/daily/ - Easter Edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>templates/listenalong schedules
dailymu-sic.weebly.com/

>>discord
discord.gg/8exuEmG

Previously, on /daily/: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jX6fqafv3_Q
dogwander.bandcamp.com/album/the-exalted-garden
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dogwander/the-exalted-garden/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jandek
youtube.com/watch?v=nZdaVg5r-3s
youtu.be/NUsRskazXME
play.spotify.com/album/64ZMu2kXpIZ8B8WaC0hPLH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

remove discord
remove weebly
remove pasta
remove topsters link prolly

Shrug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Emoji

Any of you guys ever listen to La Vida Boheme? Middle album is one of my top 10 albums of all time. And the first one is somewhere in my top 50-100.

the corner of 3.5s grows
>madlib - dil cosby suite
shit's like donuts if madlib made donuts. great. last track kinda blew my mind.

divine styler next!

time to go on a wonderful journey!

pls give full thoughts on Spiral Walls though. I love hearing people's thoughts on albums that exist in an entirely alternate universe from the rest of music.

not gonna get around to it tonight but ill do it first thing tomorrow i swear

Original Silence - The First Original Silence.

A great lineup performing noise-wank for an hour live. Jokes aside, all the musicians on this have some amazing albums, and all have noise tendencies, so it seems this was their chance to go hard on these tendencies together. Plenty of interesting textures and chaotic moments, many of which resembled passages in songs by Sonic Youth and Fire (not surprisingly). At times it reminded me of the more chaotic moments from Ground Zero's discography. That said, I can't say I really loved the concept. I love it when this chaos is used in the context of an amazing song, but in this case it was pretty tiring. 5

rym review below

>Boris - Flood

"Flood 2" is amazing (the album as a whole clicked during this song at 10:25ish). Someone compared it to a slowed down version of Fishman's "Daydream", one of my favorite tracks of all time, and the comparison is pretty accurate. I love the melancholic emotion of that track and this one. "Flood 3" was also pretty good, the grand droning guitars, especially towards the end, made me smile. However the 1st and 4th tracks were pretty boring honestly.

I really appreciate this album but I can't deny that, when listened to on it's own with your undivided attention, it can be a little slow. I think Flood is really good for creating atmospheres for situations/ moods/ settings you're in, but when you're just sitting at your computer listening to it while not doing much else, it can be a little too repetitive.

I would not be surprised if I enjoyed this more and more with further relistens (as of this review it's my 2nd time hearing it, the first time I gave it a 2/5). Drone albums like this usually require a lot of endurance, but when they click, they can be amazing.

3.5/5

Which next? I want an 8

All the janglecore is at least an 8!
Do Dialoghi del Presente.

Do you have a rym/faves chart/etc? I could suggest from there.

>All the janglecore is at least an 8
i'm L I T E R A L L Y dying

no you're fish

i'm watching realy shitty sliceoflife anime high

drinking four loko eating cheese pizza

i'm having shit taste and no on e can stop me

sup guys I'm a new tripfaggot named MC Cried

I'm really really high because I just took an edible, any recs? I like hip hop and electronic/idm and melodic symphonic music and all kindsa shit.

Smoked the weed for the first time in awhile last night, listened to Faust I. Was fun.

sup faggot

Faust I

Starting now

Better not be shit mane

dont be rude

it's none of those genres you listed
but it's danke

>Better not be shit mane
you just got memed pretty hard.

>hip hop, electronic and melodic symphonic music
Try Coil - The Remote Viewer

fuck you you fucking faggot

yeah this is danq

Why Don't You Eat Carrots? is kinda like musical shitposting ya know desu

D B R
O E U
N E D
T E E

Will do!

Don't have an RYM but this is a chart I made recently, first two rows are old favourites, the rest are current listens

Huerco S. is hella nice

how wasz it

minor thret boiii

I said it was fun. Duh.
I got way too high because I hadn't smoked in weeks or maybe even months. Once I got home I put on Faust and my mind was fucking blown desu.

kool l

ok

fduc k

lmao slow down on that four loko mane

>drinking four loko

Shit taste t b h

Welcome!

