Ask an unemployed stem cell biologist anything

Ask an unemployed stem cell biologist anything.

"stem cell biologist"

vague and fake and gay.

why are you unemployed?

What do you think about Heidegger's departure from Husserlian phenomenology by focusing on Dasein as always-already in-the-world? Contrast with Husserl's later notion of the Lebenswelt

I have a PhD in medical science. Primarily focused on Lgr5 SCs in the small intestine.

Average PhD. Unsuccessul postdoc after that.

that sucks OP. I'm unemployed with a phd too. what are you going to try to do from here?

I have a BA in biology and I make more money than you as a research tech

Does MacDonalds pay extra for each phd?

>What do you think about Heidegger's departure from Husserlian phenomenology by focusing on Dasein as always-already in-the-world? Contrast with Husserl's later notion of the Lebenswelt

in 5 words or less

Not unless you suck off the manager

I agree. On both.

Become a male prostitute. Or work in a supermarket or something.

I know. I've started to not mention my PhD and go for lower qualification jobs.

Can you show me an example of progress being made through embryonic stem cell research?

Is it already possible to "programm" biological viruses?

In addition to their value for basic research (development and differentiation) and the whole CRISPR/Cas9 gene therapy angle, we see many approaches to use either ePSCs or iPSCs in cell replacement therapy coming to clinical fruition. There for instance have been some promising results when it comes to replacement of dopaminergic neurons or beta-cells.

When you are talking about gene therapy by using retroviruses/lentiviruses/adenoviruses, it's slowly approaching clinical usability. It is no problem to introduce some genetic materials (e.g. a transgene) to viruses. However, correcting mutations was quite difficult due to low efficiency of recombination. This has now been improved a lot due to CRISPR/Cas9. Biggest problem at the moment is homing, i.e. only infecting the tissue / organ of interest.

How long until growing organs is not just possible, but scalable in such a way that everyone has access? In rich countries, I mean.

Is your work being combined with the work of neuroscientists?

Have you ever heard of initiative 2045?

what about making a viral vector with some in silico-designed receptor specific for intestinal mucosa that also contains CRISPR/cas9 and a gene of interest. Say, for people who have shittty tight junctions or something

Hard to say. Initial clinical trials with e.g. regenerated organs based on seeding SCs on decellularised or synthetic scaffolds have been failing miserably.

How long should cookies be in the oven?

Possible. But first you have to find a suitable target (i.e. a molecule expressed specific on the cells of interest) and then design (or find) a receptor.

Has anyone ever gone so far as even to need more to do look more like?

Does your oven have a glass front? Problem solved - just take a fucking look now and then.

Yes.

is theory of evolution correct in your opinion? how do you estimate the chances that maybe we were created, or beginning of life and universe itself was planned?

Why the hell are you on Sup Forums?

What part of "unemployed" did you not get?

Is it possible to use stem cells to turn me into a real girl???

>is theory of evolution correct in your opinion?

Yes. The evidence is overwhelming.

>how do you estimate the chances that maybe we were created, or beginning of life and universe itself was planned?

is a metaphysical and not a biological question.

No.

What country you in OP? Going to try going into the medical profession such as NHS etc or not your thing?

pic related

What about a child? Could stem cells turn me into a child?

How do you get stem cells to work on at home?

got a torn shoulder (many different tears)
waiting to see surgeon (18 months in the process so far - welcome to canada)
are stem cell injections viable alternative to surgery (dont know how serious yet)

I'm in Germany. And going for an MD would take another 8 years.

No.

Pity, in the UK it's a 3 year course to do immunogenetics etc for NHS

Can stem cells really not make me a girl?
I'm fucking disappointed.