Wut

wut

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HQDy-5IQvuU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Critics are plebs, not a big surprise there.

Aliens was the single most damaging movie in film history.

I liked Alien more than Aliens

Aliens is far better than Alien.

Aliens is a 10/10 while Alien is an 8/10 maybe 8.5/10

How so?

It made Hollywood realize they can pump out sequels to beloved action movies and make a ton of money. It pretty much killed big budget movies forever.

A slasher movie in space versus one of the greatest action movies of all time.

Is a 1% difference really indicative of anything?

>rotten tomatoes
Aliens>powergap>Alien3>powergap>Prometheus>powergap>Aliens

You mean GOOD sequels? Because they don't do that.

What is this - some kind ratings loop?

I'm not saying it's not a good movie. It just started the very very bad trend.

That's fair enough.

The greatest sci-fi horror ever vs some action movie

How do we fix this chickenshit site?

Alien and Aliens are both fantastic, albeit different takes on the setting. Alien is a classic slasher flick in space, while Aliens is a scifi Vietnam movie.

Aliens turned them into bugs

and newt is the worst character she should have died in the water

there aren't many action movies better than Aliens user

zero tension. they are shot up like nothing. and cameron reuses shots of aliens getting shot

pleb.

literally nothing changed about them though

the solitary xeno from the first movie would have been cut to ribbons if the crew had the kind of firepower the marines were carrying

>half the squad dies in the very first fight
>limited ammunition a major plot point- the enemy has more bodies than the marines have bullets
>every single firefight afterwards has at least one member of the group either die or get severely wounded
>"they cut the power!"
>no tension

Yeah nah

>the solitary xeno from the first movie would have been cut to ribbons
yeah and so would have the ship

zero tension le newt getting assfucked in the sewer oh wait she survives because this isnt horror its a fucking shoot em up flick

Well sure. What I liked about the two movies was how it revealed by progression what a huge threat the xenos were. If Gorman had managed to smuggle that facehugger back to earth it would have likely resulted in a catastrophic loss of human life.

Did you somehow miss the part where the aliens needed live hosts to gestate their young? the xenos only killed people they considered a threat, and a solitary girl isn't going to register on that list. They dragged her back to the rape cave to make more aliens instead.

disagree

when they are finally allowed to use their weapons, the marines are blowing away aliens right and left in the sequel

in the original, the creature is seen withstanding rocket exhaust and is still alive and kicking as it floats off into space

They litteraly kidnap people so they can later rape them and make them have a violent deadly miscariage in order to reproduce.
That's what the aliens do, and it's exactly what happens to newt.
Do you even know what franchise we're talking about here?

While Aliens is still one of my favourite movies. I'll have to agree on that point, the individual aliens were too squishy, should have maybe shown them shrug of some smaller firearms at the very least.

they should have massacred newt

you can't 'massacre' a single person you dolt

and why? they'd just end up with one viable host dead, they need them alive

the got a colony somehow. she should have shredded her and eaten her they have to eat right

did you forget how the facility they were in was occupied by hundreds of people before the marines showed up?

thats a was she survived there for a while until the rescue mission

Aliens is such shit, Cameron may be an alright technical director but he cannot write for shit

So many missed opportunities

There is no tension, it's basically action non stop and it solidifies itself firmly into cliche territory from the start so the audience can guess what happens

Aliens aren't scary because they're wasted in the dozens by sentry guns

Cutting the power doesn't really do anything significant, and the Alien Queen bossfight? Jesus

You're right. They're both worth 100%.

>While Aliens is still one of my favourite movies. I'll have to agree on that point, the individual aliens were too squishy, should have maybe shown them shrug of some smaller firearms at the very least.

>Weapons firing caseless, explosive tipped amunition

>Biological beings should be able to shrug this off

It was pretty realistic desu

what sentry guns? are you watching a cut of the movie I'm not aware of?

aliens is worthless

Although if I had to choose "the one" it would probably be Aliens.
It's clear that both movies are equally good though. The most obvious answer.

pew pew pew

such a great kino!

>ctrl+f
>bonus
>0 results

It's a priceless gem made with great dedication, thought and just a kind of a movie that just doesn't get made anymore.

Extended cut

>great dedication
>priceless gem
thanks for the laugh I dont watch that tripe

Oh, yeah I heard that cut was dogshit and more or less ruined the movie. Don't watch it user, stick to the theatrical release because that's what people who liked the movie are talking about.

Stop. Pretending to be a tasteless faggot isn't a very good idea for a bait. It's very humiliating.