Evenin

Should take a look at Stara Rzeka after, didn't listen to all of it but highly enjoyed what I hear

>Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith
hellyeadude

whaddup im new too
>Melodic Symphonic
Owen Pallett - Heartland

bLASTING UGLY MANE

its BA AD

non

Whitney - Light Upon the Lake
>Indie Rock

I wasn’t expecting to enjoy this as much as I did honestly. It’s cozy indie rock with a nostalgic 70s feel. Nothing incredibly original as a result but it’s very cozy and flows great from front to back. There’s a little jazzy, loungy feel all over this that I quite liked. I don’t know what else to say other than it was tight - I need to revisit this because I can see it growing on me.

Suga Free - Street Gospel
>G-Funk, West Coast Hip-Hop

Dre gets all the fame and attention for inventing g-funk but DJ Quik (and Too $hort but that’s beside the point) started a very similar style at around time. The main difference is Dre’s beats tend to be low and heavy, with a tendency to draw in hardcore rappers. Quik’s beats are much lighter and suaver, with the bass sitting quieter (is that what it is?) in the mix. They sound like they should be crafted for a fly summertime pool party, with the samples giving the music a more sophisticated air. He produces this album in full and the beats kind of follow his typical pattern. He even manages to make chimes, flutes and cowbells sound amazing which is something I never expect.

Suga Free himself isn’t anything too special, Quik is the real star of the show, with those smooth beats. But I’ll say, Sugar Free is decently charismatic. His flow is less of the smooth Snoop/Warren G variety and more along the lines of west coast dudes like Spice 1 or MC Eiht (who ironically feuded with Quik). It’s scattered rather than concise, with his lines sounding a bit jarring at times. He still has a smooth side though.

So I can’t say I found myself paying attention to Free too much. He has this “heyheyI’mrappingsuperfassst!” Kinda thing he does on a few of the tracks and it’s semi obnoxious. Instead, I found myself pretty engrossed by Quik’s production which more than made up for Free.

Not great but it’s a prime example of LA hip-hop in the mid/late 90s.

3/5

youtube.com/watch?v=jX6fqafv3_Q

whitne is my gfs fav made me go to once it wwas okay

I just noticed this lmao

Pretty grody, I try to avoid it unless I'm trying to get super fucked up and also hate myself at the same time.

It's tight, not gonna lie. Really relaxing stuff which is exactly what I needed tonight before I head to bed. I could actually see it growing on me too

>cum pussy
>cum ass

Good morning /daily/!

Dog is out of the market. New gf woke up said that she has Naked In The Afternoon stuck in her head. I did well.

Anyway, gonna do the listenalong today.

Good morning, smurm is here next to me saying hello to you all ama

y'all niggas gay??

say hi back

/daily/ in a nutshell

Yes of course
:ok_hand:

Good morning, Vinter is here next to me saying hello to you all ama

Checked

say hi back

i'm gonna fuck you

no

here i come

Hey this is a music board no memes allowed

Listen to my album then
dogwander.bandcamp.com/album/the-exalted-garden

Pan it here
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dogwander/the-exalted-garden/

I'm actually with smurm atm no time for music

Holy fuck how good is the new Jandek wiki picture!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jandek

Lame

I think I'm falling for this modern classical meme

Thanks god

Hello everyone, hope that you're having a good day today.

