Warcraft opinions

I just saw this movie and it seemed ok to me even if I wanted it to fail. Imho it's a solid 6.5-7 and it would be a good movie if it lasted 30minutes-1 hour more since the pace is wierd as fuck but in general if you ignore the pace and garona I actually liked it quite a bit.

What's your opinions on Warcraft?

i want an orc gf tbqh

I thought it was very good

really brought the world to life and had a interesting 2 sided plot

Ragnar Lothbruk didn't need to be there

As a fan I really enjoyed it.

I do agree with he fact that it did have issues but I think it deserves the right of being the best video game movie.

Is that saying much? No but I think this is probably the best a movie on a video game like Warcraft can really do.

Well 30 minutes were cut, some because they ran out of budget. Some cut scenes are glimpsed in the trailers.

It does flow a bit weird but if you pay attention it's fine. I really liked the characterization, it makes viewers empathize and understand both sides.

The orc side is especially good - Blackhand, Orgrim, Durotan and his wife are all fucking tragic characters. Gul'dan is a fantastic villain (holy shit, the part where he was just sipping that guy's soul) and you still get to understand and feel what makes him tick.

On the human side, Ragnar was fun as ever. The king looked like a kid, it was hard to take him seriously but he was a really good dude so I liked him. Khadgar looked like shit but I bought his performance, he's probably supposed to stand in for the audience a bit. Medivh was good, the way the demon worked was intriguing. Hard to know for sure how many of his actions were drives by the demon and how many by Medivh, quite an interesting take on the possesion cliche.

I saw the movie twice, and I only played Hearthstone and a bit of Warcraft 3.

Almost the complete opposite of Star Wars, which had good characterisation but a lame story. This had poor characters (except the main orc dude) but a great story.

>Remove 30-45 minutes of story and characterization
>Film gets criticized for poor characterization and thin story

Every. Fucking. Time.

>the mage dude beats medivth
>he literally DINGS

I lost it at that point.

for being in the works for 8 or 9 years, it should have been very good but it wasn't.
it was fine. just okay. which is great for being a video game movie right?

I liked it.
Don't play vidya, never played WC in my life.

should have ended with stormwind overrun and lothar leading his people to lorderon instead of retarded 'betrayal' kill of the king and duel at the portal.

>for being in the works for 8 or 9 years

It was in work for a few years they just had the idea/wanted to make it since 8-9 years ago.

I enjoyed it

well raimi was confirmed to direct back in what, 2010? I imagine they've been working on writing and character design for a long time

orc story was interesting, humans were boring as fuck.

>every warcraft game and expansion in a nutsell

Orcs stole the show. I think most viewers cared more about them over the humans.
All the "realer than real life" memeing aside, the cgi and motion capture for them was seriously amazing and the motion capture performances really sold the characters.
Humans were very hit-or-miss. Khadgar and Medivh were ok, but Lothar and Llane were very lackluster. Garonas perfromance was definitely harmed by her pretty crappy costumes and terrible wig.

It was a movie with more issues than depth.
It was a "good video game movie", if you want to have a redeeming quality based over things completely external to the movie itself.

I guess that means it was watchable, not enjoyable, generally meh, and wasn't directed by Uwe Boll.

It was one of the few movies where I felt like there was a true potential to be amazing, I just hope that the extended version with 40 minutes of scenes added will kinda adress this issue, btw fuck Garona.

the humans' accents made me want to kill myself

Just watched it and I agree, 6.5 is probably about right.

I actually can see the point that cunt of a critic was trying to make when interviewing Duncan. He said he had no sense of where the places were but in lord of the rings he had an idea of the scale of things. The first 40 or so minutes of this film jumped back and forth between location without ever giving the viewer an idea of where they were. I don't even think it explained that Azeroth was the name of the planet, it's just mentioned in passing. It certainly didn't give a newcomer to the franchise the idea that this world, azeroth, was inhabited by several races that lived in various cities over the eastern kingdom. In fact I'm sure it said there were 7 known races but never said who they were. I've played wow since it came out so everything made perfect sense to me, but to someone who didn't have my knowledge there is no way they'd have a good idea of what's going on.

My worst criticism is that the humans were awful. Specifically the stormwind humans. The king looked like he was just having a laugh and playing dress up, he in no way gave a sense of authority or seriousness. In fact almost all the stormwind humans seemed to be taking it as a joke, like they were larping. Lothar had a constant mentally challenged look on his face, like he was slow or something. What the fuck was his accent? It seemed to change from scene to scene. He had no charisma at all. Garona, Medivh and Khadgar were all fine. I cared about them and got into their character.

Other than the jumpy beginning and shit stormwind humans, I really liked the film. It would have greatly benefited from more time spent explaining the lore, geographical locations of cities and races. Even if it was only 10-15 minutes. I hope they make more!

I liked it a lot, which surprised me considering how much I hate WoW's retconning of the Warcraft lore and how much all the critics despised it. I can't even articulate why I liked it.

I just think the Orcs were well done I guess.