Gotdamn company men

It made the movie even richer. Didn't cut anything and just added things. Like the one about Ripley's daughter or Newt's family. I've only seen theatrical cut once and I'll never watch it again. I can't even thnk about watching any other version.

I have seen it once and the theatrical cut is far better.

The pacing really gets thrown off with the extra scenes.

Aliens is just another gun-blazing action movie

>Not watching the director's cut
Shiggy

That's the only scene that they shouldn't have cut.

Explain how Alien is an action film?

It isn't. Meanwhile Aliens has cool battles with glorified forklifts, gaffertaping weapons together to make superweapons, an enemy that doesn't look obviously like some dude but in latex. Not to mention the archetypical vent scene.

>tasteless faggot
>disliking james cameron
pick one

youtube.com/watch?v=HQDy-5IQvuU

>A mindless action flick is better than a generation defining scifi film
ok.jpg
better go reserve your tickets for captain america 3

First shots in Aliens are fired at 1:14h. Everything before that is pure set up. The movie isn't even that action packed yet it feels like some sort of epic full of attractions.
It's amazing. They really don't make them like this anymore.

>epic
its not epic

see

wow such great tension

i miss friendly black guys
they all have to be realistic people nowadays with the real life violent anger and propensity for cheating white people

We sign up start giving shit reviews to "great" normie movies and start giving good reviews to absolutely shit movies.

Didn't Ridley try to retconn this by explaining the first human born alien was the first of it's kind and therefor very tough and pure while the other Aliens were invariably weaker due to assimilating a ton of human DNA and then sperging out more eggs already familiar with human DNA.

Kinda like inbreeding.

Thank God Ridley Scott isn't the one making Blade Runner 2.
Aging directors should be prohibited from messing with their old movies.

Aliens: earth war.

It was an unused idea for the aliens sequel where ripley gets back to earth to find a hive of aliens had broken containment. Dark horse being dark horse turned it into a novelization and comic book iirc. This is also where the aliens vs predator comic came from.

What genre did it define again?

More pertinently, can you go more than twenty words before arguing yourself into a corner?

As someone else said, it's a slasher flick, in spaaaace! Ginger made it not shit, and I'm a fan of Ridley Scott.

Xeno from Alien:
> First time a Xeno bonded to a human, therefor was "closer" to a true xeno than to a human. Retained most of the species genome since it never had contact with a human. This xeno was also larger than regular xenomorphs.

Xenos from Aliens:
> Several fast-spawned generations of Xenos that had quickly diluded their own genome to that of humans, therefor having more human characteritics, such as inheritting their weaknesses and losing some Xenomorphic qualities. These Xenos where smaller than the original Xenomorph.

Theory further proved by how the first Predatormorph was incredibly tough and resilient.

It makes sense actually. It fits well with the Xenos biology (biological weapon to wipe out other species).

It makes sense they'd start getting the weaknesses of their hosts after a while and become more removed from the first generations of their kin.

>more or less ruined the movie.
Not really. A few scenes of the colony and how they found the alien and the sentry gun scene. It screws the pacing up a bit and doesn't add a lot. I do like ripley finding out about her daughter though.

Abyss is really the only directors cut from JC that i could say is improved by the additional material.

But you should buy the boxset any way. Those featurettes are just 10/10.

actually since the Aliens are designed to inherit the characteristics of their hosts it makes perfect sense that after they keep bonding themselves to humans they start to water themselves out.

Just like how in prometheus the original facehugger is a fucking giant octopus and later on they devolved into hand spider things.

How come Alien shows the old boxart, but Aliens shows the new boxart?

Why didn't Ripley's daughter have any children

Did she died a virgin

Aliens is epic. sorry. by any means measurable, mostly because of all the lore behind it now, but also because it's influence on media, and even the scale of the story.

She was a modern woman focused on her career. She probably had cats though. Aliens is very realistic portrait of the future.

Show me movies influenced by Aliens

>Blade Runner

That cunt managed to try to ruin his movie 20 years after the fact by making Deckard a replicant when both the screenwriter and the actor portraying him told him it was a shitty fucking idea and he should neck himself.

Pol was right again

I just realized Ripley never came back for Jonesy and he died of starvation trapped in her apartment

Alien helped make The Thing popular
Aliens made Predator popular

Beyond that almost every sci-fi movie is based off that Alien look. You can't say that Event Horizon looks like Star Wars or Star Trek. Alien and Aliens are 2 of the best movies that have "dark" lighting that everyone tries to emulate, and most of them fucking fail at PvA2 worse tehn most.

