Why do polish people love pickles so much?

Why do polish people love pickles so much?

They're always eating weird shit like purple cabbages and white stuff looks like broccoli.

Why?
Any Pollacks here?

>white stuff looks like broccoli

Cauliflower?

To think of it, we've been eating this for ages now.
It's just how we are
It's a part of our history as well.
You won't get any more slavic than those meals will get you

Oh my goodness

Because of a long, cold, winter.

Is it because what was grown there locally/cheap?

What not potatoes and carrots what we see as normal root vegetables and peas and beans and shit?

Not being a cunt, genuinely curious.

It's actually both.
It's both local and cheap.
Also, we eat potatoes and carrots as well. Who do you t hink we are?
It's just some of the more traditional dishes we use purple cabbage and pickles for.

Yeah, our kitchen is shit.

We could ask you Amaricans why do you like peanut butter, or Canadians about maple syrup. It all boils down to local tradition - I eat them because they were a part of my parents' diet, as it was their parents' and so on. It's never about flavor or other characteristics, it's always about the culture and exposition.

cauliflower and cabbage?

Pretty standard food in all of europé you dumb cunt, unless you are modern fast food slave

Belgians do this too

Cause pickles are the source of true slav power my friend... also they taste nice on sandwitch.

Then what things do you consider not local that you now prefer.
Does fast food taste shit compared to the contrst of these very plain tasting food. Or is everything covered in salt anyway?

i live and poland and they dont eat that

>they
Go back to your country, eh?

There's just alot of explaining to this.
Those traditional dishes are made from time to time, but non local foods are eaten as well.
Both taste as good to be honest.
For example, take polish potato pancakes. Unlike everyone, poles made their pancakes to be salty and from potatoes. And it worked out well.
Though many cooks just overdo them, adding many unneccessary things to them, like cheese or pineapple. I wouldn't eat that honestly.

Fair enough. Makes sense.

I fucking hate fast food and would rather eat root stuff as it feels better when eating.

Beetroot is great.

Is having watery sauces with everything polish, skavic or European?

We have thick sauces

Honestly, as far as I'm eating polish foods, not all the sauces are watery. It's quite the opposite - poles prefer the thick sauces.
And so those dishes are more popular, at least in my family.

my fast food meals are covered in guilt - I don't like the taste of McDonald shit, and it's awful expensive here, yet I keep coming back, I don't know whhy

Back when I still could enjoy food I remember when my parents took me to what I believe was italian restaurant and I had chicken breast fillet with chantarelle white sauce and small jacket potatoes - It was the best meal I had in my entire life hands down

What's a Pollack?

I'm polish and I'm suprised( in a good way) by your question.Really the Answer is only one , .Because We Love IT.
(By the way you make me laughing)
It's just a cucumber .... seriously ...
It's not a killing machine hehe:)))

Derogatory term for Pole in the US.
Just common Sup Forums things. For you.

I live in Poland and hell yeah they eat
I had to learn to like this, which weirdly I do now.

Agreed.

>white stuff looks like broccoli

Is this how Americans see the world?