch?v=C78HBp-Youk

Yeah because the main characters are all fucking pathetic.

I know what you're saying though. I did find TFA more emotionally satisfying though considering the characters do rise to the challenge and admit to their ability to do good, rather than throwing a fit and becoming delusional triple amputees.

heh filename

they're so dense...

>a rise of a villain is different from a rise of a hero
stop the presses

> it ain't meme starts playing

I will take the delusional triple amputees over the sterile and crude heroes

Is it actually possible to leave the jedi?

theoretically. count dooku was a jedi and there are 11 others like him that left. ahsoka left, there is even a whole sect that left saying they wanted marriage. there are also other non sith/jedi force cults. like I said theoretically it happens but realistically its like xmen, I don't think they would teach you how to mind trick people and then let you be a ruler of some small world
this starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=qSgJeVwjnpc

So then later Padme has changed into a sexy S&M outfit...

youtube.com/watch?v=hi5jjXTPtyY

The point was that if a Senator married a Jedi (who can't get married), it would destroy both of their careers. The scandal would be too much.

Name one Jedi who has been married. Remember, Revan is not canon anymore.

the guy that has a dick for a head actually has multiple wives due to an exemption by the order. given the endless reformations of the order there has been times when people married or simply stopped being jedi so they could marry.

But many Jedi also have birthrights (see: Count Dooku). The lesson obviously is placing a higher priority on the teachings of the jedi than material goods and gains, but there have been plenty of influential jedi. If Anakin left the Order, say to bring his mother to another planet, or to marry Padme and live on Naboo, the Jedi wouldn't hunt him down or imprison him. You'd think there would be a lot more Jedi leaving at the onset of the Clone Wars, but that just goes to show how corrupted they all were.

also are you really telling me that in the history of jedi anakin would have been the first one?

Ki-Adi Mundi was allowed to impregnate members of his species due to them dying out. But it wasn't "love" or a marital attachment. He was just keeping the dickhead species alive.

I figure most every Jedi has that point in their tutelage where pussy seems more beneficial than the Order, even Obi-Wan had his tryst, he admitted he would have left for her.

I think you mean quadruple amputees, actually.

>But it wasn't "love" or a marital attachment.
there is a literally PSA clone wars comic for kids were he goes on a visit to his family and has to deal with his wives. also his teen daughter is getting involved with drug using punk rockers who are being backed by the separatists. I think it ends on his kid being shot and war coming to his homeworld. that or he talked them all down, I don't recall

I forgot comics were a thing in the EU. I guess you're right then. Special cases then?

The big problem with the Old Republic was the Jedi Order moving into a bigger role in Galactic Politics, becoming power hungry. The Republic was ailing and hemorrhaging systems to the Separatist factions. Crime and slavery was unopposed in the Outer Rim, Hutts wielded immense power over galactic finances and goods trading, and the Republic taxed the hell out of law abiding systems, and the Jedi enforced that rule. So, as problematic as a Union between a jedi and a senator was, I don't think the Jedi would have stopped Anakin from leaving. Unless you think the Prophecy was trusted enough to keep him in no matter what?

>Old Republic was the Jedi Order moving into a bigger role in Galactic Politics
that does not seem to be the case.during the time of chancellor valorum there was a clear "separation of church and state" and valorum was constantly pushing them to run black ops for him.They said no but qigong still went to look into the thefts in the other rim. sheevs plan was the make jedi public figures instead of a reclusive order and to eventually blame them for their inability to save worlds. they became his lightning rods but I don't think the jedi had any real power. could you point to any powers that got granted to them or are you talking about how they used to be advisers before sheev turned them into generals?jedi as advisers seems more like an old republic thing and something that only people like qigong may do on occasion
>Special cases then?
yes.
>I don't think the Jedi would have stopped Anakin from leaving
could they stop him without it seeming like hypocrisy?They could give him dispensation
>Prophecy
its hard to say how much they believed it, there seemed to have been no effort put into his metal well being. even before sheev started yanking him away to missions so he would be too busy to get help.