DAY

DAY
MONTH
YEAR

Why doesn't America follow basic date systems?

freedom

Do you say 2:15 PM or 15:2 PM? Why don't you put the minutes first?

/Thread

Sauce on the gif?

404 has spoken, all that had to be said has been said.

Eat it

Why don't Amerifats switch to Metric clocks like the rest of the civilized world?

so then why not put the year first by that logic?

We'll yeah.

Never heard "quarter past", "half past" or "quarter to"?

Nevertheless you're dodging the question boyo

USA! USA! USA!

That's the ISO 8601 standard.

year-month-day minute:second

Makes far more sense than any of the other alternatives.

But there's an order to that - hours then minutes. Month/day/year isn't in any order, therefore retarded.

Besides it's two hours and fifteen minutes past midday. It's conventional when adding quantities to start with the larger divisions, like $4 and 50 cents; 5 weeks and 3 days, etc. Writing the date isn't like that, it's just listing three numbers.

because we are not eurotrash

Latin America uses metric system too

The whole world plus like 2 minor nations

Same reason they don't use the metric system. They got used to the other way of doing it and reteaching their entire country would be a huge task.

Because we have lots of guns and we can do whatever the fuck we want!

Is this real? It really does seem truthful Americans would follow this logic

the rest of the world managed it...

Military does

Fuck id rather spend all the money required for all that crap on weed or something actually cool

Fancy having a dick that small ey..

The rest of the world generally have smaller populations and a different setup for how our school systems work.

>DAY
>MONTH
>YEAR

Year, month, day, hour, minute, second is the only logical order.

2017.02.10.11:19:XX

>don't waste money on guns
>waste it on weed
You've almost got it. Keep trying.

>Year, month, day, hour, minute, second is the only logical order.
>2017.02.10.11:19:XX
This is America, logic is optional.

Why do they call it the 4th of July when they write the date as 07/04/2017 shouldn't it be July the 4th?

How hard is it say: Guys the day goes at the start.

It's hardly a complex concept

>year

>month
>day

because its easier to say February 10th, rather than 10th of February

>How hard is it say: Guys the day goes at the start.
I understand the individual words you are using there, it's when I try to understand it like a sentence that I get confused.
In short wat?

for the average human - easy
for the average american - pretty fucking hard

Weed = good times, social and relaxing/fun.

Guns = defence, offense and compensating for lildick/beta

Hmm

Lol the timing. Perfect.

He was replying to me. I'm not american.
It's the whole "Guys the day goes at the start" thing that is throwing me off.

What is there to be confused about?

Are you special

Who cares? The only time I mark dates is when doing inventory at work once a month. Even then the computers do 99% of it for me.

I'm tired and feeling slowminded. I just actually got it now, in reference to the rest of the thread.
I was like of course the start of the day goes at the start, otherwise it would be the ending.
I might be special, I've always felt like the odd one out anyway.

The rest of the wold has to deal with it.

BBC. Journos got refused entry into the White House bc the guards didn't understand their passport dates the other week.

America uses the systems and methods we use because they are superior in every way - if you disagree fuck you eurotrash or spicfilth

Well ooh la de da Mr Store Man. It's all about you.

You're obviously an idiot.

>Weed = good times, social and relaxing/fun.
are you literally 12?

Month is from 1-12. Small numbers.
Day is from 1-31. Medium numbers.
Years are endless. Largest numbers.

This isn't hard you fucking autists.

>Why do Americans say "24th of May, 1686" and not "May the 24th, 1686"?

This is because for most things the actual day is more important.

>something actually cool
you sound like a white weed nerd

Are you retarded?

and most everyone else in this thread is WRONG

right now. EST (Eastern standard time USA)
the CORRECT TIME ABD DATE US:

23:45:02 20170210

get it right

Because they are a bunch of backwards mongoloids.

That's not the logic being used, idiot. This was clearly explained. It's a different logic, not one that's worse. Look at the date today and tell me which number is smallest. Idiot.

NO U

It IS also called July 4th.

Tell me again how well your files are ordered with that shit...

YEAR MONTH DAY is the only intelligent way to go

Nobody says they're going to celebrate July 4th.

I'm just saying it's not an important day to day issue. Unlike day knowing which chlorine gas container is leaking or which nuclear cell container is leaking radiation and to what degree.

Good one

What did I say that's wrong?

these guys get it

Whatever the reason, Month-Day-Year seems to work well as it has a good correlation with Gross Domestic Product.