Davy Graham - Folk, Blues & Beyond... (1965) - The title describes the album perfectly. It is a unique blend of folk, acoustic blues and various other influences. It is said to have lots of influence on British folk and blues scene back then. He was an influence for many folk guitarists such as Bert Jansch or John Renbourn. Nearly all songs on this album are shorter than 3 minutes and I would say that it is the perfect lenghth. His guitar playing is really great, and his voice is nice too. 3.5

Robbie Basho - Zarthus (1974) - Another beautiful album of his. Full of eastern influences again, but the last track, nearly 20 minutes piano piece is really the best thing on it. Robbie Basho is probably my favourite out of all American Primitivists, there’s just something mystical about his music, it’s so full of soul, and moreover, I just really like his music as a concept, combining traditional music from different places with american folk music, and making it his own music, and I’m interested in all those places and music from them that he was. When I was listening to that last track, sun suddenly stopped hiding behind the clouds and started shining. I really recommend this one, especially for people who like american primitivsm, or folk music in general. 4.0

How many times do you listen to an album before rating it? How much about theory do you know? I suspect I need to, at least, learn a bit more about music theory to enjoy even better some genres I'm not familiar with.
Also do you listen to the album while doing another shit? I'm going to schedule my listening to the end of the day so I do all my work during daytime without any music then exclusively listen to an album in the end of the night. I feel that sometimes when I try something new my ears are already tired from day long background familiar music then it makes the new album sounds not that good.

"modern classical" != "modern classical"

That's a lot of folk
The mississippi john hurt album is really good. Also Rodriquez has some top tunes

>taking music this serious

I guess not, I think I had the impression it would be modern classical beforehand for some reason. Definitely has some modern classical influences though

The Marshmallow Kisses - I Wonder Why My Favorite Boy Leaves Me an EP
[2004]

Amazing moody 12 minutes ep. Songwriting is top notch and I recommend it to literally anyone who isn't afraid of their music being cute.

I listen to most albums just once, there's too much of good music to spend lots of time just with one album, although sometimes I relisten some of them. I usually listen to music while browsing the internet or drawing, sometimes I listen to it while walking but I don't do that very often, I prefer to walk without music.
I don't think that you need to know music theory that much, although I'm sure that it would help with understanding the music, I think that you rather should just listen to lots of different music, different genres, different countries and so on. I guess that it is a bit like with painting, you don't need to know colour theory and history of painting to know that you like a painting, but it helps with understanding it, and sometimes enjoying it a bit more.

No doubt, what I meant is that "modern classical" is a really wide term for all kinds of contemporary music, from stuff indulged in the past through various breakthroughs to unlistenable wank
So if you're interested do some research before deciding on what to pick up next, having a proper context for developments really helps judge what is worth your time and what you might want to look for elsewhere if you know what I mean

kek, for some reason I really enjoy making things complicated.

This idea about theory comes from my experience in college. In the first years you say "cut this theory bullshit and lets just do practical or applied projects" then as time goes and you dedicate your time to really learn the theory then you start seeing the point in learning that and all the beauty.

Listening to whitney right now. Probably I'm gonna enjoy since I listen to Fleetfoxes once or twice a week.

can someone post the latest dailycore chart plz ?

Mwapwango was dark.

youtube.com/watch?v=nZdaVg5r-3s

Fucking shit, when is the new Greenpot Bluepot record coming out

calm down Potwanker

N I E !

>'sup im new'
>first post is 'just got high lmao'
oh boi

nothing better than converting gf's onto jandek so they can never rejoin society after you break up

has it been announced or something that she's making more???

>has it been announced or something that she's making more???
She released 2 snippets almost two years ago but that's about it
youtu.be/NUsRskazXME

ah damn thought there maybe is something new
maybe some day

been relistening to old favorites and warraw still holds up

post your weak mine was really good but then i got sad

>jandek songs stuck in her head
why do you do this to girls

I mostly listen to Daymares these days.
because I'm a cancerous meme that spreads onto whoever is seduced by my nonchalant behaviour

brand new track
play.spotify.com/album/64ZMu2kXpIZ8B8WaC0hPLH

>there's too much of good music to spend lots of time just with one album
there's too much time and effort put into any one album to just listen to them once

same as usual except different
highlight was Samurai Flamenco (not pictured)

that's not the latest!!

poseurcore evolved since then, dailycore did not

damn....

How's this Holter album?

is this a joke

How is everyone doing?

bad

good

fun week

i actually completely forgot a moon shaped pool existed wow

wow [2]

music to sip lean to?