What would you do if you saw this guy walking around on the street in the US?

What would you do if you saw this guy walking around on the street in the US?

buy him a beer

"TREASON! EXECUTE HIM! NOT A REAL AMERICAN! SAD!" - Donald Trump

suck him off

wonder what I'm doing in death row

Wonder why I'm in the US and how I get out of this shit tier country

Shake his hand

Thank him for letting us know the government was secretly violating our 4th amendment rights.

This

thank him, ask if he needs anything to stay safe...

he may not be a "patriot" by definition, but he is a hero for true liberty

hurr durr ur a KOMMUNIST

Pretty much this.

Perhaps the only thing I hate about Trump, his stance on whistleblowers. It's the exact same for Obama and Clinton. Fucking disgusts me. Snowden is a hero.

If I were Trump I'd say we're not going to chase you but don't come back here

who's dat ?

Eddie snowden

thank him for his great service to america and express regret that nothing actually changed

I wouldn't give a shit

>walking around on the street in Moscow, USA

ok

I would fuck him

this

Isn't there a huge reward from the US govt?

hes CIA

-kick him in the balls as hard as I could, to incapacitate him
-call the FBI and ask if there's a reward for him
-if so, collect it
-if not, tell them where he is anyway

traitor needs to rot in prison

Yet you people do nothing to stop them from spying on you

VPNs, Tor and Signal

implying you would be a hero in a state where noone gives a flying fuck about you
>kys

Fpbp

also you would get the exact opposite effect of what youre probably hoping for

Sad, I know. People here fall the dumbest shit to keep their attention away from the real problems. "hurr Flynn talked with Russia before the election! Treason! Fire him!" They're spoon feed irrelevant things to get outraged about and totally forget our rights have been violated by our own government under not only Bush, but the black messiah known as Obama.as well.

Ready my high-five

Give him a handshake and thank him

It started way before Bush and won't stop with Trump.

Obama was just president when social media and smart phones really became a thing.

This is why we are constantly bombarded with shit like black lives matter, gender issues, who uses what bathroom, what is happening in Syria etc. They keep us distracted with irrelevant issues while they fuck us in the ass and violate our rights.

People are too disconnected, distracted, and misinformed to notice or care.

Regardless, he would have to turn himself in before he could be exonerated. You can't exonerate or pardon somebody you haven't tried.

Surprise butt saxz

>cant pardon somebody you haven't tried.
Wrong!

It isn't at all. He has to come back to the us and admit to wrongdoing before he can be let off. It's literally how this works. Can't you look it up? Sad!

and yet you are still wrong... most famous example:

A presidential Pardon of Richard Nixon was issued on September 8, 1974, by President of the United States Gerald Ford, which granted former president Richard Nixon a full and unconditional pardon for any crimes he might have committed against the United States while president.[1][2] In a televised broadcast to the nation, Ford explained that he felt the pardon was in the best interests of the country, and that the Nixon family's situation was "a tragedy in which we all have played a part. It could go on and on and on, or someone must write the end to it. I have concluded that only I can do that, and if I can, I must."[3]

No it isn't. There was much discussion about this when people were wondering if Obama was going to pardon Clinton. Obama pardoning her would not be an admission of guilt and she would not need to be charged with anything first.

Nixon pardoned all the people who avoided being drafted for the Vietnam War and most of them were never individually charged with crimes.

Basically this.

Alert the authorities

Tell him my most shockingly horrific secretz. And rape, yeah def rape afterwards.

"Ed, I'm so, so sorry....
...But it was all in vain."

Pat him on the back.

This country was founded by traitors, fellow Astroturfers.

As someone in IT security, I have little to no concern with the government "spying" on our computer traffic in it's current form.

When Snowden came out, he didn't tell anyone anything that an informed IT person didn't already know. He also did not give any US citizen any 'whistle blower' information. All he did was endanger US citizens then skip the country.

