How did he see Paul in London?

How did he see Paul in London?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cISYzA36-ZY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the guy dubs guy killed wasn't actually Paul Allen

I was thinking maybe, but in the business card scene, the other suits call him Paul Allen.

I'm thinking the lawyer and the realtor are covering up the murders, as Bateman's final speech talks about how he'll never be punished.

no ones covering up shit. it's more than likely it's fitting with the running theme of mistaken identity. either the lawyer was another shallow suit who thought he met Paul Allen or Patrick killed someone completely different.

and he calls dubs guy Halberstram

Because Bateman is crazy and everything that happens in the movie is all in his head so nothing has to make sense. It's like a dream.

PAUL LONDON AND THE BRIAN KENDRICK ITS FORESHADOWING. WE /WWE/ NAO

No, I think my idea follows the theme that high class people are untouchable.

No one at the cleaners cares about the blood, he tells bartenders that he'll murder them but they don't listen, when he kills the hooker with a chainsaw, no one leaves their apartments.

I like the mistaken identity themes a lot, but that guy had to be Paul.
youtu.be/cISYzA36-ZY

nice meme

>tfw you realize Bateman is actually Paul Allen

because he MISTOOK whoever he met in london for paul allen, much like paul allen MISTOOK bateman for halberstram.

>this movie
>your head

>Hey Hamilton, Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

What did he mean by this?

Refute my points then.

American Psycho the book/film follows more in line with ideas of identity or lack thereof, satirizing the yuppie life style. Also I shouldn't have to tell you it's never clear what is or isn't in Bateman's head so...

>Also I shouldn't have to tell you it's never clear what is or isn't in Bateman's head so...
Well, no shit. I like the murder scenes though, so of course I'm going to talk as if he DID kill Paul and the others.

the point of the kino is that no one fucking cared

They dress the same, go to the same places, have the same title. He may have seen Paul or he may have seen someone else. It doesn't matter whether Bateman killed Allen or not because they are all the same.

He knew saw Paul in London because as they're lawyer and not just some nepatised VP he actually had to know the faces and the names.
unlike Bateman who like the other VP's is so shallow he notices only clothing and accessories and therefore often confuses people.

Leto is actually Paul Allen, we the viewer know this, we the viewer also know that the VP's are unsure and unconcerned of who each are.
the theme here is total focus on apearence and branding to determine who you are, eg people are known by what they were, and they wear what theyre known for..

>I'm thinking the lawyer and the realtor are covering up the murders, as Bateman's final speech talks about how he'll never be punished.
No Bateman has severe personality disorders and the final speech is him accepting that in his own insane way

Bateman spends his life inside of his head, in a fantasy world (explained by his diary depicting the fantasys he believed he had actually carried out

when Willem Dafoe is asking him where he was when Paul Allen is killed, Bateman makes up an excuse because in his mind he killed him.. when in actualy reality he was at the same dinner with Paul Allen just in his own mind fantasizing about killing him.. but because we the viewer are seeing it from Batemans mental perspective (established from the opening shower scene) we also believe that he killed Paul because we see the fantasy not the reality

Very fair.
I'm assuming the scene where he has the nail gun to Jean's head, it was the first time he actually tried to kill someone, but sent her home and chose instead to keep living the fantasies so he would never hurt anyone IRL.

exactly

He's just a happy hamburger

he did you stupid nigger. shut up and go back to capeshit

He didn't, but he thought he did because all the yuppies are interchangeable with each other. Same way Bateman gets mistaken for others several times.