Yeah, i fucking love calculating shit in feet, stones, pounds, miles, yards, inches, cups and gallons. Just love it when my shit adds together in values of 7,233, 1,47, 36,5252, 235,5, 6,43, 23246 and 83

Why don't europoors follow basic freedom systems

The only freedom America has is the freedom from foreskin.

Explain how your freedom is different from European freedom please. Which freedoms do you have that most european countries don't?

To autists like me, 2-10-17 looks better because m/d/y generally goes up. I don't know the real reason, but I prefer it this way

The freedom to hate speech and property ownership.

LOGIC:

Language: English
Measurement system: Metric
Time: 00:00:00 = mdnight
Date: YEAR MONTH DAY 20170211

look at this eurofag thinking he has freedom

Go ahead and publish a blog post under your real name saying that North African refugees are raping people and they should go back to Africa and we will see how free you really are

It's really not that hard to remember the conversions unless you are completely stupid. It becomes second nature.

Isn't that the same though?

Also dating and filing are separate things

We have freedom of speech(even the hateful kind) and property rights as well. Got any other suggestions?
Putting any opinions online puts you at risk of being persecuted for it.
Try criticizing your feminist overlords under your own name and see how that goes friend.

Don't kid yourself. You're just over complicating things with your backwards system when metric is streamlined and straightforward in terms of practicality and conversions.

The freedom from a birth rate so bad that Europe is collapsing on its own.

Are you equating Europe with Germany right now?
You know that when we talk about states over here, we mean actual countries that are different enough from each other to be considered so.

Why hasn't anyone else been to the moon?

Of course metric is more streamlined. But it really doesn't matter to professionals. Lack of using the metric system never stopped anyone from designing great technology. The only reason the US uses it now in NASA etc is to improve communication and coordination with other world agencies.

Have done.
Liberal babies will comment on it but nothing happens.

You buying into the memes about Europe makes you just as bad as the crazy sjw lot.

But stop derailing

Or just come into the light and use 10,100,1000s

Stahpppp

Misinformation on both sides is cringey

I was responding in a hyperbolic manner to the hyperbolic reasons I got from the other guys about U.S. freedoms.
I've just never seen any actual proof or examples of freedoms they have over there that we do no have over here.

No country wants to buy your goods either if they're in stupid measurements.

The illusion of freedom is more powerful you see.

Go out and buy an AR15 tomorrow.

The USA's GDP laughs at you.

The mighty trade empires of Liberia and Myanmar? How exactly does using systems no one else use improve communication and coordination?

Haha, Isn't your country trillions of dollars in debt? Pay back your loans you cunts.

You are a very silly person if you think that the US can't or doesn't make products to international specifications.

You realise pretty much all eu nations have no problems with gun ownership?

Just takes a little longer paperwork wise is all. Also the cost being higher as not everyone is scared of each other here.

Then it's national debt embarrasses everyone

>the usa is trillions in debt
>Come collect on it, pussies

Seriously, how hard is it to understand. The usa "owes" money, in the same way that your bully "borrows" anything you own.

I can't buy it tomorrow, but if I take classes and get a license I could get one.
I just don't have a reason to get one, hardly anyone have guns here, I've only ever seen them with hunters or law enforcement.

>wrong end of stick

Because fuck you, that's why. month day year for life

Just a guess but I don't think their economy is a result of whatever unit system they are using.

Also, you seem to be unable to read as you completely misunderstand what I said about communication.

I'd still love to see a list of the freedoms they claim to have, that other western countries apparently don't have.

China could crush you. Don't pretend you're untouchable.

good on them. Month goes first because it's the lowest total number (1-12) Day goes second because it's the middle total number (1-31) Year goes third because it's the highest total number (1-2017) I literally have to explain this every thread, America has it correct.

You got the triangle shapes wrong buddy. Month is the smallest shape, not Day.

No. A day is 24 hours. A month is 720 hours. A year is 8,760 hours. Shortest to Longest is DD/MM/YYYY

When people buy houses or vehicles, etc, they often go into large debts. That large debt has nothing to do with an individual's earning power.

Similarly, the USA is able to maintain a gigantic debt and still keep awesome credit rating because it drives and influences the world economy more than anything else.

Also, the Dollar.

See
Thanks user for doing the maths for me

pretty fucking funny how these euros talk mad shit, but all the time in movies, tv, music etc, they use words like "miles" "feet" "inches"

I guess Led Zeppelin would've sounded pretty puny singing "I wanna give you every centimeter of my love"

It can't and won't because doing so would ruin its own economy. It is too dependent on the USA and vice versa.

But you don't write it as 24/720/8,760
You write is as 2/10/2017 because that is literally shortest to longest.