10 cloverfield lane

Do you think it was connected to the original movie in any way? What about the ending, any thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ey-oqKUW2Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was nice because John Goodman. Ending was meh.

The ending was tacked on

Haven't watched the original. Ending was cool and better than the usual it all being in Goodman's head.

Bold Futura associated with Tagruato, I guess.

Mew is such a qt and goodman was great, cent even remember the 3rd guys face.
Ending was the only bad part,
Enjoyed the rest

Fuck that ending
>I watched the it i theatre, when i was about to recover from diarrhee.
>had to shit ~5min to the end
>expected some cool shit
>its just mew runnning away from some alien spaceship
>shit my pants on way to toilet
not worth it

at least it left the question, if goodman kept imprisoned the other girl in his rape bunker and now mew, or if there is really a deadly virus or sth.

Average suspense/thriller with a few issues. Love MEW, love john goodie, ending was absolutely fucking hilarious and made the entire movie.

Ending was like something from South Park

the ending is what made it brilliant

wouldve been better if she didnt single handily destroy a massive alien patrol ship with a molotov
was pretty stupid, everything else was great
Goodman after being fucked by the acid and not stopping because he knew what was on the line was fantastic
love me some goodman

The only good part of the ending came from her decision to stop being a victim and to join the fight after listening to the radio. The overly elaborate alien action sequence was lame in comparison to the rest of the film.

>prettening its not the new MEW thread, just fire up the wembs nigga

This, it would be better if when spraying over the fire the alien ship fucking itself over, the molovov was b movie schlock tier

I'm fairly certain she should've done more then that.
It made for an unrealistic situation.
(For an alien movie)

I wish it ended with her looking out and seeing the ship in the distance

Even that was lame, dude. People try and justify it, but it was tacked on and just about ruined the experience.

Oh, fucking please. That shit was retarded. Genre shifts can be done right in films, but it was not - in any case - effective in this film.

Prior to the ending, everything in the film is carefully set up, whereas the last 15 minutes just feel messy as fuck. It's not artsy shit, it's executive meddling.

The ending was "fine" but poorly executed.

You had four options for the ending.
1) Howard is sane and the world is fucked.
2) Howard is sane and the world is fine.
3) Howard is crazy and the world is fine.
4) Howard is crazy and the world is fucked.

The movie went with #4. It's the most shocking. You'd think that because he was crazy, he'd be wrong.
But he was both right and crazy.
That's fun.

But it should have ended with MEW escaping in a car after the bunker explodes, being all happy, and then looking up to see a burning city.
Then she looks sad and then the credits roll.

That was pretty much the original ending of the script, before it was adapted to a Cloverfield sequel.

>before it was adapted to a Cloverfield sequel.
How?
There were no aliums in Cloverfield.

Hell, if they wanted to make it a Cloverfield sequel, show the monster stomping around on the horizon.

There was no need for ayy

I agree. Why they opted for that, I don't know. Maybe they felt like their film didn't have enough big monster action and esploshuns.

Whenever it was titled "The Cellar," that was the ending. One of the main changes the script underwent when it took on the Cloverfield brand was the addition of the action sequence at the end. It just happened that way.

I'm amazed how film producers keep their job.

Like, what made this movie get word of mouth was the bunker bits, not the action at the end.

If it was straight up bunker focused and had no action at the end, it'd do as good or better.

Who the hell decided that adding action would make it more popular?

So wait is this actually a tie in to the original Cloverfield or did they just tack on the name?

>So wait is this actually a tie in to the original Cloverfield
No.
It's name only as far as is literally shown.
You could make a stretch to Cloverfield, but it's pretty tenuous

It's set in the same world, but completely different plot and style of film.

It's a cool idea, and I'd love to see more films intentionally done like this by the original writer/filmmaker/whatever, but this film is that way due to producer bullshittery like other anons have said.

It was at first a completely unrelated script, and they tacked on the name so it would sell more.

So normies enjoy it

But the normies ignored it anyways.
The only people who liked it were the borderline normies and they didn't like the ending.
If they stayed true to the borderline normie focus, it'd have been seen as a masterpiece and then in a couple of years, been a cult classic that even normies recognize.

Lensflare McJew did.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ey-oqKUW2Q

woo

Frig off with your self promotion

i didn't make this

i subbed to him and think cloverfield lane genuinely sucked

>the radio kicks in at the end
>20 feet ahead is a sign that reads " HOUSTON THIS WAY, BATON ROUGE THIS WAY"