There is nothing that the US government does as far as farming of metadata that literally every single other country in the entire world does not already OPENLY do.

NOT ONLY THAT, but if our government did not log our metadata then they would be the ONLY people who were NOT logging our meta data! Between google, microsoft, apple, verizon, att, aol/time warner/whatever company they merged with this week, facebook/intsa/snap/kik/etc, there is literally NOTHING that cannot be retrieved by the government WITH NO WARRANT. YOU DO NOT OWN ANY OF YOUR FUCKING DATA.

Microsoft owns your data. Alphabet owns your data. Facebook owns your data. You own fuckall. If the FBI goes "give it up" and they don't 'feel like' starting a shit fight about you that day then no warrant, no fight, no rights.

Al Gore sits on the board of Alphabet. Stop putting your shit on the internet and paying monthly fees!

"But other assholes do it too." is not a valid excuse to be an asshole.

>There is nothing that the US government does as far as farming of metadata that literally every single other country in the entire world does not already OPENLY do.

That doesn't make it OK. People like you who justify morally wrong things because other people do it too are disgusting.

hell, I'd buy him two

Difference between a "traitor to country" and a "traitor for no fucking reason".

Just watch the guy in an interview. He's a fucking scumbag. He was a low level IT guy that spend years fixing peoples computers and going "hey, I'll fix that for you, what's your password?" then violating their trust to steal information and sending it to another country. Nothing about the shit he did puts him in the category of 'hero'.

IF ANYTHING, I would suspect that he has likely gotten operatives killed and is responsible for a lot of security breaches. He also did little to nothing to inform the public.

The German protests are really what informed people about data mining. Not snowden.

>German protests
what are you even talking about

snowden leaked it wikileaks who released it through news papers

snowden is a "hero" and its sad that nothing actually changed

That's not how it happened at all. They had the server set up dumb and IT people had admin clearance and could access almost everything.

Don't talk about stuff you have no clue about.

Oh...but you both missed the fucking point.

If India mines our metadata because everyone and their fucking grandma are too stupid to know how to use an iphone properly to keep themselves safe from IRS phone scammers then it becomes the literal job of the FBI to stop that impingement upon the civil rights of those citizens.

In order to stop it, you have to know what information they are getting.

At the same time they mine, they tell everyone to use stronger encryption and invent shit like TOR and VPNs and hell...the whole internet in the first place.

Telling the fucking post office that they're not allowed to keep a list of where all the mail went because "IT'S MY MAIL!" even though you signed up for 10,000 mailing lists and said "yes, keep track of all my mail for me!" is literally the most retarded thing ever. You are trusting a corporation that has 0% obligation to provide you a service and 100% obligation to exploit you vs a government that has 100% obligation to provide you a service and is supposed to be accountable and transparent to the point of security.

true

how about the government steps up and protects our privacy from the corporations

...no...you don't know what you're talking about.

I also know countless people with TSA. He was literally a computer repair guy for NSA. He trolled people for passwords, took data, then fucked around with it and transmitted it. he had a secure room close to NSA facility and was eventually caught. He's a chump and I dare you to find a single person in the know who would not slit the fuckers throat on sight if he set foot on american soil again.

>Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety

Benjamin Franklin

I'd shake his hand. He's the real American hero

He let all of us "non-IT" people know the extent and capability at which the government could spy on us. I appreciated the confirmation personally. He did good user you're just full of shit and want to sound smart or informed or something.

>I also know countless people with TSA
lol

go back to Sup Forums neck beard

If I for some reason had no knowledge of who he is, I'd automatically hate him for looking like a hipster piece of poor trash who tries to make a living by writing articles for some shitty knockoff niche journalism site nobody's heard of in a desperate attempt to pay for his overpriced studio apartment and overly lavish lifestyle.

Was that too on the nose?

The NSA is retarded if they could get hacked by a low level guy like him.

I have a friend whos father is an engineer for a company that makes classified weapons. He showed me his laptop once.

