I have $10,000 AUD to spend on a car (that's $7675 for you American Anons)

I have $10,000 AUD to spend on a car (that's $7675 for you American Anons)

It can't be a V8 or too powerful for legal reasons

I like cars that look sporty and medium - small sized

Any suggestions?

Pic related but probably not available for the money I've got, not even sure if it's legal. Hopefully it gives you a good idea of the things I like anyway.

Also I'm not very good with cars

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Subaru-Liberty-2007/OAG-AD-14197578
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Holden commodore vl

It's a bit too old for my taste, I'm quite young and I'd like a car that somewhat reflects that

Here's essentially what I drive at the moment but it has heavy hail damage and Dad wants it back to train my siblings on how to drive.

Fg falcon Xr6 or a real good Ba falcon

Miata life

I forgot to mention, it needs at least 4 seats, preferably (much more preferably) 5

You can't buy a v8? Do you live in fagsville?

Mazda RX8 (Renesis)
190 BHP Rotary

Subaru impreza?

What kind of legal reasons can you not have a v8 wut

Cause I'm young and where I live they don't trust young people with nice cars

Honda S2000 lad.

Well, with 10k you can basically buy two Miatas.

RX-8 is pretty fun car too, its just not reliable.

Mercedes slk 2004-2010.

What state you a p plater in?

QLD

Golf gti

Just buy a good quality toyota corolla.
They are good looking unassuming people movers.
Stupid faggots and bogans spend money on second hand cars.
Anything more than a 4 cylinder and your officially a wanker

Fag

get a n/a skyline or silvia then turbo it when you are off your Ps or an rx8

They're good at their job but why not get something that you can be proud of?

Why have a shit car with shit mods when you can get a good car for the same price?

Sedan mazda 6 or hatch 3

>Bein proud of a car

whats shit about them

Well they're fucking expensive and it's a symbol of growing up and power, of course I would be proud of it

T. Woman

why is this picture posted so often?

I bet you're the sort of fuckwit who thinks doing doughnuts in an abandoned construction site is a great way to spend your time.

Because you're

Go hot(ish) hatch
Golf, Polo, maybe a newer Corolla or Mazda3
Not too sporty, but nippy nonetheless

>7k USD
>Sporty
>Seats 5

So you post a picture of a new GT 86, which has almost no room in the back, with a price tag at 24k USD. You have no idea about cars man, just get a fucking old Carolla or a civic.

Well the thing is I come from a reasonably wealthy family so it's not actually my money.

Dad told me a few days ago that he would give me $10,000 to buy a car so I don't really have the option of saving it up.

Ausfag probationary licenses mean 130kW/t power limits for vehicles

Got a GT86. Trust me. Find the money. Live sideways.

Here for over 10 years, this pic triggers the fuck out of me.

I said I don't know much about cars, I just really like the 86 series because it looks sporty and it's not unreasonably priced (as in the average person could save up for it with a bit of effort), I didn't consider that 5 seats would be a requirement until after I started the thread

its reliable as fuck, people dont know hot to treat them and they get treated like horse shit

Meh, stand by my claim.
Impress your dad by not spending all his cash.
5K to 6K on a good second hand corolla

Also, these cars are nice

I dont know if you can get it in Aus. Mate but the Fiat Punto evo is agood car.

That's put a GT86 close to the line, 200hp and ~1300kg i think?

If you don't know about cars, and you don't work on them regularly, don't buy a sports car. You'll spend way more having someone else fixing it when you break something. Get a car that is reliable that you don't care about and can run in to the ground.

would've said focus rs or focus st, but 1. I dunno if they are available in Aus and 2. if is right, the rs wont be an option as it is too juicey

1250kg

Alfa Romeo 147 1.9JTD Q2 - 150HP
Light, fast, cheap parts, awesome car
With a little money can be tuned 200hp+

I don't want a sports car necessarily, just something that resembles one

if you dont know shit about cars, get a corolla or some basic shit. owning any turbo or car that needs attention should stay out of your hands

In what fucking shithole do you live so that you can't own a V8?

>Hyundai

non è la macchina più fighetta di sempre, è una buona macchina, col modello da 95cv ci si può divertire

not the nicest car ever, just a good car, with the 95cv model you can have fun (and fiat engines are just the best so 95cv here is like 150cv on another brand)

It's called Australia, the whole country is very focused on ensuring that you are kept safe at all times and definitely do not have any fun

Op in 3 weeks

Subaru liberty
carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Subaru-Liberty-2007/OAG-AD-14197578

Tivibi
And true..fiat engines are just the best.

