Is this the most groundbreaking film of the 2010s?

Is this the most groundbreaking film of the 2010s?

Yes.

yes

It's a good film, but I wouldn't call it groundbreaking. In fact, in some ways it's a bit of a throwback.

What ground did you think it broke, OP?

Haven't seen it. What's groundbreaking about it?

OGF did it first

What's groundbreaking about it?

I watched it, thought it was pretty average arthouse sci-fi.

The erect cocks.

>Most characters were played by non-actors; many scenes where Johansson's character picks up men were unscripted conversations with men on the street filmed with hidden cameras.
tfw you're walking along being scottish and some scarlet johansson lookalike stops her van next to you and picks you up and you think you're going to stick it in

It was more than average. It was really good.

You're right about it not being groundbreaking though.

I just realized that after the experience the guys were likely accosted by a lawyer shoving a waiver in their faces.

>groundbreaking

I don't know. Best? Yea, along with Certified Copy, Malick Trilogy and The Master

when they got into the van there was a team telling them that they're making a movie

there's probably some fun behind the scenes footage from this movie. i wonder how hard it was for scarlett to understand those scots at first

>walking down street
>meet hot chick
>get in her van
>guy surprises me
>starts talking at me
>can't understand his stupid American accent
>assume he's a pimp
>reach for my wallet

kek

it's starting a trend of making narrative-driven novels into quiet arthouse films

Don't know about groundbreaking, but certainly one of the best if not the best so far.

>that baby on the beach scene
Fuck that father the most
Fuck that mother
Fuck that retarded dog
Nothing has ever made me so mad in a movie before

Upstream Color did it first and I found it better.

Why so many Jews?

F F S
F
S

There wasn't anything groundbreaking about it.

It followed that trend not start it. You really think there was never any movie like that until 2014?

I feel like they left out some pretty vital stuff from the book that would have made it less confusing and filled some plot holes. It's beautifully shot, though.

Has Sup Forums ever considered just converting? I mean if you can't beat 'em... sleep with their women.

Yeah, we know there's a lot of Jews in Hollywood, a lot of blacks in the NBA, tons of Christians in the clergy, and so many Asians in engineering. But the thing is, unlike Sup Forums, I don't give a shit.

>plot holes.
There weren't any plot holes though.

Mandy Moore is Jewish?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have said it was the first successful one, which is starting the trend

>tons of Christians in the clergy
Who else would you expect in the clergy?

Gyllenhaal is Jewish.

FFFUUUUGGG, DESTROY ISRAEL BEFORE THEY CAN ESCAPE THE COLLAPSE OF AMERICA

>implying they aren't already an intergalactic race

I want more dead Palestinian babies!!

It wasn't successful though, it was a failure at the box office and the director hasn't done a thing since.

Maybe I am trying too hard to compare it to the book. The film is like an interpretive dance version of the book.

It is a very good film but in no way would I call it groundbreaking

the only way this movie makes sense is that it was made as an experiment. the director wanted to make the dumbest movie possible while still being able to convince an a-list actress to get naked for it. this might be the most dim witted movie of the past 40 years. it just shows that if you film something in the rain and have all your actors look miserable, dumb shits like Sup Forums and film critics will mistake it for depth.

why do you think the film is dim-witted? I enjoyed the films take on not holding the audiences hand and instead forced the watcher to partake in what was going on, on a very basic level of human existence.

I can't believe the hacks behind Stranger Things didn't received any critics about the black world rip-off. And don't talk about muh "homage" Under the Skin is not that popular and that's how they got away with it.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D