To log into his machine he has to use a fingerprint reader, type a password that changes every day, and plug in a usb dongle. If you are missing any of those things you can't decrypt the hard drive and use it.

Same.
He gave us a good wake up call and is helping us resist tyranny.

COUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESSCOUNTLESS

You mean zero.

Not immediately recognize him, and then remember him 6 months later when I see this thread on Sup Forums.

>not putting a post it note in front of your webcam

b-a-a-a harder

I agree 100% with you user. Why can't he just be the same old logical Trump he's been?

This.

This I 100% agree with.

Citizens United. This (not really this case in particular...its precedents) that need to be fixed.

There needs to be widespread government corruption prevention. This, I hope, is literally the ONLY THING that Trump could be capable of doing as an outsider. Disrupting the normal flow of money inside DC.

People need to vote for the kinds of people that the media constantly bash. The ULTRA clean people who will really not 'do' anything. You don't need any policies. The government LITERALLY runs itself. There's a funding mandate that forces congress to agree and if they don't then everything stays the same. THEY HAVE NEVER AGREED ON TIME. Nothing happens.

If they all went home, everything would be fine. You need people that go "I'm not going to do anything except fire shitloads of people who are assholes." Like Palin. People would never vote for her. All she did in Alaska was fire everyone because she's super Christian and thinks government is stupid and hates corruption.
Do that for 16 years then huge corporations won't have a leg to stand on. No lobbyists, no new laws, no one to bribe, strong encryption, strong borders, strong military. All you need the government to do.

I would run away yelling "thanks man!" as I avoided the incoming drone strike.

Good quote. Totally not applicable.

I'm not giving up anything. The governments duty is to protect.

How it should be:
"You fucked up, here's a copy of the email you sent to this guy and how we got it. You should use this encryption program or one that is readily available because if you do then China can't see it." "Thanks!"

How it is:
"You fucked up. Here's a copy of the email you sent, you should use stronger encryption. It's readily available." "I'M SUEING YOU FUCKERS! YOU'RE VIOLATING MY RIGHTS! HOW DARE YOU SPY ON ME!" "Yes sir. We'll immediately stop." "CHINA HACKED MY EMAIL! WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP IT?!"

Snowden is guilty of espionage. He should be given a fair trial and then executed.

So, because you're uninformed, people should die?

Lol

Dollars to donuts you haven't read it

It's completely applicable, scumbag. Because you're not just intercepting our metadata. You dump _everything_ from your backbone wiretaps into an exorbitantly expensive datacenter in Utah. Everything. Even if it isn't USA traffic.

Then you cherry-pick the metadata from that. Or claim to. We all know you've actually got access to anything you goddamn well please.

>fair trial
>execution a foregone conclusion

lol

No one has died.

Not that hard to bypass if you work there.

Fingerprint is nothing.
RSN key thingy is the hardest part but that is what Snowden just went "hey, what's your password" and people gave it to him". He was basically the local IT for your dad. Imagine your dad's printer stops working and he calls a guy to fix it. Your dad let's him into the computer then walks away cause he's fucking bored of looking at the back of his ugly head. Then the scumbag copies some shit off his computer or installs a worm on it and then fixes his printer.

Basically what snowden did.

TSA clearance with NSA is essentially a lengthy background check, paperwork, pysch eval, etc that in the end says "I hearby swear to be a good boy, not do scummy shit, I know you can't watch me all the time and as a result I will always be on my 110% best behavior. If I'm ever caught NOT being on my best behavior you have the right to ass fuck me and never trust me again." only in legalize and many pages.

That's why NSA people will kill you if you do something shitty. You break the sacred trust. Literally the absolute worst thing that you could ever do is steal or lie to the agency. Under no circumstances do you ever steal shit from or lie to the agency. 0% forgiveness. MINIMUM penalty is you never work in your field ever again.