Ora sto guidando una fiorino brasiliana del 2007 e non mi da problemi

not so much advice about WHICH car, but finding cheap cars (imho the best cars - because when you fuck them up its no big deal) not sure how it works in australia, but i've purchased dozens of cars at various types of auctions. bottom of the barrel police auctions up to higher end repo auctions. you wont be finding any ferraris for a dollar but the generally the good cars sell for about 2/3 of their listed value... i guarantee with your 7k usd i could find a decent mercedes...

The 86/BRZ (FRS) is under the limit I think, I see P platers in them all the time, but yeah, still a little over OP's budget unless he's buying used

RS is a nogo, but I think some of the ST models come in just under 130, if you could pick up a clean used one you'd have a pretty nice set of wheels

This - a hundred times over.
If you've got no desire to learn how to maintain your car, keep it simple.

THIS. "i just wanted a sporty car"

Get a minivan and squint when ya look at it fag

more like CLK 270/320
more robust

Ve commy sv6 m8

I used to think this.

Years of working on rotaries later and I don't believe a consumer engine should require the levels of care and maintenance the RX-8 does.

Plus I've never seen rust like it on a relatively new car, the bolts are always shearing and snapping all over the vehicle.

Mazda have now said to all intents and purposes that the rotary engine is dead and they were the only people really prepared to put the R&D funding behind them, so rotary for now is a dead concept in practice, if not in principle.

As a support engine for electric vehicles there is a lot to be said but I don't see the R&D necessary for a properly reliable rotary platform being done in the next 10 years, by which time something else will have been developed and latched onto by the big companies anyway.....

Barring, of course, the myriad of deadly snakes and spiders

get a non turbo toyota mr2 sw20, nissan skyline etc etc.

Kek lost it

>shooting up schools is fun
yeah we don't like that over here.

keep your shit hole country to yourself you dumb americunts.

To be fair, you could get plenty of amerifag v8's and still be well under 130kw/t...

Exactly. I have seen so many under 100k km driven ones that has engine swap or complete rebuild.

i own an rx8, and its not hard to maintain, but procedures need to be done every drive to keep it healthy. and no you dont need a fucking rebuild at 80k.

lol I'm from Australia

I'd also rather be running from snakes than kids with assault rifles but I feel that they take it a bit too far sometimes in Australia

If you can afford a $100 000+ car and the maintenance expenses of such a car, you have all the reason to be proud of what you achieve and show off

If you are OP and you have not more than $7500 to buy a car there is nothing to be proud of . A sport car at this cost will be a black hole into which you will pouring too much money

Subaru Forester XT/GT. Cops don't look at them and they go hard. I think at least some of them are P plate legal. Also you can chuck the seats down in the back and smash sloots.

Only took me two... we all learn, some the hard way

get a volkswagen sedan.. jetta, golf, passat, etc.. they are reliable and you can get a good used one with low miles for around the amount you have. or maybe a subaru .. if you want something with AWD. if i had 10k, personally i'd get a truck, like a nice toyota or a diesel if i could find one cheap enough, but if you want a car, then VW or subaru imo.

>can't own a v8

No reason to live

maybe for you who has no idea what a piece of shit is and whats a good car.

fuck off reject.

OP you should be asking this on /o/ and not Sup Forums

Rotaries are not reliable. They have never been reliable. Ever. It's just the design, there's no way around it.

Fuck sporty, get a D21 and have something that'll outlast your kids.

>Go to /o/
>Only replies are Miata

>V8 Nice car, get a skyline if you need a faggot 4 door car

>who has no idea what a piece of shit is and whats a good car.
I happen to be a motor vehicle inspector and this is why I replied to this thread in order to give advice
I see those kids and their "cool" cars everyday, coming smiling, leaving crying

XTs are quick i'd get one and lower the fuck out of it to make it look like a wagon

Get a civic or an accord.

>Motor vehicle inspector
Says it off fuck off cunt you guys ruin the car scene thinking you're helping people out, youre a gimp for the government no wonder you sound depressed and don't know what it's like to own something youre proud of.

Manual Mazda RX8

I got an 08 corolla with 120k miles on it sports edition for like 7.5k.

mazda mx5 or suzuki swift s pack.

excellent fun, cheap on juice and cheap on rego.

plus the mx5 is a soft top coupe so its basically guaranteed to get you laid. unless you're neck-bearded-hamplanet