Punk records that changed your life

Punk records that changed your life

unironically

Changed the entire genre

more 'punk' than anything some white guys with guitars could churn out

theyre on tour this spring, go see em

I could have seen them on my birthday tomorrow, but they sold out too quick

heh, that sucks, theres probably going to be no one there in my town

Same, but only because it was the first real punk record I got when I was like 17 or 18.

I mean I did have Green Day cassette tapes that I got for Christmas when I was like 10 years old but they're as punk as 5SOS or whatever the kids are into these days.

I also borrowed a NOFX CD from my older brother when I was like 13 but again, not exactly a band that would blow the mind of a teen.

Also Johnny Rotten is a fucking tosser but hey the music and the album are undeniable.

They didn't change it really, they sounded like anything else from that time they just happened to get signed to a major record label.

I got into Mediocre Generica, their previous album, and they were really tight. Fuck World Trade was more musically diverse though and I probably liked it more.

I checked them out a while aog and they just looked and felt old and I also felt old as shit.

Not the one that changed me (was probably My War), but rn, its my fav punk album

Yes!
This album talked me out of some of my deepest emotional pits.
I can't fucking wait to see them in Chicago.

Unironically American Idiot

got me into crust, some dude on omegle showed it to me.

cheers you gloriuos bastard, such a shame i didn't save your email.

This

I'm assuming subgenres are ok?
In on the kill taker is the album that made me pick up a guitar, and actually care about learning about how to make music.
When I was in an emotive post-hardcore band back in 2011 we would play Rend It live, only a few people knew it was a cover lol
I've since moved on to the piano and now I make mostly electronic music, but I'll always appreciate this album.

Dubs confirms Gang Of Fours importance

Red eyed soul.
Came for the classical and pop, stayed for the punk.

There was a few albums that I stumbled upon around the same time, and I'm 50 percent sure this was the first of them. So I'll go with this, still two of my favorite albums.

your a dorable