This is how it would actually be, if Snowden returned. He would never see the inside of a courtroom, even if they had to drop the missle in the middle of Times Square in rush-hour Monday traffic.

>He was basically the local IT for your dad. Imagine your dad's printer stops working and he calls a guy to fix it. Your dad let's him into the computer then walks away cause he's fucking bored of looking at the back of his ugly head. Then the scumbag copies some shit off his computer or installs a worm on it and then fixes his printer.
you do realize that the government is basically this guy and that it is a basically what snowden exploited?

the government isnt supposed to know everything about its citizens. the citizens should know everything about their leaders.

Whatever I could 2 help him..

All of this.

this isn't necessarily true. the backlash snowden created pressured many american companies to move their web servers to more neutral countries like iceland in order to avoid the prying eyes of the nsa. his leaks also put big tech on notice wrt privacy, prompting actions like apple's stand against helping the fbi in circumventing the san bernardino shooter's iphone encryption. there's plenty more happening too - services being made available to encrypt text messages, and soon also phone calls, tighter wraps on user privacy on facebook, etc. It's not all gloom.

indeed, snowden deserves a beer, and a medal, and a full pardon, and our humble respect. he acted in our service. the world would be a better place with more like him.

If that's really how cavalier you are with your IT people, you deserve the biggest ass-raping Unit 61398 can give you. Literally 'til you spit chink cum out of your mouth.

this

Say him pse teach me

underrated

"WHY AM I IN RUSSIA. WHO BROUGHT ME HERE!!!!"

I have read it. It's an exceptionally messy case and in my opinion it's not really THAT case that is the issue. It's a couple of the ancient precedent cases that are the issue.

Both sides have a legit argument tbh. If you're a union you should be able to spend your money as a person. It's the only way that you have any means to fight, politically, with a large corporation. But, on the other hand, if the ruling to do so, would in turn give Alphabet, Inc. "Freedom of speech under the first amendment" or whatever...that's bullshit.

Basically, they need to PROBABLY, leave the case alone, bring a NEW case targeting the legality of a corporate entity spending money to lobby or something "bribery" say, then use that as a precedent to alter citizens united to state that a 'corporate entity' is not actually a 'person' and a 'dollar' is not necessarily "freedom of speech" per se when spent by a corporate entity as defined by the NEW case. Then let the shit roll.

That would let them control lobbying and shit and turn the volume down on that ruling a little but still allow for unions to do stuff.

I dunno...I'm not a constitutional lawyer. Honestly...the ruling is correct....which is why it's messy.

That's sorta what Ed thought when the US revoked his passport en rout to Ecuador.

said like a true poor person

>stop being poor

It's statistically likely you're not far behind, Marie Antoinette.

Uh huh....and?

My initial point was that OTHER COUNTRIES are doing the same exact shit. If your email is in another country then it should be the obligation of the US government to inform their citizens of the proper level of security they need to use to keep from being 'intercepted' on a daily basis.
or at least making it 'too difficult' to be worth it on a monetary basis.

This kind of 'seize all data' tactic is likely what everyone does because it's cheap and effective. If you do that, then go "this is the minimum level of security you need to avoid scrutiny by a third party as recommended by the US government." that is a good service. Then that means that the majority of the data they are getting is literally in a sealed envelope. If your envelope is open, that's your fucking fault.

high five that nigga like an ultra-kike-onna-bike

I'd even hit that nigga up on the down-low comeback to my high-five, that's what's up

The US government does not give one nickel plated shit what level of security I use. They are not vacuuming up this data for my own good, they are doing it because they feel entitled to it and they fear their own citizens.

Ask him to jailbreak my Iphone

pretend to be a skyrim guard.

This

Give him shelter and help organize his escape. Not even joking. He's a god amongst men.

>implying your fat stumpy leg can reach his nuts
>implying you could get up the basement stairs without panting really hard halfway up
>implying autists such as yourself could even muster the courage to be in public

>its statistically likely
uneducated and poor confirmed