If nothing else Tim Burton's Batman is almost a direct rip of Aliens style, which helped dicate that stupid industrial move for generations, That set used for Batman was reused so much it pretty much redfined a shit ton of movies because of it.

The setting and lighting alone of Alien movies is one of the biggest influences of movies. To have scenes so dark, and yet still be light up colorfully and show depth and texture.

The scene in Alien where ridley shows the monitor was hugely influential too. No one really did that before. So when you have scenes in music videos and movies after that show the CRT monitors that is something widely pointed out as Alien influence.

Unlike Blade Runner it's not style of a slick future but more of the grunge industrial one, and you could even contribute the entire industrial and grunge movement that lead to the rise of alt music in the 90's to it.

It all seems like "naw that can't be" but the influence of the those 2 movies is the reason for so many dark and gritty shit in movies and video games to this day, that honestly if they didn't exist, it's hard to say WHAT our present future would be like. It might have been more like the Star Wars and Star Trek style of slick clean and polished looking shit.

Alien 3 carried on that tradition too, obviously, but these were movies that contrasted to 2001 silent white that made sci-fi also dark and noisy.

I mean you have to also blame H.R. Giger too, but the fact that he got so much renown because of aliens. And that Alien brought H.R. Giger to the forefront of art.

To kids now Alien is just a movie that seems to have been done 100 times, as opposed to the movie that set an entire trend and pretty much shaped the 80's and 90's. That almost was never made because.... people didn't really like sci-fi movies.

Wouldn't have had The Thing without Alien. 100%

actaully an orginal theme from the book. people are split on is Deckard human or not. It's never really proven either way, and really was why it was called "DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP" and not Blade Runner. The Story was all about IS DECKARD HUMAN.

So it would be more interesting if he wasn't.

I don't care, It's good either way. But you obviously are some sort of idiot.

"We have 4 pulse rifles left with about 50 rounds each"
>proceeds to have a 6 minute shootout spraying and praying the whole time

Yea, nah

from predator being big, you then had it's influences on MGS games which then influenced the massive stealth games of Hitman and Assassin's creed, and in turn these helped established teh entire genre.

It's hard to look at single steps when you look at influences, because you can see how it snow balls, once you start looking at the influences.

Because MGS is one of the most important pinnacles in gaming. You can easily say, no it's not, and figure games would be the same, or not, or worse or better, but the fact is MGS influenced a lot of people, and shaped an industry. Movies have pretty much shaped the entire gaming industry as we know it. From the start. Movies have probably dictated the game industry more then anything. And Alien and Aliens pretty much is the sole source of influences for Doom. Which needless to say shaped the entire industry as we know it.

If you watch closely Hudson is the only one praying and spraying, and almost everyone runs out of ammo in that scene. Hicks has to resort to his shotgun, Vasquez and Gorman are both down to pistols in the vents, and Hudson dies. Ripley is only as decked out as she is in the last scene because she's had a chance to resupply.

nowhere in his post did user mention the word "good"

He's right, Hollywood had never pumped out cheap sequels before 1984. Certainly not in the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s.

Jesus christ...

Aliens is an action movie made for the lowest common denominator by, who else, james cameron (see titan and avatar, the guy is a master at this)

I like Aliens and its an okay addition to the series, but at the same time I feel it hurt it more. Alien is by far superior

titanic*

who watches the theatrical cut? I think the extended cut was the first one I saw and I cant imagine it any other way

>most damaging movie in film history.
>not E.T.
Try again.

It murdered The Thing.

I watched it before the extended cut was ever released. My folks had taped it off of a showing on HBO.

to be honest I felt that they tried with the new The Thing so I give them an A for effort, but it's just not possible to achieve the same

Cap 3 already came out bozo

>critics
>Rotten Potato
I laughed.

The Thing prequel sucked. It wasn't even trying to be a Thing movie. It was trying to be Aliens.

I fucking hate aliens in comparison to alien, they completely ruined the mystery and atmosphere of the planet, there's no interesting atmosphere when you have a bunch of redneck space people in some retarded looking truck

>original facehugger

Is there an original facehugger? It came from shaw's boyfriend's semen which was infected with black goo.

This implies that there are many different ways facehuggers can be created out of black goo, but ultimately it leads to a xenomorph with different characteristics, phenotypical or more

wasn't someone on the station taking care of Jonesy?

>Why didn't Ripley's daughter have any children
>Did she died a virgin
Ripley's daughter is actually the focus of Alien Isolation and it's the second best piece of Alien media in my opinion. She worked a lot and then got traumatized by the Xenos, I doubt she really felt the need or desire to bring children into the world.

No.