How does Shearer rank as a player?

How does Shearer rank as a player?

Probably not too highly. He's 46.

He's pretty universally considered the greatest PL-era striker alongside Henry.

Not sure where that ranks him against international competition. The PL was comically shit when he was at his peak.

White Chocolate Drogba

Shearer was better than Drogba though

we never got to see what he was actually like as a player because he was stupid as fuck and didnt go to a top club to compete at the highest level

retard

Shearer and Batistuta were very similar players who also both had horrible injuries throughout theit careers. Both of them are also top 10 ever strikers

>Both of them are also top 10 ever strikers
Huehuehue

>Shearer
>top 10 ever strikers

Please stop posting here.

Player? He's a fucking ref for god sake, learn your own fucking sport. Look at what he's wearing!

>you now imagine batistuta or romario playing in the PL in the 90s

Literal rape

Goal stats

refs don't wear black and white in most sports

Those Blackburn stats are absolute filth

Unbelievably good. Think of every striker when they had their season of their life. That was Shearer every year until his last few at Newcastle when he was in his 30s. He declined pretty fast desu.

It really puts how shit Rooney is into perspective.

He also had a shit-ton of injuries though

Well holy shit. Guess I was wrong; my bad man

My brother ranks him pretty highly. This is a man that got to see Maradona at his peak. He says top 10 striker despite all the shit he went through

But when he was scoring for fun, he was scoring for fun. It was like a goal a game at least sometimes.

Basically, if you were a manager, you'd want Shearer up front, just because he was ficking guaranteed to get goals every tiem.

I shudder to think how good he would have been at United. Would have achieved C.Ronaldo-tier status, and I'm not exaggerating

Premier league goalscoring ratio (goals/apps)

F. Torres: .4
D. Drogba: .41
Olivier Giroud: .42
Wayne Rooney: .43
Van Persie: .51
Ian Wright: .58
Harry Kane: .58
Alan Shearer: .59
Diego Costa: .61
Suarez: .62
Van Nistelrooy: .63
Thierry Henry: .67
Sergio Aguero: .68

To put that into perspective, Shearer was playing for basically a shit club.

All the players above and below him were playing for teams far ahead of Newcastle in terms of the midfielders playing behind the forwards.

Shearer was a fucking God

>not goals/min

that one eagle surely supports your claim. I mean, for some Vardy is a god too.

Michael Owen was twice the player Shearer could hope to be

english/10

>Romario

One of the best ever, especially considering the stature of Newcastle.

England's best ever striker

He was pretty good, I'd say one of the best strikers I can remember from 20 years of watching footy. If I made a top 10 based on the strikers I've seen, I'd put him around 7

Defoe will be 7th by the end of the season

>Wayne Rooney

Best English player of all time